Radio Interviews with Gareth

eternal

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On today's show @Signal1Official I am joined by @Gareth_Gates & the cast of #Cinderella @CreweLyceum oh yes I am !!

This is today 16/9/15 @ 10.00am

LISTEN LIVE HERE :thumbsup:

Was a funny interview. Cast sound like they are all getting on well together.

Gareth confirmed its his 6th Panto.

It was stated that Cinderella was 'absolutely beautiful' by DJ and shame for Heartbroken Buttons!

DJ gave them all the 'Workplace Challenge'. They (Gareth mostly) scored 6. Had they have known the singers of Bond Theme 'View To A Kill' before time-up they would have beaten yesterday's challengers. However they only remembered Duran Duran too late :unsure:

Missed this but good to know something about what happened.

'Gareth confirmed its his 6th Panto.'

I don't like to correct the fantastic Mr Gates but he kept getting this wrong last year as well. This year is his 7th panto:

• Wimbledon - Cinderella 2008-9
  • Woking - Snow White 2010-11
  • Milton Keynes - Aladdin 2011-12
  • Canterbury - Sleeping Beauty 2012-13
  • St Albans - Cinderella 2013-14
  • Croydon - Snow White 2014-15
  • Crewe - Cinderella 2015-16

I don't know which one he keeps forgetting about but I have been to them all - then again so has he!

Thanks for posting about the radio appearance.

Well done for the correction.

(Just hoping it was 6 that he said and I didn't hear wrong) :unsure:

Thanks for that Panto info Lindajan. Good to have it to hand too.

I don't know which one he keeps forgetting about but I have been to them all - then again so has he!

Does Gareth know he was at all of them :rofl:

I listened to Gareth's interview on The Cat this morning and made a few notes, so the following is the gist of what he said. (I think the interview must have taken place in a canteen as there was a lot of clattering of pots and pans in the background!)

Again Gareth said that this will be his 6th panto and as he said that he had played the prince in all of them, so he's quite used to that role, I think he might be forgetting Aladdin where he only becomes a prince when he marries Princess Jasmine. Rehearsals don't start until the end of November but he has seen and read the script and the panto will be fun for children and adults - a great evening out. When asked what had been the craziest thing to have happened to him in a panto, Gareth replied that all sorts of things had been shouted and everything from underwear to eggs had been thrown on stage. The songs in the panto will include well-known hits of the time and classics - plenty of songs that everyone will know (but he didn't give away any specific details).

Gareth's response to a question about the Big Reunion was that 5th Story had been fun but that it had run its course. He has always been a solo artist and only did it for the show. He is now back to the day job - performing solo. He then said that he had been a successful recording artist and had moved into the musical theatre world. In his professional future he wants to do a bit of both, keeping his foot in both doors.

Gareth finished by saying that he has always enjoyed panto and that Christmas wouldn't be the same without it.

Hope that gives you an idea of the interview.

Thanks Linda.

I didn't have time to listen.

I'm glad to hear that I hadn't heard wrong in the previous interview about 6th Panto with Gareth saying the same here (proves my hearing is ok and I haven't totally lost my marbles).

I can understand underwear being thrown at Gareth on stage but I wonder who carried the eggs? That would have been a bit embarassing at handbag and body searches on way in!

Interesting reply about the Big Reunion, most of which we knew but nice to have it confirmed.

Good to hear Gareth is wanting to do both Musical Theatre and performing solo in the future.Wise guy!

All sounding good.

Thanks once again.

This is a very relaxed interview from yesterday:

LISTEN HERE :thumbsup:

The guy interviewing seems to have met Gareth before and has a very relaxed and understanding approach with his questions. The result is a more relaxed Gareth.

That was lovely Chris. Thanks for finding it. I've put it on Twitter.

• 2 weeks later...