Gareths management

Guest NicolaJayne

Guest NicolaJayne

I hope I don't upset anyone including Ali with what I am About to say.

after reading that Gareth's management had changed on twitter.

I e-mailed Ali Parry who IMO has done Gareth proud and managed him very well for years to ask her what was going on, only to get this reply. 

Hi  Elaine
Came out of the blue to me too to be honest!  But he / his Dad have decided to manage him . 
Ali x 

Ali Parry management and PR 

I cant help feel this is a big mistake, as don't think Gareth or his Dad will know much about management and I didn't want fans thinking that it was the other way round and she terminated his contract. 

Thanks for contacting Ali and sharing her reply with us.

What a shame for all concerned.

Whilst I don't think Ali has ever been particularly in favour of GPG, she has always replied to emails from fans and tried to keep us 'in the loop' wherever possible. She has worked hard for Gareth over many years and am sure she has a great knowledge of both the music and TV industry.

If Gareth's dad is now managing Gareth, I think I would feel a little uncomfortable emailing him as I did Ali (because he is family).

Unless we start to see a huge upturn in Gareth's website etc being updated and him being promoted, I too can't help but think this is not a wise decision.:(

I'm struggling to decide what I feel about all this, guess as long as Gareth still gets work and there will be new music at some point and that he is promoted well, that's the main thing but I'd hope Paul is a lot better at that than Gareth as he has never been any good at promoting himself. I just hope Gareth was very respectful and thankful to Ali for all she's done for him when he told her about this.

Guest NicolaJayne

Firstly I appologise for starting a thread by mistake when there  already was a thread in chat. If it's a problem you can move it.

i think we can only hope that Gareth has all the right contacts  and is head hunted for shows, but think with regards to doing any new music he needs an experienced manager for promotion .