Dancing on Ice website

janeyrose

I can see them now, thanks Janeyrose, needed to download something and tell my PC that its safe, lol

Yes we saw that poor Chris needs an operation and Jayne will dance by herself, looking forward to it, but it will feel funny.

I often go and look on the ITV site, love the videos and the photos and all the news. :D

Great! So glad you're enjoying it all. There are loads more fun things up now - including some lovely pics of Gareth :)

As you guys know i work with ITV.com (and have welcomed me in!) but i had a quick question...

There is so much great stuff on the itv DOI website at the moment and i wondered how you were getting on with it - is there enough stuff, does it all run smoothly, is there anything you'd like more of? Any ideas will be much appreciated Smiley

JaneyRose, it would be great to see more backstage clips with the Celebrities and also with the Judges giving their views on the performances. I watched the one with Nicky and Jason earlier and it was very interesting. Perhaps you could do more along those lines.

Also now you're asking opinions, I'd just like to say how much I miss the `Defrosted' show this year. It would have been really nice to be able to watch a show either every evening or at least some evenings, where we could see all the behind-the-scenes stuff and get to see the personalities of the Celebs and their partners :smile:

I think I speak on behalf of a lot of people who say they've had a lot of problems with the website. Clips can be hard to find, or they move after someone has given a link to them. Worse than that, it can be quite a battle to get them to play. A lot of people can't get them to work at all, even having downloaded the add-on, and it's really annoying that they only play in MS Explorer. I tend to find videos play better in Mozilla, and now forced to use IE for the ITV site, clips can stick. Sometimes they won't play because it thinks I'm not in the UK.

But when they do play, it's great. I have to agree with Val though, more detailed behind the scenes bits would be much appreciated, but the best website in the world can't make up for no Defrosted this year. I always enjoyed it, and when I first heard Gareth was going to be on, I was so looking forward to all those fun bits. So I miss that, but I also feel the show suffers from us not getting to know the other contestants, and their partners. I don't watch Coronation St, so I'd never heard of Zaraah, and while I know all the others, I don't know much about them, and getting to know them would give the show more depth.

^^^ What she said. LOL

I can't play the clips AT ALL until they get moved off the front page and then I don't need the thing we're meant to dowload - which I can't download despite following the instructions. I'm in no way technophobic either and manage most stuff around the net, so I'm pretty confident it's not me.

I'd also echo the disappointment in the absence of Defrosted - I love those back up programmes. It Takes Two for Strictly Come Dancing does an amazing job - we really get to know the celebs AND the professionals and get loads of technical knowledge thrown into the pot which only adds to the enjoyment of the main show - big mistake to drop it imo. It can't be the most expensive programming in the world, after all.

Having said all that - the clips I CAN see, I love - so thank you very much! :thumbsup:

Hey guys, thanks so much for all your feedback - it is great to hear your opinions :)

I'll pass on your comments about Defrosted as unfortunately i don't work in that bit...but it's great to hear about the site and the tech issues etc so thanks for taking the time to share.

You might like to know that there is a funny clip up of Gareth called 'What does an emu look like?' :D To get the vid to work check you have the right media player (i needed to upgrade mine!)

Thanks again x

Thanks for the heads up, but unfortunately it's this bit that so many of us can't get to work :ermm: :sad:

Aw so sorry to hear that :( I'll see if we have any more ideas that could help and will let you know asap...

For those that can view vids have you seen the new gareth vid showing a tour of his dressing room?! It's in DOI Top Clips :D

Aw it is a shame Gareth didn't win but I hope you enjoyed watching anyway.

But now that it is all over it is time for me to go...thanks to all those of you who chatted to me and made me feel welcome!

In the meantime over Easter keep checking back to the DOI site - there is all the video and pics any fan could want, including Holly's complete dress gallery and the crash, bang, wallop moments of the show. Not to mention lovely Gareth pics and vids :D

It's all at ITV from Good Friday through till Easter Tuesday.

Happy Easter :D