The other skaters

Admin

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That looks really nasty. I hope Frankie will be OK and able to continue tonight. I think they are all trying to do too difficult manoeuvres this year. Its only a matter of time before someone gets really seriously hurt.

This was posted on the BR

http://www.theblueroom.me.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=20833

To me Suzanne comes over as very conceited. However, perhaps I am jealous and I have never warmed to Chris. He doesn't seem to have much personality.

Who are these people who keep voting for Greg just to spite Jason. It is just not fair to the better skaters. Greg should have gone long ago but I fear he will be in the final.

I've just seen this posted on the ITV site. Its all happening this week. Apparently Greg has cut his face as well with his broom :shocked:

Suzanne fractures her ankle

Published: Saturday, 1 March 2008, 2:23PM

Suzanne Shaw's future on the show hangs in the balance after suffering a fracture to her left ankle.

Landing awkwardly during rehearsals this morning (Saturday), Suzanne triggered an injury on her left ankle that was originally sustained a few weeks ago, when she was trampolining as practice for her unassisted jump.

Click on the picture above to watch our exclusive footage of Suzanne trampolining.

Collapsing in pain, a visibly upset Suzanne was carried from the ice by the medics who rushed onto the rink.

Suzanne was then taken to Barnet General Hospital, where an X-ray confirmed that she has sufferd an avulsion fracture (chipped bone) in her ankle.

The star is now back at Elstree studios, where Dancing On Ice physiotherapist Sharron Morrison will give her intensive therapy on the injury throughout the afternoon.

We can reveal that Suzanne will definately not be able to go back onto the rink today, and at the moment it is 50/50 as to whether she will skate tomorrow night!

An ITV spokesperson said: "We have a responsibility to ensure that all the celebrities are fit to perform and Suzanne will only take to the ice if the physio gives her the go-ahead before the show."

Its been a difficult week for Suzanne and partner Matt Evers. Just yesterday, Matt suffered a cut just below his right eye when Suzanne's skate blade hit him in the face.

The pair had been practicing Suzanne doing a handstand onto a chair as part of their props week routine. The cut was treated and glued together at the rink.

Poor Susanne, first her partner, now her. I do hope she will be ok, it be a shame if she could not take part. She was great last week.

But again it really shows just how dangerous this all is, and how easy it could happen to anyone. (No pun indented :laugh: )

Sorry to hear about Suzanne. Hope she will be ok to skate.

• 2 weeks later...

Great result IMO. I was going to vote for her, but got distracted knowing Gareth would be on soon. :blush:

I have mixed feelings, because I think if Gareth had stayed in, it could have been him and Chris doing Bolero, because a lot of the floating voters probably don't vote until the very end. Obviously, I'd have loved to have seen Gareth doing that, but I can't deny that Suzanne deserved to win the trophy most.

I think you're right Snowdrop, Gareth probably would have got through to the final two, but much as I love him, I really don't think it would have been right if he had at the expense of Suzanne, which is probably what it would have been.

She was absolutely brilliant tonight and if she'd missed out on the final it would have been a total injustice.

What won it for her I think, was the cancelling out of the votes from the first part and only counting those for the Bolero. She was so graceful anyone not supporting Chris would have surely voted for her after watching that. I'm so glad she won.

That's what I was thinking Val. There wasn't much time for voting, so not much opportunity for repeat voters either. I'm sure she got a lot of the floating votes, including most of the ones from Zaraah's fans, and a fair few of Gareth's fans too.

I also wonder if she got votes from people who resented Chris's experience? Not that she didn't deserve the votes on merit, but there is a difference between people thinking you deserve to win and people actually bothering to pick up the phone to vote, and it often takes something a little bit extra like that.

Suzanne deserved to win.

I think Samatha Mamba might have gone back to USA, where I believe she lives?

Oh I forgot about her. I never missed her.

Suzanne was definitely the best on the night. She thoroughly deserved to win the competition.

I'm afraid Chris's grace let him down tonight. I was interested to see his bolero, but was quite surprised that there was still an element of 'this is what I can do'in it

I didn't vote but am sure people voted for the best on the night.

Still wasn't convinced of Zaraah's skating skills but thought she did justice to the 'wire'performance.

Although I would have loved to see Gareth do Bolero (and am still hoping to see it) I am not sure I would have wanted to see him hanging from a wire.

Guest NicolaJayne

I thought the wire thing was more suited to the girls and not much about skating more about being gracefull, which comes natural to a dancer. I thought Suzanne was a worthy winner.

Pleased Chris didn't win as I couldn't take to him, and he was clumsy on the wire

Still think Gareth should have been in the final but not sure the wire would have suited him, though he would have made a much better job of it than Chris IMO

If Gareth had been in the final, it could well have been him and Chris in the last two, as he had more public support than Suzanne. He would have been more graceful than Chris, I'm sure.

Suzanne was a very worthy winner, there is no doubt that she was the best skater on the night that counted, forget the other nights. She peaked at the right time. The bookies must have lost a lot of money.

This is digressing a little from the subject of Dancing on Ice but I thought it a very interesting article from today's Daily Mirror re Suzanne Shaw, Mylene Klass and Kim Ryder (all ex Hearsay):

I've had it up to here with reality TV starlets whose fame lasts as long as it takes me to switch the channel.

Their career trajectory usually goes like this: nano appearance on TV, a topless shoot for a lads' mag, a kiss-and-tell with a seconddivision footballer, a "coke shame" scandal and then sweet oblivion. Something for all our daughters to aspire to, then.

So it's blow-me-down amazing when you get not just one, but a group of young women who not only buck that trend, they blossom into genuine female role models.

I don't know what they put in the water back in 2000 when TV show Popstars manufactured the band Hear'Say, but all three of those girls have gone on to become shining stars.

The lives of Suzanne Shaw, Kym Ryder and Myleene Klass may have had more ups and downs than Jordan's cup size, but through sheer hard graft, clear heads and fierce determination, they have ended up with stellar careers.

Suzanne Shaw's comeback is the most spectacular of all. The single mother was bringing up her three-year-old son Corey alone after his father Darren Day dumped her with all the charm and sensitivity of a country squire who's gone and knocked up the parlour maid.

But last week Suzanne hauled herself out of nowhere to win Dancing On Ice. Her final performance was so spectacular it had cynical old hoofer Jason Gardiner weeping.

Week after week, this tiny blonde was battered like a piece of meat on a butcher's block: a chipped ankle, broken ribs, a skate blade stuck in her head and a "death spiral" so violent it made her arm come out of its socket. It was all in a day's work. Yet Suzanne would always emerge from casualty with a beaming stage-school smile.

Suzanne admitted she was so exhausted she thought about giving up, but it was providing for Corey that kept her going: "I just thought of his little face and felt more driven than ever." Now Suzanne has landed a £200,000 contract to model George at Asda lingerie - and with other acting and ad deals, could be on her way to making a million. Kym Marsh has known tough times, too.

A single mother to David, 12, and Emily, 10, Kym has been utterly determined to make a better life for herself and her kids.

Sadly, her turbulent six-year marriage to ex-EastEnder Jack Ryder ended this week. The couple claim there is no one else involved - they simply "grew apart". But I suspect that rather than growing apart, Kym outgrew the 20-year-old boy she married when she was 25.

While Jack has struggled to land parts since leaving Walford six years ago, Kym hasn't stopped building her acting career.

She could have gone the same way as hundreds of other reality TV starlets and milked her moment of fame until it ran out.

But she put everything into acting and is now the hottest star in soaps - her portrayal of barmaid Michelle Connor in Corrie is sheer brilliance. In these dark days of vacant WAGs, kiss-and-tell glamour models and naked gold-diggers (you know who you are, Heather Mills), the success of the Hear'Say girls puts a spring in the step of a crusty old feminist like me. Even Myleene Klass, the wealthiest of the three, has quietly forged an incredible career as a classical musician, the £1million face of M&S and a TV presenter for American network CNN. Suzanne, Kym and Myleene have all climbed the greasy pole of fame without stopping to shovel half of Colombia up their noses. These girls haven't married money, they've made it themselves. They get their kicks from their sparkling careers and the children they are bringing up brilliantly. They are women doing it for themselves. As Suzanne Shaw, the new Queen of the Ice, says: "Finally people might stop looking at me as Darren Day's put-upon victim."

Not that she ever needed to worry. And that would be Darren Who?

It's interesting how the words 'hard graft' and 'sheer determination' appear in this article. I think it just demonstrates how journalists who have dismissed certain people previously, can write such positive articles if they see these signs of determination etc.