Pizza Express Live Gigs Feb 2018

eternal

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Was lucky enough to go to the Birmingham gig last night.

It was a superb venue and Gareth was amazing. I quite like the idea of having a meal with a glass of wine then Gareth being the entertainment.

There were many songs Gareth played at the piano which was so lovely. (Linda will no doubt post the list of all the songs he sang/played) I just remember there was one which Gareth said him and Pete had only played once together and that was the night before. It went well!

He had a fantastic rappor with Pete and it was very evident they were having a great time together performing. Their set list was listed on a Pizza Express hat which Gareth at one point put on his head, having to take it off to find out the next song.

I think I am right in saying Gareth played more songs at the piano for his second half and then 'got the party started' with more upbeat numbers. Both worked very well and he did get the many blokes in the audience on his side as he blasted out the rocky numbers.

Gareth's voice was good and for me I loved the crushed velvet suit, taking no notice of old sofas and gran's curtains talk. He looked good.

Thanks to Yvonne, Linda(thanks for the lift too), Anne and Joyce for their company. It really was a great night.

Thanks to Sarah Green on Twitter. This was the suit

DW1kptGXkAAlK35.jpg

Guest NicolaJayne

thanks Chris for your great report. I prefer that suit to the one he wore at Maidstone.

did you have a pic taken with Gareth.?

I am sorry for posting my report in the wrong place but don't know how to move it over. If you do you are welcome to.

Thanks for telling us about the gig last night Chris. Definitely a different set-list to previous ones. I like that suit much better than the flowery one he wore on Friday. Managed to listen to a few of the songs Gareth sang on someone's facebook feed and thought his voice was sounding back to normal. Glad you all had a lovely time. 

5 hours ago, NicolaJayne said:

thanks Chris for your great report. I prefer that suit to the one he wore at Maidstone.

did you have a pic taken with Gareth.?

No I didn't have a picture taken with Gareth. I hate having my photo taken. Perhaps if I lose a couple of stone in weight and feel happier with my image I may do ( it may be a while)!! I actually feel quite shy to go up and say anything to him. In the past he has waved over acknowledging my support, which is how I like it.

When Gareth came on the stage he made reference to his suit almost saying 'What do you think of this'!

I love his flowery suits too!

It's just come to me (took quite a time) to think of the song Gareth played which was so lovely. He was at the piano playing... Yvonne will have to fill in this blank as I can't remember but she knew every word of every track and when it was released, when he went into 'That's When You Know'. Those first bars are so magical as is the song. So lovely to hear it played on that Grand Piano too.

Thank you for your love report Chris 🙂and for the pics and videos you shared from Twitter.

There’s not much I can add to Chris’s report but it really was a beautiful evening and lovely to hear Gareths voice is definitely back, like Elaine we wasn’t as near the front as we thought but it’s because it’s the closest to the front they could put a table of 5 but it was such a beautiful small intimate venue it was still a brilliant view. I was so proud of Sarahjane getting up on stage with him to sing, was so beautiful to see, we didn’t think he’d notice us putting our hand up for him to choose her. I’m just sorry as we was standing at the time and was such a special moment watching her that I didn’t record her or take a pic. Due to the lighting and my phone the pics aren’t that great but here they are anyway along with my pic with him taken on Sarahjanes camera.

903B7A92-EF6F-46CA-8F37-44F20FDB72D1.jpeg

86D7E673-9439-4F98-B439-C45C0322A14B.jpeg

B4392777-205D-4CEE-BF0D-432D1665A4DA.jpeg

C35E8ED9-A52E-41D9-B023-573740198725.jpeg

Thanks for your report Maria and your lovely recordings too. How great that we have got them on here.

I must be honest in not being able/feeling confident enough to record anything so am grateful you took the trouble to record and share them on here too.

No its fine they are in here.

Perhaps in the future we may move them all into music so they can be seen at a glance without trawling through all this.

What a great couple of threads these are turning out to be and can't help but reflecting on a great weekend - both attending a gig and reading others who have attended other gigs too.

Who knows perhaps we may get some more???https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/feb/26/gig-economy-pizza-express-dishes-up-live-music-to-beat-restaurant-blues (thanks to Linda on Twitter for spotting this)