Another new Performing Arts Academy for Gareth- Fates Academy

Val4Gareth

Gareth has set up a new Performing Arts venture with Faye calling it Fates Academy. 

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/showbiz-news/-faye-brookes-gareth-gates-corrie-12717983

Showbiz couple Faye Brookes and Gareth Gates are launching a performing arts academy

The academy will teach singing, acting and dance to youngsters - and they've picked a great name for it

Showbiz golden couple Faye Brookes and Gareth Gates are launching a performing arts academy together.

Coronation Street favourite Faye and Pop Idol Gareth are excited to be opening Fates Academy just a short distance away from the Corrie studios at Trafford Wharf, to teach singing, acting and dance to aspiring young performers.

Faye, who won the best newcomer gong at this year’s National Television Awards for her role as Kate Connor in the ITV1 soap, is hoping to bring in her Corrie co-stars and producers to teach masterclasses at Fates, an amalgamation of their names.

Faye, 29, from Flixton, said: “There was nothing like this drama school around when I was that age and setting this up is a dream of mine. And working so close by makes it easier to bring people from Corrie in to do masterclasses.

“I would love my co-stars to come in and it’s definitely something we can look at doing.

“I hope that we can inspire the next generation of Coronation Street stars.”

Fates Academy, based at University Technical College (UTC) at MediaCityUK will teach three age groups - five to eight-year-olds, nine to 12-year-olds and 13 to 18-year-olds every Tuesday from 4.30pm to 7.30pm

The school, which will also prepare youngsters for auditions, aims to put on two shows each year.

Faye and Gareth, who met when they trod the boards together in Legally Blonde: The Musical in 2012, are both from musical backgrounds.

Stage star Gareth, who started singing when he was eight and plays the piano, guitar and drums, goes back on tour across the UK with Footloose The Musical next month.

He said: “I already have three performing arts schools in Braford, Huddersfield and Milton Keynes and with Faye doing so well in Corrie and being on TV every night, we though that between us we could really bring a lot of experience to kids who want to perform.

“We have both worked in the industry for years and it’s perfect to open at MediaCity which is literally a stone’s throw from the Coronation Street studios.

“Faye only works two minutes away and will probably be there most weeks and I will be there when I can.”

Guest NicolaJayne

Think it's a lovely idea that Gareth and Faye are opening an academy together.

wonder how many Gareth has now, think he still has one in Bradford as his sisters work there, and didn't he open one in Kent?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...