Top Posters In This Topic

Gareth has posted this press release on his facebook :thumbsup:

https://www.facebook.com/GarethGates/posts/10152817488720871:0

48 mins ·

Press release

MAD ABOUT THE MUSICALS 10th ANNIVERSARY

NATIONWIDE UK TOUR FROM 1 OCTOBER 2015

Starring Gareth Gates and Michael Courtney

Taking you on a whistle stop tour from the heart of London’s theatre land to the glitz of Broadway, the critically acclaimed MAD ABOUT THE MUSICALS is back - celebrating the very best songs from the shows we all know and love!

With a host of your favourite numbers from the pen of Rodgers & Hammerstein, Kander & Ebb, Andrew Lloyd Webber and Boublil & Schonberg, the talented cast of MAD ABOUT THE MUSICALS will evoke the true spirit of the stage, with brilliant vocals, incredible choreography, stunning costumes and a spectacular light show, to bring you the very best show in town!

From the bittersweet ‘All I Ask Of You’ to the powerful ‘One Day More’, sit back and enjoy two hours of unforgettable London and New York favourites, brought to you by a cast direct from the West End, including Gareth Gates and Michael Courtney - ‘A Pure Slice Of Entertainment’!

Hailed as ‘OUTSTANDING!’ by the Stage, ‘THE BEST SHOW OF ITS KIND’ by Encore Magazine and nominated in 2008 The UK ‘PRODUCER OF THE YEAR’ this is one definitely not to miss!!

Gates and Courtney will head the cast of the 10th Anniversary Production, kicking off in autumn 2015 at the Palace Theatre Redditch on 1 October.

Gareth Gates rose to fame in the inaugural Pop Idol TV show in 2001/2. He became a household name making it to the most memorable of these finals, when he went up against Will Young. He went on to sell over 5 million records worldwide and have hits across the globe. His version of Unchained Melody sold over a million copies in the UK and is the third best-selling single of the Noughties, whilst Anyone of Us was an international hit. He is also the youngest ever-male solo artist to debut at number 1.

More recently Gareth has had a hugely enjoyable and successful career in musical theatre and has appeared in Les Miserables, Legally Blonde and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.

In 2014 he picked up his skates again to appear in the last ever TV series of Dancing on Ice. This finale bought back show winners and viewers favourites to compete for one last time! He also found time to join a band and become part of the second series of the Big Reunion, in the super group 5th Story, alongside Dane Bowers, Adam Rickitt, Kenzie and Kavana. This newly formed boy band are currently playing at arenas across the country this autumn with Blue, 5ive, Damage and 3T. Then in November Gareth will taking a totally different show on the road, with his acoustic band set up playing all the hits and new songs.

Michael Courtney has produced and directed the UK tours of the critically acclaimed Mad About The Musicals, Waterloo, Shakin All Over, Its D’Lovely, A Night Of Musicals, over 30 UK Pantomimes and was nominated as the UK Producer of The Year by Encore Magazine.
He is currently on tour in his show, Love Changes Everything and will direct a new stage comedy in 2015, 69 Shades of Black, starring ex-Steps singer and actress Faye Tozer.

For further information, press interviews and images please contact Katherine Camps Kilgour on 07958 649502 or email katherine@brightmediauk.com

www.facebook.com/madaboutthemusicals

MAD ABOUT THE MUSICALS TOUR 2015

1 OCT PALACE THEATRE REDDITCH
2 OCT OCTAGON THEATRE YEOVIL
3 OCT STOCKPORT PLAZA
4 OCT BEACON THEATRE GREENOCK

7 OCT THE PLAYHOUSE WHITLEY
8 OCT BATHS HALL SCUNTHORPE
9 OCT GROVE THEATRE DUNSTABLE
10 OCT WYVERN SWINDON
11 OCT HALL FOR CORNWALL, TRURO

14 OCT WEBSTER THEATRE ARBROATH .....
15 OCT ROTHES HALL, GLENROTHES
16 OCT PALACE THEATRE KILMARNOCK
17 OCT FORUM THEATRE BILLINGHAM
18 OCT MARLOWE, CANTERBURY ....

20 OCT DG ONE DUMFRIES
21 OCT OPERA HOUSE BUXTON
22 OCT HAMILTON TOWN HOUSE THEATRE
23 OCT LYCEUM, CREWE
24 OCT CONCERT HALL, FAIRFIELD HALL, CROYDON

28 OCT POMEGRANATE THEATRE, CHESTERFIELD
29 OCT TOWNGATE THEATRE, BASILDON
30 OCT LIGHTHOUSE THEATRE POOLE
31 OCT FORUM THEATRE, MALVERN THEATRES
1 NOV LPAC, LINCOLN
2 NOV OLDHAM COLISEUM, OLDHAM

4 NOV GRAND THEATRE PORTHCAWL
5 NOV FLORAL PAVILION, NEW BRIGHTON
6 NOV BARBICAN, YORK
7 NOV ST. ALBANS ARENA
8 NOV THE ROSES TEWKESBURY

Garethgates.comtwitter: @gareth_gates Facebook.com/garethgates

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest NicolaJayne

It's great hearing about all these extra dates being added to the Musical Tour, this is where Gareth really shines and I think where his future lies. I don't know if Whitley Bay has been mentioned which is near Maureen, she had held off booking for a venue nearer her.

I wonder if there's a new theatre list somewhere for all these

There's another tweet, this time it seems from someone who has booked somewhere

Just booking the new 2016 Spring tour of 'Mad About The Musicals' & 34 theatres so far in 3 days! Starring @Gareth_Gates @mcpfirst

Editing to say it seems she is a theatre producer and other things so she is probably booking the show with theatres for next year.

• 1 month later...

Gareth Gates stars in Mad About the Musicals touring to Yeovil and Poole

By Dadcock | Posted: August 31, 2015

10837298-large.jpg

Gareth Gates

Comments (0)

Pop Idol star Gareth Gates is appearing at Yeovil and Poole in October as part of a nationwide tour of Mad About the Musicals.

The show, marking its tenth anniversary, is packed with big numbers from the musicals of London's theatre land and glitzy Broadway.

Gareth Gates rose to fame in the Pop Idol television show in 2001/02 becoming a household name in the finals when he was competing against eventual winner Will Young.

He went on to sell five million records and has gone on have a successful career in musical theatre, appearing in Les Miserables, Legally Blonde and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.

http://www.blackmorevale.co.uk/Gareth-Gates-stars-Mad-Musicals-touring-Yeovil/story-27703919-detail/story.html

Gareth Gates stars in Mad About the Musicals touring to Yeovil and Poole

By Dadcock | Posted: August 31, 2015

10837298-large.jpg

Gareth Gates

Comments (0)

Pop Idol star Gareth Gates is appearing at Yeovil and Poole in October as part of a nationwide tour of Mad About the Musicals.

The show, marking its tenth anniversary, is packed with big numbers from the musicals of London's theatre land and glitzy Broadway.

Gareth Gates rose to fame in the Pop Idol television show in 2001/02 becoming a household name in the finals when he was competing against eventual winner Will Young.

He went on to sell five million records and has gone on have a successful career in musical theatre, appearing in Les Miserables, Legally Blonde and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.

http://www.blackmorevale.co.uk/Gareth-Gates-stars-Mad-Musicals-touring-Yeovil/story-27703919-detail/story.html

Are either of these places close enough for you to get to Khelda?

I am sorry Val, Its not the distance, but I wont be able to go. :(

What a shame Khelda.

Sorry I've put this in the wrong thread. My head still doesn't seem to be working properly. Please move it to the right thread.

Gareth reveals some of his favourite musicals:

http://www.surreycomet.co.uk/leisure/latest/13721039.Mad_About_the_Musicals__Gareth_Gates_spills_the_beans_on_his_favourite_musical_theatre_shows/?utm_campaign=Contact+SNS+For+More+Referrer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=snsanalytics

Mad About the Musicals: Gareth Gates spills the beans on his favourite musical theatre shows
4221573.jpg?htype=0&display=1&type=mc3

Mad About the Musicals: Gareth Gates shares his favourite musical theatre shows

3186991.jpg?type=thumb

Jim Palmer, leisure editor

Pop Idol Gareth Gates is about to take to the stage at Croydon’s Fairfield Halls once again in a show that celebrates the best songs in musical theatre.

Gareth, who has sold more than five million records and has had an impressive stage career, will appear in the 10th anniversary tour of Mad About the Musicals on October 24.

Speaking to Vibe, Gareth said: “Show like this are always good fun. We take the best songs from some of the world’s best musicals and put them all in the one show.

“It’s kind of like the best-of-the-best performed in one night. That’s why it’s great for audience who that are fans of the musicals.”

Gareth has performed on stage in big productions like Legally Blonde, Les Mis and Joseph. We asked him for five of his favourite musicals, including ones he’s been in and one’s he’d love a go at.

741196.jpg?type=article-full

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat

“I’ve been a fan of musical theatre for quite some time. It all started when I was eight. At my school, they were putting on a production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.“I had no idea I could sing or even enjoy singing so I went along to the rehearsals and landed the lead role in the show. From then, my love for music and singing just blossomed.

“I was asked by Andrew Lloyd-Webber to play the part of Joseph in the West End. It was my West End debut.

1968503.jpg?type=article-full

The Phantom of the Opera

“Phantom is one of the oldest shows around and I think any show that’s been around that amount of time and has stood the test of time is worth mentioning.

“Andrew Lloyd-Webber is a great composer. I really like his work.”

2905494.jpg?type=article-full

Wicked

“I love the different take on the two witches, obviously from The Wizard of Oz. They have taken a classic storyline that everybody knows. I think the storyline is very clever.

“The music is by a guy called Stephen Schwarz who, within the musical theatre world, is a legend.”

1195733.jpg?type=article-full

Les Miserables

“Les Miserables was certainly a highlight. I was involved in the 25th anniversary production of it and we created a brand new show that was different to the version in the West End.

“Being a part of that was really special. I then had the opportunity to go to the West End and play the role there as well. It was then the World’s longest-running musical. Being a part of that is quite incredible.”

1947801.jpg?type=article-full

Miss Saigon

“I love Miss Saigon. It’s the same writers as Les Mis and it’s got the songs that everybody knows. You play them and the musical theatre fans know all the words.

“It’s got an epic storyline and I think in its day it captured the imaginations of a lot of people. It’s quite rare that a musical does that, I guess. I haven’t been in it.

“I’d love to play Chris in it, however I just heard they’re closing it in the West End in February.”

Mad About the Musicals is at Fairfield Halls on October 24. Tickets cost £26.25. Go to www.fairfield.co.uk or call 020 8688 9291.