Dancing on Ice

Val4Gareth

I've seen you've said that before Snowdrop. I wonder if this is some sort of `preview program' and the competition proper will start the following week.

I really hope they have a preview programme so that people can get to see the skaters before any knockouts.It's the same with SCD they train for months then on the first show when everyone is nervous the 1st pair are eliminated(usually the least well known)

In these shows where celebrities are learning a new skill,I'd like to see a couple of programmes before the main show, I can then get to know the couples and decide who I want to support.Although with this series of DOI I know who I will be supporting before it even begins.

I'd like a preview show too, or it could be a review of what happened last time, plus the tour, then an introduction to the celebs. But I too feel that it's always a shame that someone who has worked hard, sometimes for months has to leave so soon. I suppose there will still be a couple who will only skate once, or twice if the skate-off counts!

I wonder if they'll do another Champion of Champions this year? I'm not sure how well that would work, as the contestants from series one and two did the tour last year, which is bound to put their current standard well above what it was by the time they left the tv show.

I think it will be a preview show, similar to Strictly Come Dancing, where the first show introduced us to the couples, and followed a bit of their training. I found it very interesting, although the viewing figures didn't rise until the first week that they actually took part.

Guest GarethsHotChick

Thank You for posting that up Val, I can't wait for DOI to start. It's REALLY exciting, Can't wait to see Gareth in his sequined outfit he will be wearing. : :smile:

Torvill and Dean: Dancing on Ice ITV 3

Highlights of Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean's live tour 2007, featuring Stefan Booth, Claire Buckfield, Duncan James, Bonnie Langford and Lisa Scott-Lee, and series two winner Kyran Bracken. Presented by Andi Peters

Sport/General Show/Game Show/Ice Skating/Ice Skating

this morning on ITV 3 from 11:25am to 12:25pm :smile:

I saw the DOI3 adds last night Ann :smile:

Sounds very exciting.

Did anyone here apply for tickets? I know they are really, really hard to get.

Several of us applied for tickets, but could only make the reserve list. Here's hoping! :heart:

I read this post today which does at least say Maria is taking part again this year . Posted: 26 Nov 2007 at 14:30 .The Blue Room.

'I saw Duncan and Maria in Coventry on 17 November when they opened the open air ice rink.

Duncan said that girls wouldn't be disappointed in Maria's partner for 2008 and that training was going well.

The little wotsit wouldn't spill the beans on who it was though ... the wotsit being Duncan, not Maria.'

Sounds like Gareth doesn't it ? :smile:

Thank you so much Heather. It does sound like Gareth, and Duncan and the boys from Blue were great friends with him because they all won awards at a ceremony in Asia at the same time. In fact, Gareth was picked to do the presentation of the award to them. I still have it somewhere on video.

Guest GarethsHotChick

Thank You for posting up what you read about DOI Heather, It's all REALLY exciting and I can't wait for Gareth to confirm that he will be taking part with Maria as his partner. :hyper: I remember seeing Gareth give out the award to Blue at the MTV Asia Awards too as Carol said, It was when he also won the award for Best Male. :smile:

Thank You for posting up what you read about DOI Heather, It's all REALLY exciting and I can't wait for Gareth to confirm that he will be taking part with Maria as his partner. :hyper: I remember seeing Gareth give out the award to Blue at the MTV Asia Awards too as Carol said, It was when he also won the award for Best Male. :smile:

That's right Nicola. I was trying to remember which awards. You have a very good memory!

I found this posted on DigitalSpy

I emailed ITV to ask them about schedules and they said:

Thank you for your email.

Dancing on Ice will commence on Sunday 13 January 2008 at 1745 hrs on ITV1.

Kind regards,

Duty Office - dc

Think it probably is definitely going to be Sunday. ITV have announced they will be revealing a new schedule here

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcasting/a...w-schedule.html

This paragraph looks pretty convincing to me

ITV director of television Simon Shaps explained: "One of the principal ideas behind these changes is to make the weekends on ITV1 feel special. We have always been the home of Saturday night entertainment and we want to broaden that out to make the whole weekend on ITV1 something to look forward to. This has meant a wholesale spring clean for Friday nights with new comedy, drama and feature films to get the weekend started, and a much fresher look to Sunday evenings with entertainment shaking up the historically drama-led schedule."

Last night on Celebrity Millionaire, Chris Tarrant announced that next Saturday would be a Dancing on Ice special. Does he mean with celebrities answering questions because the advert for it showed Torville and Dean in the hot seats?