Bradford Meet up for the fans / Footloose/Final details added

eternal

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's like me I didnt didn't know anything like this even excited until afew year ago!alway been a gareth fan! Glad to be apart of it now, great job form all involved x

This site has been very professionally run almost since the very beginning of Gareth's career Kirsty. Don't know what I'd have done without it back at the start. :thumbsup:

Guest NicolaJayne

This site has been very professionally run almost since the very beginning of Gareth's career Kirsty. Don't know what I'd have done without it back at the start. :thumbsup:

That's true Val, it's the only one that started all those years ago and is still up and running.

I decided to come to this meetup now and stay over in the hotel :) will be sharing a room with Viv if she can get her room reservation changed to a twin room :) i'll book 2 weeks off work I think to have a rest too like I was planning to the following week as it's the following week I go to Sarahjane's to see the show in Birmingham.

I think we all do Kirsty.

Luckily we have got to know each other over the years by first going on our own.

Have a think about it but if it helps one of us could wait outside (we would have to wear a red flower or similar :lol:) so you didn't have to walk into the Witherspoons on your own.

To be honest I am quite, quiet when in a crowd too but we are all friendly especially Val who is particularly welcoming.

It would be great if you came along Kirsty. As Chris said we all went the first time without knowing anybody and I'm so pleased I made the effort all those years ago to go to the meet up at Shipley. If I hadn't, I wouldn't have made some lovely friends who I have since been able to go to lots of Gareth's shows with - as well as being able to have meals and staying in hotels with them.

Really looking forward to Bradford and meeting more new people. :thumbsup:

Awww bless you Kirsty, just shows how each and every one of us is different, like me, i'm a shy person around people I don't know, i'm a lot better than I used to be but at the same time it doesn't really scare me meeting new people and travelling by myself doesn't bother me, I was nervous travelling to Sarahjanes in Birmingham the first time I met her along with Andrea and Sadie was staying then too, my biggest fear though i'll say was what if I get off thew wrong stop, I got a bit anxious when it stopped at Wolverhampton thinking that was where to get off lol but now I could travel anywhere and not be scared or worried, ask for directions etc especially when having traveled to different places to see Gareth. It was lovely to meet you Kirsty with your beautiful little daughter outside panto so i'd be more than happy to wait outside Wetherspoons for you like Chris said but also like she said, Val is very welcoming so you'll be just fine.

I really want to come but hate going places on my own when I don't know anyone, it's my biggest fear! X

Kirsty you can't be any more nervous than I was the first time I travelled to Birmingham on my own to see Gareth. Since then my confidence has grown every time. You'd be fine with us. We'd make sure to look after you. Hope you can make it.

aww thanks maria I had been feeling like I was letting gareth down that I was less of a fan but I know my illness not my fault and I cant stay over night at places it was stress me out to much I need my own surroundings to settle. sleepings bad enough as it is with my recurring bad dreams that I had since I was 21 basically. I sometimes kick the wall got a bruise on my knee probs kicked the wall beds always a wreck so sleepings hard enough on its own without the stress of not being in my own surroundings where I feel safe atleast. my ibs ofcourse is a issue too so I hope everyone understands why I could,nt go im not risking myself ill or anything the mini stroke was enough of a scare at dancing on ice. hope you all have a great time and enjoy yourselves. love sarahjane xxx

Awww bless you Sarahjane, you are most certainly not letting Gareth or anyone down here :) just like it doesn't make any difference to him if one is only able to see him once and someone else can see him 10 times. like you say you can't help your disability and how it affects you, it was a while after your first time meeting Gareth before you second time and as we all know, Nicola was unable to travel to see him because of her disability, its such a shame it was always Glasgow he went to when she was still with us, never Edinburgh and by now she would of met him, you need to be careful especially like you say after DOI, that was the most horrible night of my life afraid I/we was going to lose you :( but you're her like the little fighter you are and you need to stay with us and have many more happy Gareth times, no one can risk losing you. love Maria xxx

/>No need to apologize Chris.

Just thought i'd do a list of who I know is definitely going so far by who I heard has booked so far

Chris, Val, Yvonne, doris, ValR, Linda, June and guessing it's your sister who's going with you, me, Viv and Lorna and it's only Feb.

My sister isn't coming to Bradford. IMy friend Karen is coming to the show but she's not coming to the meet up, I'm coming to the meet up on my own. Does everyone know how to get to the Alhambra / Weherspoons?