Val4Gareth

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw Royal Court Liverpool tweet Gareth happy Birthday saying who is with us in Footloose this Autumn, I checked and it's from the 30th Oct to 4th November, thought the last was the Peacock theatre in London as it's the last on Footlooses site, I asked them when the tour ends, hope they get back to me about it.

I tweeted the Liverpool place to ask how long tickets have been available for and they said juts a couple of weeks so sounds to me like more dates have been added to the tour, must of been popular enough then, of course Gareth maynnkt be able to do them all, same with the other cast really.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a Broshure through for the theatre that Gareth did the Easter panto at the other day and it appears footloose is running again next year- it was April 2018, there is no mention of Gareth or Maureen. I have emailed paul to ask him 3days ago but fortunately not had a reply as yet 😞 X

Thanks for the info Kirsty 🙂 as much as it's an amazing fun filled lovely show I'd like Gareth to do a different show next year although not keen on the thought of not seeing Gareth as Willard again lol then again me and Sarahjane might make it to another one before this tour ends, hope you get a reply from Paul soon.

1 minute ago, Kirsty said:

Me 2, but if he is in it I wouldn't want to miss it being so close to home x

Which venue was it? if it's a tour again next year, there will be more but I find it weird that this year the London Peacock theatre was the last venue and ends at end of Sept but there's now one in Liverpool end of Oct into Nov yet the whole of Oct is free, it would seem weird to have a whole month with no venues with just the one thrown in a month later, surely th others should be confirmed any time soon, the Liverpool one was added into the Footloose site a few days ago.

Great to see the video Heather.

Gareth being in the bar??

10 hours ago, Kirsty said:

I got a Broshure through for the theatre that Gareth did the Easter panto at the other day and it appears footloose is running again next year- it was April 2018, there is no mention of Gareth or Maureen. I have emailed paul to ask him 3days ago but fortunately not had a reply as yet 😞 X

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've looked online at Burnley Mechanics site, clicked on 'What's  On' and on the final page it shows 'Footloose'. If you click on that, it says 'presented by Valley Academy', so I think it's a school production. I would have been very surprised if the tour was continuing next year too. Whilst I love Gareth as Willard, I hope that he's in a different show next year.

Maria, there is a further venue between The Peacock and Liverpool. The show is returning to The Spa, Bridlington (where it premiered) from 10th to 14th October. I expect that finding other venues with availability at this late stage has been difficult.

Oh I'd forgot I'd not mentioned that but did see they tweeted that venue too the day they tweeted it and they replied to me to say not at present when I asked if there would be any more and that crossed my mind it depends on theatres having any spare weeks left which now I very much doubt there will be.

Edits to say I agree as much as I love Gareth as Willard and me, Hayley and Sarahjane may it get to see him in the role again, id rather him be in a different show next year as it isn't as if we haven't seen him as Willard, well I'd like to think all Gareths fans have been able to get to at least one this year or last.