Problems logging in and validating

Admin

I've noticed there are still quite a lot of people registering on here, but not validating their account, which will mean you won't be able to read everything, or join in. When you register, you should receive an email from us asking you to validate your account by clicking on a link. If for some reason that doesn't work, please reply to the email, and we'll sort things for you.

If you have already registered, but have forgotten your password, click on this link and then follow the instructions. Your password will be sent to the email address you registered with, so make sure you check that account, and look in your junk and spam folders if you can't see it.

It's also important that you keep your email address up to date, so if you have changed your email address since you registered, please go to My Controls then Change email address.

• 2 years later...

I've noticed that a few formerly regular members have had their accounts locked. This happens automatically if there are repeated failed attempts to login.

If this has happened to you, and you can't remember your password, or you've changed your email address, please email Admin on admin @ garethpaulgates.net

You'll need to use the email address without the spaces. They were removed to prevent those search engines that look for email addresses for SPAM.

• 4 months later...

I wasn't sure where to post, but I keep having problems logging in. On logging in I also get this Forbidden message:-

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.10 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.10 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at garethpaulgates.net Port 80

Although I'm logged onto the boards now, I just thought I'd let you know :)

Katie xx

I get the message when inputting my username etc, and it appears to have denied me but if I click as I were to make a post, it has me logged in although it's shown the forbidden message, if that makes sence. And I only get the message after I've deleted my cookies etc.

Sorry I'm not very good at explaining.

You only get the message once you've deleted cookies, or you only get to log in when you've deleted your cookies?

Has anyone else experienced anything similar. I've not heard of anything like it, but I'll see if I can find out the cause, so if I can get as much informatino as possible the better it will be.

I get the message when I've deleted my cookies. When I log in, I usually tick it so it remembers my log in details, but delete my cookies etc every so often, which then I have to input my username and password, again. - When I come to log in again after deleting my cookies, it is then that I get the message.

• 4 years later...

Please note that the security check on the Registration Form is sometimes a little difficult to read.

Just keep clicking the box (with the circular arrows in) next to the security check untill there are numbers and letters easy to read.

Try here:

http://garethpaulgates.net/forum/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=register

• 2 years later...

Just a reminder from the first post about validating when registering;

I've noticed there are still quite a lot of people registering on here, but not validating their account, which will mean you won't be able to read everything, or join in. When you register, you should receive an email from us asking you to validate your account by clicking on a link. If for some reason that doesn't work, please reply to the email, and we'll sort things for you.

Alternatively tweet @gpgnet.