Interview with Gareth & Faye in OK Mag

Val4Gareth

Mail on line have printed part of Gareth & Faye's interview for OK Magazine

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3360524/Gareth-Gates-reveals-not-love-sight-girlfriend-Faye-Brookes.html

'I was quite scared of her': Gareth Gates reveals it wasn't quite love at first sight with girlfriend Faye Brookes

By HELEN TURNBULL FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 08:50, 15 December 2015 | UPDATED: 09:08, 15 December 2015

They met after starring as on-stage lovers in a 2012 production of Legally Blonde.

But Gareth Gates and his actress girlfriend Faye Brookes have revealed it wasn't love at first sight, and quite the opposite.

The former Pop Idol star confessed he found his co-star 'intimidating' as they opened up about their three-year love story in an interview with OK! magazine.

2F5D476500000578-0-_I_was_quite_scared_o

'I was quite scared of her': Gareth Gates has revealed it wasn't quite love at first sight with girlfriend Faye Brookes when they met while starring in Legally Blonde in 2012 in a new interview

Gareth, 31, explained: 'I was quite scared of Faye, actually! She was this amazing leading lady so she was quite intimidating.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3360524/Gareth-Gates-reveals-not-love-sight-girlfriend-Faye-Brookes.html#ixzz3uO8kDqrc
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The 28-year-old Coronation Street actress added that she didn't understand the appeal of her now boyfriend way back when he first burst onto the scene on the debut series of Pop Idol in 2001.

2F63BF4500000578-3360524-image-a-4_14501

It's all coming out: Gareth, 31, said he thought Faye, 28, was 'intimidating' when they first met

2F5D49A300000578-0-image-a-5_14501684832

'I was so 'whatever' about him': Faye, 28, admitted she thought of the former Pop Idol star as a teenager

‘When Pop Idol was on I was 15 and my best friend in high school had a huge poster of Gareth on her bedroom wall. Whenever I stayed at her house and I slept in that bed I’d be like, 'I don’t get it!' I was so ‘whatever’ about him.’

After striking up a close bond with Faye during their time on the show, Gareth split from his wife-of-ten-years - and the mother of his six-year-old daughter Missy - Suzanne Mole.

However, it wasn't until ten months later that the new couple made their first public appearance together.

Gareth also opened about having to have surgery on his vocal chords to ease up a strain caused by constant performing - something he described as 'hell'.

He said: 'It’s the hardest thing I’ve ever gone through.

‘I’ve had a lot of support from everyone but it was a very lonely place because no one else really knows how it feels.'

However, it seems the Unchained Melody crooner has recover from the recent operation as he's back on stage in time for the panto season.

He's currently starring as Prince Charming in Cinderella at Crewe's Lyceum Theatre.

Read Gareth and Faye's full interview in this week's OK! magazine, out now

2F63C25300000578-3360524-image-m-5_14501

Not meant to be: The former Pop Idol split with his wife-of-ten-years Suzanne Mole in 2012

2F63BFF400000578-3360524-image-a-7_14501

It's behind you: After undergone vital vocal-chord surgery recently, Gareth is back on stage and stars as Prince Charming in a festive production of Cinderella

Thanks Val

I have bought OK! It is Issue 1012 Dec 29 2015 issue and costs just £1.00. :thumbsup: There is another issue with Peter Andre on the front too, which is enclosed in polythene. Am not sure if Gareth's interview is in that one too.

It is a terrific interview of 6 pages with both Gareth and his girlfriend Faye. It is honest, informative and heartwarming.

Such a surprise for us all. :thumbsup:

Just read this brilliant article in OK! magazine. It was lovely to read although quite heart-wrenching in places when Gareth describes his worries about his voice - he obviously puts on a brave face when responding to questions from fans and plays down how serious his problems were. It is good to read that things are improving and that he is being sensible about what he is doing. The photos are stunning too - they are such a gorgeous couple. Interesting to read that they are buying a flat in Manchester too. I think this must have been the interview Gareth mentioned a couple of weeks ago, as it certainly took place since his return from Malaysia.

The magazine is available on its own for £1 or as part of a pack for around £2.50. The one in the pack has a different front cover with the picture of Gareth and Faye in the top right-hand corner, I'm assuming therefore that the article inside is the same.

It's great that Gareth, along with Faye, has featured on OK! again.

Guest NicolaJayne

Loved the article and lovely pics, but felt so sorry for Gareth with his vocal problems over the last year. I agree he has put on a brave face and kept his fears hidden. So it's good that his personal life has been good and that lovely Faye has been so supportive.

Thanks for scanning the OK article Eternal , it's very good quality . Has anyone who bought the mag, noticed there is a survey near the back, which you can fill in and say who you like to read about in OK ? Gareth is not on the list , but there is a blank space to put in the name of who you are interested in.