Our trip to wolverhampton 19th December

Guest NicolaJayne

Guest NicolaJayne

Set off at 9 45am to pick Linda up at Potters Bar,  but got stuck in non moving traffic up the M1 for about an hour, so after giving ourselves plenty of time to get from Hertfordshire we were left panicking as to whether we would get there in time  with over 80 miles to go. Luckily we did but no time to spare so Brian dropped us outside the theatre, then went off to find somewhere to park. We were on the 2nd row really good seats to say we didn't book till late.Have to say they have spared no expense in this panto with costumes and special effects. It was fantastic and one of if not the best panto Gareth has been in. He spotted me soon as he came on stage but think I was the only familiar face as didn't see any other Gareth fans. Every member of the cast played their part to perfection and the humour mostly down to Simple Simon was so hilarious. Loved the fact that Gareth sang Unchained Melody. Don't want to say much more about the panto for anyone who is yet to go. He also gave me a lovely wave at the end. 

All too soon it was the end of the show and time to find the stage door. With lots of people coming and going and photographers coming in and taking ages to take pics of the cast on the stage. Eventually they all  left and the cast came out to get food and take it back in but still no sign of Gareth. So when the girl who plays Jill came back with her food I asked her if Gareth was coming out and she said she thought he had left, then came out and said he had gone out the front door. Luckily a chap we had struck up a conversation with at the stage door  and was also waiting for Gareth, hung back to have a few words with us at the end of the alley. Then we turned to set off for home disappointed at not seeing Gareth, when all of a sudden Gareth is running down the alley after us in his stocking feet and very thin track suit. Bless him as he still hadn't eaten and by this time it was about 6 20pm. So we had a few words with him programme signed and pics taken, so went home on a high. 

It's with much thanks to my husband for driving us all that way  that we got to see this panto, so very grateful to him. 

Our pics with Gareth 

IMG_2047.JPG

IMG_2048.JPG

IMG_2049.JPG

Thanks for posting your interesting report of your visit to the Panto Elaine . It's good to see you think it's the best panto that Gareth has been in so far . I had to smile at the thought of Gareth running down the alley to see you in his stocking feet , I can't imagine anyone else doing that to see his fans . I'm glad you got to meet Gareth , your pics are gorgeous :wub:

Thanks Elaine for your great report.

I definitely agree it is the best Panto Gareth has been in and like you say no expense spared. The scenery (and the lovely old theatre too) were amazing.

Lol at Gareth running down the alley with no shoes on. Like Heather says what other artist would do this for their fans?

So glad you made it and had a great time.

Guest NicolaJayne

It was lovely of Gareth to come out in his stocking feet and run down the alley to see us, like you say what other Star would do that. 

Proud to to be a fan of his.  

Forgot to say I found the people of Wolverhampton very friendly and helpful x