Lichfield gig

mariaw81

It was so lovely hearing Gareth sing at his own gig again and his voice back nearly 100% Well to me it already was though like Linda said, he still doesn't do that high note in Unchained Melody, he got the crowd  to do it, there must of been 2 people not turn up in the front row in front of where me and Sarahjane near the end if the row so we moved thinking may as well, Linda came over to us and Gill in the interval and said so far it was the same set as Cleckheaton and looking at her songlist in her report the second half was the same , Gill said it was a little different the night before. We didn't know if he'll arrive by the stage door or the entrance round the side, we asked inside if Gareth had arrived and they said he'll be getting there around half 5 so while me and Sarahjane was waiting outside, I was stood on the corner looking both ways to spot Gareth coming while Sarahjane was sat on a bench resting but got bored and joined me then she spotted Gareth down this other street and I couldn't see him, I joked saying she's magic because he happens to come after I was stood and nothing, it's usually Sarahjane spotting him first, it was lovely to see him, in the evening it was mad busy at the stage door but he was so patient as always and made sure he seen everyone, we stood back until he'd met most as we had already seen him earlier and was best when things had calmed especially after the fear Sarahjane faced, we had never been in stage to sing with Gareth before and it was something Sarahjane always wanted o do but was to scared, Gill gave us encouragement so when Garreth said who wants to come up like he does getting people on stage with him, we got up with Gill then quite a lot of others followed suit but was scary for Sarahjane because of her social phobia, I'm not having a dig at others for getting up as it was all just in fun anyway, no one harming him but it was shame that it was meant to be special for her as dont usually get lots up at once, Gill and Sarahjane are worried Gareth and people will think it's their fault especially with Gills partner joking saying she caused it when she was just getting Sarahjane up. He seems to want the general public who are not particularly fans to think Stay and Hold in a Tight are new songs as when he introduced Stay he said it was a song he wrote about a year ago lol. 

Hopefully he may get time to write some more songs next year as so far nothing has been announced for next year although may be a bit early yet, no matter what he sings though, I'll never get bored of as he puts so much into them, there really is no one else like him but a few more new songs at these gigs would be perfect along with maybe some new covers but was the first gig we had been to for a while since the Stables gig.

Me and Gareth, don't remember wind being strong enough to do this to his hair in the day time pic haha, wouldn't think looking at that, it would look so gorgeous in the evening, like Linda said to us it was nice for him to wear no hat this time even though it does suit him, that said, anything looks good on him.

IMG_0120.JPG

IMG_0121.JPG

Thanks for a great report Maria.

Sounds like it was a great gig and a treat for everyone up on the stage too. Think Gareth loved it by the sound of his tweet.

Yes would be good to have some new songs for new gigs next year. (I really regretted not going to this one so hoping for some next year).

Your photos are good. Lol at Gareth's hair in the daytime but composed as ever on the evening.:)

This is a photo he tweeted today after a hair cut at the place in Manchester I see Faye goes to for her hair and pampering etc @barnitMCR he didn't need it as hair was gorgeous on the evening but he may of seen my pic and thought oh hell lol.

IMG_0123.JPG

Guest NicolaJayne

Lovely report Maria. I was surprised and had to look twice at Gareth's hair as your hair isn't blowing at all, so it doesn't look to be windy. The Lichfield gig sounds amazing, l would have loved to have been there. It was lovely to see so many complimentary tweets on the show.

Me, Sarahjane and Sylvia just couldn't work out for the life of us why his hair is like that, it wasn't that windy if I remember right and Sarahjane pic wasn't like that and hers was just seconds before mine lol, Sylvia couldn't work out how the colour looks different, more like mine but guess it's because it's only strands of hair and the light catching it.

Thanks for your report Maria. Was lovely to hear about the gig. Your pictures are lovely too. 

Don't quite see how that can be Gareth's hair when he has his hood up on his jacket. Are you sure it wasn't something or someone stood behind him.

Sylvia asked exactly the same thing lol but no, no one or anything behind us, it really is spooky to be honest, where is there a scientist when we need one, the front of his hair wasn't covered but still where has it come from, puzzled.

Guest NicolaJayne

Thank you for showing Sarah Janes pics Maria they are lovely, and it's a big mystery about His hair especially as that pic was just before yours.