Footloose Tour - 2017

Val4Gareth

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for posting this Val, interesting to see a few dates now, I look forward to confirmation from Footloose tour on Twitter and FB, it is looking as though some of it might clash with the Spring panto like it did with MATM unless Footloose starts pretty much right away after panto according to the dates, I did notice Londons Footloose venue just has the 2 dates which is the case for the panto according to the dates from this years Easter panto.

• 4 weeks later...

Gareth has put this up on his Facebook. Take  note there are dates at Wimbledon where Gareth won't be appearing. 

Hi guys we are now in apposition to be able to announce the following dates for Footloose 2017:

FOOTLOOSE 2017 UK TOUR

Tuesday 2 – Saturday 6 May 2017
YORK GRAND OPREA HOUSE
Box Office www.atgtickets.com/venues/grand-opera-house-york | 0844 871 3024

Monday 8 – Saturday 13 May 2017
WYCOMBE SWAN THEATRE
Box Office www.wycombeswan.co.uk | 01494 512 000

Monday 15 – Saturday 20 May 2017
RICHMOND THEATRE
Box Office www.atgtickets.com/richmond | 0844 871 7651

Monday 22 – Saturday 27 May 2017 
QUEEN’S THEATRE, HORNCHURCH
Box Office www.queens-theatre.co.uk | 01708 443333

Tuesday 30 May – Saturday 3 June 2017
BUXTON OPERA HOUSE
Box Office www.buxtonoperahouse.org.uk | 01298 72190

Monday 5 – Saturday 10 June 2017
VENUE CYMRU, LLANDUDNO
Box Office www.venuecymru.co.uk | 01492 872000

Tuesday 13 – Saturday 17 June 2017
COVENTRY BELGRADE THEATRE
Box Office www.belgrade.co.uk | 024 7655 3055

Monday 19 – Saturday 25 June 2017
SWANSEA GRAND THEATRE
Box Office www.swansea.gov.uk/swanseagrandtheatre | 01792 475715

Monday 10 – Saturday 15 July 2017
GUILDFORD G LIVE
Box Office www.glive.co.uk | 0844 7701 797

Wednesday 19 – Saturday 22 July 2017
CHURHILL THEATRE, BROMLEY
Box Office www.churchilltheatre.co.uk | 020 3285 6000

Tuesday 15 – Saturday 19 August 2017
DEVONSHIRE PARK THEATRE, EASTBOURNE
Box Office www.eastbournetheatres.co.uk | 01323 412 000

Monday 21 – Saturday 26 August 2017
THE TOWNGATE THEATRE, BASILDON 
Box Office www.towngatetheatre.co.uk | 01268 465 465

**MORE DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED.

** please note there is also a Wimbledon date that GARETH WILL NOT BE APPEARING IN DUE TO PRIOR COMMITMENTS:

Friday 21 – Saturday 22 April 2017
NEW WIMBLEDON THEATRE

Gareth HQ x

Guest NicolaJayne

Thank you Val for posting this here as I couldn't see it on Gareth's Facebook and almost booked for Wimbledon, so had a very  lucky escape. also the first time I have been able to get on this site for a while and it's nice to be back. 

Gareth has posted the press release on his facebook , Gareth isn't doing Chester ( 5th - 9th September ) as well as Wimbledon

Press Release – for immediate release

FOOTLOOSE : THE MUSICAL

THE SMASH HIT PRODUCTION RETURN S IN 2017

LAUNCHING A NEW UK TOUR AT NEW WIMBLEDON THEATRE ON FRIDAY 21 APRIL 2017
WITH A STRICTLY LIMITED WEST END SEASON AT THE PEACOCK THEATRE
FROM TUESDAY 12 TO SATURDAY 30 SEPTEMBER 2017

Following a smash- hit 2016 t our which saw over 160,000 people cut loose across the UK , Footloose : The Musical will burst back onto the stage in 2017 when an International Tour launches from New Wimbledon Theatre on Friday 21 April. The tour will include a strictly limited West End season at the Peacock Theatre , playing for three weeks from Tuesday 12 September 2017 . Full tour schedule attached.

Based on the 1984 screen sensation starring Kevin Bacon , Footloose : The Musical tells the story of city boy Ren , who has to move to a rural backwater in America where dancing is banned. All hell breaks out as Ren breaks loose and soon has the whole town up on its feet. Featuring classic 80s hits including Holding Out for a Hero , Almost Paradise , Let's Hear it for the Boy and the unforgettable title track, Footloose : The Musical is set to take the world by storm once again , bursting with youthful spirit, dazzling dance and electrifying music.

When the film was released in 1984, it became the highest-grossing February release in US film history. The soundtrack album ended the year-long reign of Michael Jackson’s Thriller at number one and went on to top album charts all over the world, eventually selling in e xcess of 17 million copies . Footloose was nominated for a Golden Globe, and both the title song and Let’s Hear It for the Boy received Academy Award nominations. Footloose : The Musical first opened on Broadway in 1998 wh ere it ran for 709 performances, with a London production following in 2006 .

Gareth Gates and Maureen Nolan will reprise their roles as Willard and Vi Moore.

Gareth Gates rose to fame through the inaugural series of Pop Idol in 2001, going on to sell over 5 million records worldwide and have hits across the globe. His version of Unchained Melody sold over a million copies in the UK and is the 3rd best-selling single of the Noughties . Gareth is also the youngest ever-male solo artist to debut at number 1. More recently Gareth has enjoyed a successful career on stage, with credits including Les Misérables , Legally Blonde and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat . In 2014 Gareth appeared in the final series of Dancing on Ice , and joined boyband 5 th Story as part of ITV’s second series of The Big Reunion , touring arenas with bands including Blue and Five.

Gareth will not appear in Wimbledon and Chester.

Maureen Nolan has been singing with her sisters since she was nine years old, when they became one of Europe’s first girl bands, The Nolans . Best known for their smash hit single I’m in the Mood for Dancing , The Nolans enjoyed phenomenal record sales worldwide, and worked with some of the world’s most respected artists including Frank Sinatra. On stage, Maureen has played Mrs Johnstone in Blood Brothers in the West End and on tour to critical acclaim. She was the fourth Nolan sister to play the role, earning them entry into the Guinness Book of World Records . Other credits include Sa die in Girl’s Behind , Jill in Mum’s the Word and Sarah in The Naked Truth .

Further casting is to be announced.

Footloose : The Musical has music by Tom Snow and lyrics by Dean Pitchford , and is adapted for the stage by Dean Pitchford and Walter Bobbie. It is based on the original screenplay by Dean Pitchford . It is directed by Racky Plews ( American Idiot , West End) with choreography by Matthew Cole, design by Sara Perks and musical supervision by Mark Crossland. It is produced by David Hutchinson and Phillip Rowntree for Sellad oor Productions , Tristan Baker and Charlie Pa rsons for Runaway Entertainment, Jason Haigh-Ellery and Stephen McGill Productions. It is presented by arrangement with R&H Theatricals Europe.

2017 UK TOUR

Friday 21 – Saturday 22 April 2017
NEW WIMBLEDON THEATRE
Box Office www.atgtickets.com /venues/ new - wimbledon - theatre | 020 8545 7900
Gareth Gates will not appear in Wimbledon

Tuesday 2 – Saturday 6 May 2017
YORK GRAND OPERA HOUSE
Box Office www.atgtickets.com /venues/grand-opera-house-york | 0844 871 3024

Monday 8 – Saturday 13 May 2017
WYCOMBE SWAN THEATRE
Box Office www. wycombeswan.co.uk | 01494 512 000

Monday 15 – Saturday 20 May 2017
RICHMOND THEATRE
Box Office www.atgtickets.com /richmond | 0844 871 7651

Monday 22 – Saturday 27 May 2017
QUEEN’S THEATRE, HORNCHURCH
Box Office www.queens-theatre.co.uk | 01708 443333

Tuesday 30 May – Saturday 3 June 2017
BUXTON OPERA HOUSE
Box Office www. buxtonoperahouse .org.uk | 01298 72190

Monday 5 – Saturday 10 June 2017
VENUE CYMRU, LLANDUDNO
Box Office www.venuecymru.co.uk | 01492 872000

Tuesday 13 – Saturday 17 June 2017
COVENTRY BELGRADE THEATRE
Box Office www.belgrade.co.uk | 024 7655 3055

Monday 19 – Saturday 25 June 2017
SWANSEA GRAND THEATRE
Box Office www.swansea.gov.uk / swanseagrandtheatre | 01792 475715

Monday 10 – Saturday 15 July 2017
GUILDFORD G LIVE
Box Office www.glive.co.uk | 0844 7701 797

Wednesday 19 – Saturday 22 July 2017
CHUR C HILL THEATRE, BROMLEY
Box Office www. churchilltheatre.co.uk | 020 3285 6000

Wednesday 26 July – Sunday 6 August 2017
KURSAAL OOSTENDE, BELGIUM

Tuesday 15 – Saturday 19 August 2017
DEVONSHIRE PARK THEATRE , EASTBOURNE
Box Office www.eastbournetheatres.co.uk | 01323 412 000

Monday 21 – Saturday 26 August 2017
THE TOWNGATE THEATRE, BASILDON
Box Office www.towngatetheatre.co.uk | 01268 465 465

Tuesday 5 – Saturday 9 September 2017
STORYHOUSE THEATRE, CHESTER
Box Office www.storyhouse.com | 0845 241 7868
Gareth Gates will not appear in Chester

Tuesday 12 – Saturday 30 September 2017
THE PEACOCK THEATRE, LONDON
Performances Tue-Sat 7.30pm, Sat 2.30pm, Sun 4.00pm
Box Office www.peacocktheatre.com | 020 7863 822

Gareth HQ x

safe_image.php?d=AQCiSGeH9ENAJbxG&w=476&

Thank you for posting the Facebook updates Val and Heather, definitely safest not to book any straight away as soon as a theatre announces and best to wait for Gareth's management, I emailed Ali the other day and she said the list will go up later in the day as had just been given clearance to do so which it did and she said unfortunately theatres sometimes get in there first.

I did notice Wimbledon on ATG the other day says starring Gareth and Maureen to which some would book thinking they are going to see him

On 12/21/2016 at 5:26 PM, NicolaJayne said:

Thank you Val for posting this here as I couldn't see it on Gareth's Facebook and almost booked for Wimbledon, so had a very  lucky escape. also the first time I have been able to get on this site for a while and it's nice to be back. 

Thanks for posting all the dates. Its good to have them confirmed. Interesting the tour goes to Belgium.

Welcome back Elaine. Not sure why you couldn't get on the site.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest NicolaJayne

Love the trailer Heather, really makes you want to see the show, and if you have already seen it makes you want to go again and again, such an energetic uplifting show.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest NicolaJayne

I already  have my tickets for Footloose at the Peacock theatre for September, going with my husband, son and daughter in law. But thank you for the link to win tickets, I wouldn't say no to going again, would just have to find someone  else to go with. 

• 2 weeks later...

When I was looking at the Footloose website the other day, I noticed that Belgium is no longer on the list of venues (neither is Chester but Gareth wasn't doing that one anyway). I can only assume that the tour is no longer going to those venues. I doubt that this will affect many or any of us but I'm sure I saw some replies elsewhere from someone in Belgium, who was pleased to have the opportunity to see Gareth. I think Gareth's Facebook still has all the original venues but updates on there seem very sporadic.

Thanks for letting us know Linda.

It is hard for us to keep up with all that is going on in Gareth's life so anything new spotted we do appreciate being told so events on here can be altered (not like Gareth's official site).

Wonder why Begium has been omitted? Seemed to me a strange event being a one off in Europe.