Gareth radio today 14/3/17

Guest NicolaJayne

Guest NicolaJayne

I was at work this morning so didn't know till lunchtime. Linda texted me to say Gareth was on radio 5 this morning talking about his stammer, getting through Pop Idol and his career, his Mum was also on later but Linda was at work so couldn't listen to his Mum. Wonder if there is a listen again fascility. 

Thanks to both Elaine and Maria.

What a fab listen to the interview with Adrian Chiles. Gareth was great. He was able to open up like we haven't heard before.

Adrian of course is a great interviewer, putting people at ease. He is a local 'lad' to where I live so I follow his career with interest. I met him only last year at a local gig.

Lovely he interviewed Wendy too. What she said made me cry. 

Guest NicolaJayne

Thanks to Maria for her link to the interview, it was very long but interesting and also very moving to hear what Wendy had to say, can imagine how she must have felt.

It was so awful for Gareth when being spoken to by Ant and Dec after performances on Pop Idol that if I had the series on tape still, I'd have to fastforward past it because it was so sad how much he struggled to speak back then :( the fact some tried to say he was faking it, is heartbreaking, how far he has come since then though is more than amazing.

Guest NicolaJayne

I agree Maria, when Gareth had to speak on Pop Idol it was heartbreaking .

I have so many tapes of Gareth and such a shame as nothing to play them on now.

Guest NicolaJayne

Thanks Heather so many things we get rid of and then wish we hadn't, but mine was a big music centre, just took up too much space.

but I have lots of vynal  albums also in my loft and they are so popular again, beginning to wish I had held on to my music centre.