Footloose Tour - 2017

Val4Gareth

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only names, apart from Gareth, Maureen and Hannah (of course), that I recognise from last year are Alex Marshall (who plays Ethel's brother), Luke Dowling and Lauren Storer (who were swings). Can't say that I recognise any of the other new cast at all. Hope they are all as good, or better, than last year. Yes, Chris, it is a new Rev. I had been thinking that it was about time they were announced, as rehearsals must start fairly soon.

On 3/18/2017 at 10:29 PM, lindajan said:

The only names, apart from Gareth, Maureen and Hannah (of course), that I recognise from last year are Alex Marshall (who plays Ethel's brother), Luke Dowling and Lauren Storer (who were swings). Can't say that I recognise any of the other new cast at all. Hope they are all as good, or better, than last year. Yes, Chris, it is a new Rev. I had been thinking that it was about time they were announced, as rehearsals must start fairly soon.

I wonder how the audition process works as they take the show on tour? Do they all have to re-apply I wonder?

Will be interesting to see how the new Rev performs because I thought the last one was a bit stiff. I may think differently of him when I see the new one.

Looking forward to seeing the show.

Thanks for the vlog from Gareth Heather. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest NicolaJayne

Thank you for that Chris, really nice interview from Gareth, he seems to be really enjoying the comedy as this is something completely different for him. 

i hadn't realised that the  cast was changing for this years Footloose, they all really played good parts last year. 

• 5 weeks later...

Firstly apologies for not being able to come and let eveyone know how our day went, sooner. If I know anyone has been to a show/gig I am always waiting for a post to see how it's all gone so sorry for the delay.

We had a great day in Coventry. Never having been to the city before I wasnt sure what to expect. It is certainly a mix of old and new buildings. The theatre is in a very pleasant location and its foyer one would feel more than comfortable just popping in for a coffee.

We went to an afternoon performance which for me never seems to have quite the same buzz as an evening performance but those actors on stage certainly created a buzz ( and us three had a buzz of our own too). 

I am not sure what the differences are to last years show ( which I loved too) but this from the beginning felt tighter more dynamic and bursting with even more energy. There was no clothes rail on the stage ( which foxed me before) and a different curtain ( not sure what it is called)too making the show feel different from the start.

I loved the new Ren. He bought something else to the part.

Gareth was  absolutely great. He did play more guitar and more piano ( at the front piano) showing off his talents more clearly. Him singing Mamma says has to be the highlight of the show. Gareth seems to ooze his enjoyment of performing it. His voice sounded very good indeed. 

The audience were up on their feet at the end and I think everyone left singing ' Footloose' to themselves.

We did go to the stage door and Gareth came out quite soon after:o. He was dressed in black gymwear . He was just so lovely in having photos etc taken with everyone, even though the guy who plays the Reverand ( who Gaŕeth was obviously going to eat/ to the gym with) carried on without him. 

It was a great day and seeing Gareth in shows like this makes me realise he was born to perform.:D Long may it continue.