Bradford Meet up for the fans / Footloose/Final details added

eternal

Following our earlier post (which we have deleted) we can confirm the details for the meet-up as follows.

With Gareth performing in Footloose, in his home town of Bradford, we thought it a fine opportunity for a meet-up of the fans. (Long-standing fans may remember Shipley and the turning-on of the Bradford Lights, so it's been a while!)

The date is Wednesday 29/6/16.

Time is 4.00pm (or whenever you can get there).

Place Wetherspoons The Sir Titus Salt (close to Alhambra Theatre).

It will give us all an opportunity to put faces to those names we have 'talked' to, tweeted, pm'd, facebooked or just viewed posts from over the last few years, a chance for a chat, a bite to eat (optional) at approx 6.00pm before making our way to the Alhambra Theatre for 7.30pm to watch Gareth in Footloose (once again optional).

For anyone wanting to attend Footloose, we are booked in Row D 17,18 & 19 and Row E 18,19 & 20, which are in the centre of the rows (Rows A and B are not being used). If anyone else is planning to book, you'll know where we are to join us (or avoid us, if you'd rather!).

Following the show, we will return to Wetherspoons for a nightcap, eg. Prosecco, G & T or just a coffee, giving us a further opportunity to talk about Gareth in Footloose (and possibly those gold shorts).

For anyone travelling and wishing to stay in a hotel we have arranged a deal with The Midland Hotel (see Chat for details).

If you want to know any further details please don't hesitate to contact (by pm) dorral, eternal, *gareths melody*, lindajan, Val or ValR, facebook Val Cooper or tweet @GPG, @valjcooper or @LindaMag.

Looking forward to seeing anyone who can get to this show and/or the meet-up.

(edits to say everyone would be responsible for booking their own theatre tickets (if they are interested in going to Footloose) and their own hotel booking.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest NicolaJayne

I would love to come, got great memories of my last meet up at the Ibis in Shipley but too far for me and especially as it's mid week, makes it more impossible.

It's a lovely idea though and wish you all a lovely meet up.

I'm not sure yet Chris, depends on if I can get the time off work for one as it's the following week I see it in Birmingham with Sarahjane, her mom, Hayley and her mum and i'd booked for Manchester with Sarahjane, she is unable to stay away from home in a hotel bless her, we could of seen the matinee then met up with you all after then came home when you're going in to see the show in the evening but it's a lot of travelling on the way back changing coaches, which is to much for her, its 4 hours 10 mins by coach with no changes to get a mid morning coach which we would need. I could come on my own as it's a lot closer to get to from Manchester if I can get the time off work.

I have just booked seats for eternal, Val, *gareths melody*, dorral, ValR and me for Wednesday, 29th June 2016 at 7.30pm.

Seats booked are:

Row D 17,18 and 19

Row E 18.19 and 20

which are in the centre of the rows (Rows A and B are not being used).

If anyone else is planning to book you'll know where we are to join us (or avoid us, if you'd rather!).

Looking forward to seeing anyone who can get to this show and/or the meet-up.

Linda