eternal

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

been feeling like I was letting gareth down that I was less of a fan

Because your health stops you from doing things doesn't make you a lesser fan SarahJane. I'm booked to go to Cardiff next week, but I'm not sure I'm going to make it now as not been feeling well all this week. We just have to accept it and listen to our bodies. :hug:

I was being silly with my last post tbh but it was because I felt for Sarahjane and of course others who can't for various reasons even if they would otherwise want to, that's true it's good tales can be told, there has been amazing reports from people over the years, i usually leave the work to Sarahjane because they are always fun and cheerful to read, i'm more of a having feelings inside but hard to put them into words sort of person lol.

/>If you know the area well and can give us directions it would be of great help.

Thanks.

I live in Bradford 😀 If you are coming by train and changing at Leeds, get a train to Bradford Forster Square Station it is 2mins walk to the Midland Hotel

Would you like me to meet you all at the Midland Hotel? It's a 10 min walk to the Alhambra and Wetherspoons

• 1 month later...

He should be because the official Footloose site has it on the list and it mentions the dates Lee is playing Willard instead of Gareth.

http://t.co/3XoDn1CqEw

Edits to say Gareth's website seems to of only listed up until MATM and mentions none for when he returns, don't know why the website hasn't been updated to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...

What a lovely idea to see everyone meeting up. I remember a big meet all those years ago. I would have loved to have come to this meet also but I'd have no one to travel with this time round and I'm not brave enough to go it alone lol. I hope everyone has a wonderful time :)

If we can help in any way Laura (as a few of us meet on the way at different locations- some from Devon!! some from Manchester and some from Birmingham) please let us know. If you prefer by pm please don't hesitate to contact myself, *Gareth's Melody*, Val, Valr, Dorral or Lindajan and we will do all we can to help.

Yes it's daunting and I think we all feel a bit nervous but how good will we feel the day after, when we have all been able to share those Gareth stories. :thumbsup:

Laura I remember taking you and your friend (can't remember her name) when Wendy invited us to go and see Gareth at the house on the Sunday of our meet up - lots of us are going through Leeds and I'm sure you could get a train from Middlesborough to there, I was very nervous going on my own for the first time but have made lovely friends and so glad I did it.

Guest NicolaJayne

I have lovely memories of that meet up too and still have a pic somewhere of us all outside Gareths house.

Those were the days. I really would love to come this time but it's so far and would have to travel alone.

Hi please can you give me the details for this, meeting time place etc. I have been very lucky in getting a ticket as viv is unable to go 😔I am very nervous about coming on my own as I won't know anyone. I will be driving from skipton

Thanks

Hi Kirsty What great news(although sorry Viv is not able to make it)! :jump:

Here are the details:

With Gareth performing in Footloose, in his home town of Bradford, we thought it a fine opportunity for a meet-up of the fans. (Long-standing fans may remember Shipley and the turning-on of the Bradford Lights, so it's been a while!)

The date is Wednesday 29/6/16.

Time is 4.00pm (or whenever you can get there).

Place Wetherspoons The Sir Titus Salt (close to Alhambra Theatre).

It will give us all an opportunity to put faces to those names we have 'talked' to, tweeted, pm'd, facebooked or just viewed posts from over the last few years, a chance for a chat, a bite to eat (optional) at approx 6.00pm before making our way to the Alhambra Theatre for 7.30pm to watch Gareth in Footloose (once again optional).

For anyone wanting to attend Footloose, we are booked in Row D 17,18 & 19 and Row E 18,19 & 20, which are in the centre of the rows (Rows A and B are not being used). If anyone else is planning to book, you'll know where we are to join us (or avoid us, if you'd rather!).

Following the show, we will return to Wetherspoons for a nightcap, eg. Prosecco, G & T or just a coffee, giving us a further opportunity to talk about Gareth in Footloose (and possibly those gold shorts).

For anyone travelling and wishing to stay in a hotel we have arranged a deal with The Midland Hotel (see Chat for details).

If you want to know any further details please don't hesitate to contact (by pm) dorral, eternal, *gareths melody*, lindajan, Val or ValR, facebook Val Cooper or tweet @GPG, @valjcooper or @Lindajan.

Details of the hotel are HERE just in case but see you are quite close to Bradford.

Kirsty I think we are all a bit nervous (I know I am )

• 1 month later...

Finally the month of this :) cannot wait, still can't decide if to definitely stay overnight in the hotel or come back the same evening as it's just an hour away from Manchester by train and they run late enough for me to return to Wetherspoons with everyone going after the show, depends on how far the train station is from the theatre of course if its not to far.

Maria are you going to Mancheter Victoria or Manchester Picsdilly . There are two stations in Bradford. If you're going to Man Vic you can get a direct train from Bradford interchange which is about 5 minutes walk from Wetherspoons. If you're going to Man Pic you can go from either station but you have to go via Leeds

• 3 weeks later...

The meeting time Chris mentioned in an earlier post will remain the same

The date is Wednesday 29/6/16.

Time is 4.00pm (or whenever you can get there).

Place Wetherspoons The Sir Titus Salt (close to Alhambra Theatre).

We could meet up somewhere before then and arrive at the Wetherspoons at the same time then meet up with the others as you met me before outside panto after the show when you had your beautiful Daughter with you but although you never met any of the others before, they are all lovely people :)

Do we know how many people are coming to the meet up in Bradford?

June

Sorry for late reply. Life has been hectic!

So far it's yourself and your friend, Val, Doris, Valr, Linda, Yvonne, Maria, Lorna, Kirsty and myself. :thumbsup:

I know Val in particular is in touch with others on Facebook and on Twitter but because she is away am not sure about numbers from there. Am hoping others will pop in to say Hi even if they can't make Footloose. It's a great chance to meet other fans.

It has come round so quick!! :jump: