Bradford Meet up for the fans / Footloose/Final details added

eternal

Just to let everyone know unfortunately Lorna is unable to make it now and I saw her reply to Viv saying its her Fibro flaring up and her anxiety so won't be able to make the journey bless her, she says for people to let her know if they can make use of her ticket, row D20

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anybody know where to park? That is close. I'm driving from skipton and am really anxious about it never normally drive anywhere I don't know x

I'm feeling nervous about the journey too Kirsty. I don't know where you can park but I'll ask someone who lives quite close and get back to you.

Guest NicolaJayne

Really looking forward to reports of Footloose in Bradford and all the news about seeing Gareth after the show. He was so pleased to see all the familiar faces in Bradford. Hope you all had a great time.

Just back from a lovely time seeing everyone.

Special thanks to June for your help with all information Bradford (and meeting Val from the station).You made it Val! Big well done! It's been a long wait!

Our stay in the Midland Hotel was lovely and can highly recommend it's welcome,it's history and it's lovely big rooms(and beautiful bathrooms).

The Wetherspoons Titus Salt was a great choice of location as just up the road from the Alhambra Theatre. Thanks Linda for sourcing it!

Gareth in Footloose was fab, made even better by him coming to the stage door with his mom too, both at ease chatting with the fans.

It was a special night.

Hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did.

Thanks all.

Guest NicolaJayne

Pleased you had a lovely time at the meet up Chris, enjoyed the show and had a chat with Gareth and Wendy at the stage door. A lovely way to end a perfect day, and then a nice overnight stay at the Midland Hotel instead of having to dash off home.

Used to know Bradford so well and have spent a lot of time there shopping etc when I lived in Keighley, but I exspect it has changed a lot in 30 yrs that I have lived in Hertfordshire.

Also great that Val made it, very brave of her, and lovely of June to pick her up from the station.

Looking forward to more reports of your lovely day and meet up.

It was my first time seeing Footloose last night, and Wow! After the first 15 minutes it just got better and better. Gareth was really fantastic and I don't think anyone could have played the part better than he did. His comedic scenes were outstanding. Also particularly liked Luke who played Ren. Very good dancer, but then again Gareth showed some brilliant moves himself. He most definitely can dance now.

The whole day was wonderful and it was so lovely to see everyone and have a lovely chat about Gareth (and his Cuppanut tea too). Want to say a special thank you to June for being so helpful in meeting me and getting me to the hotel before my original train would have done. Also big thank you to Linda for making all the arrangements for us.

It was so good of Gareth to come out to spend time with us all after the show as he had some of his family there and they were waiting to go out for a meal with him. Shouldn't be surprised at that though, as nothing is too much trouble for Gareth where his fans are concerned. Was nice to see the lovely tweet he posted last night too. :wub::wub:

Have to agree with Chris, the Hotel was fantastic and The Titus Salt was a great place for a meet-up. Lots of the cast members were in there, but unfortunately Gareth had interviews to do so couldn't be. Looking forward to hearing one of the interviews in the morning.

Finally a big thank you to everyone who came to the meet-up both fans I'd already met and those I met for the first time. Hopefully we'll do it all again one day soon. :thumbsup:

Guest NicolaJayne

Lovely write up Val, sounds like a wonderful day, Gareths tweet showed how happy he was to see so many of his loyal fans in the audience. Lovely too that Gareth and his Mum spent time with you at the stage door even though they were going out for a meal.

But typical that Gareth would not let his loyal local fans down and ones who have travelled far and wide like you, and have been there from the beginning,

One of my Facebook friends from Keighley who has never seen Gareth before went to see the show in Bradford and said he was just as gorgeous as ever. And was very impressed with his acting skills. She also put Gareths video of "Unchained Melody" on her wall, I think he has gained another fan.

One of my old neighbours from Keighley has also said she and her Mum love keeping up with Gareths career as they have both always liked him.

Had such an amazing time yesterday, i arrived in Bradford about half 2 and went to find the theatre then the Sir Titus Salt which was only just up the road, I went for a nosy round, I had arranged to meet up with Kirsty first who was nervous about the drive there as she had never been before then we went inside Wetherspoons for a drink and waiting for the others to arrive, was so lovely to see you all :) glad you was able to come Val after that day you nearly bottled out bless you.

Loved every minute of the show especially scenes with Gareth in of course but everyone played their part so well, there was some i'd forgotten about since I saw it in Manchester, Gareth cracks me up as Willard when he first comes on the stage, no one could play the role like he does, such cracking face expressions. hope everyone gets a chance to see this.

Was so lovely seeing him outside later, no one is more happy to spend time with their fans.

post-156-0-24758500-1467322534_thumb.jpg