2016 Panto at Grand Opera House - Belfast

Val4Gareth

Great review. Thanks for posting the link Heather. 

We were like, oh, there’s Gareth. But when he sings it’s goosebumps time, because he has the sweetest voice.

Love this bit. Know that feeling well. 

Can't help wondering though with Gareth's voice sounding so perfect to everyone who has heard him recently, why we can't get some new music released by him. Been so long waiting for that new album.

"Less of the panto's Gareth and more of the music please.'' 

What a fantastic review and the fact that's it's written by a journalist makes me love it even more! I wonder if the scene on the wall that he mentions is done the same way as last years panto at Crewe - one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Really sorry I won't get to see this but very happy for the people of Belfast that they have Gareth as the star in an amazing panto!

Another review in from The Stage giving the production 3 ***

https://www.thestage.co.uk/reviews/2016/cinderella-review-at-grand-opera-house-belfast-a-welcome-dash-of-irony/

The writer talks of Gareth's mellifluous voice:)

I had to look up mellifluous. It means: 

sweet-sounding, sweet-toned, dulcet, honeyed, mellow, soft, liquid, soothing, rich,smooth, euphonious, lyric, harmonious, tuneful, musical;

Sounds spot on!

It includes a rather nice photo too.

AD4_8658-264x357.jpg

Thank you Chris and Heather for posting these reviews too :) love the pic on the 2nd one you posted Chris, although do wish sometimes he could give the fake tan a miss or use a lighter one as although he looks gorgeous, I see they mention it but at least they didn't say anything negative about it and it's lovely what they said about his voice.

I finish work after a night shift and find all these reviews so finding it hard to keep up lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A review on Trip Advisor that wll make you think 'that's a nice compliment' then make you smile.:rolleyes:

Enjoyed the panto this year - never fails to make me laugh - May was great as usual, as was Gareth Gates and Amy Wisner (cinders)- ugly sisters were very funny too - fair play to Gareth Gates for overcoming his stammer - Respect.. Seats could do with refoaming as when you sit down, your bum bounces off the floor.

Visited January 2017

Guest NicolaJayne

I can't believe I am on GPG by following a link from my e-mails.

i have tried everything to get in and really missed this web site.

love the pics of Gareth with his Cinderella.

dont know if I will make it back here again but it won't be for the want of trying. Really missed this place.

On 1/21/2017 at 10:54 PM, NicolaJayne said:

I can't believe I am on GPG by following a link from my e-mails.

i have tried everything to get in and really missed this web site.

love the pics of Gareth with his Cinderella.

dont know if I will make it back here again but it won't be for the want of trying. Really missed this place.

So good to see you back and posting Elaine.

Are you able to send the link in your email in a private message please?