Report from the Friday night dress rehearsal

Maggiemags

... but you KNEW he would be! :wink2: :D

A friend of mine has been lucky enough to get to see this evenings dress rehearsal / technical run-through for Sunday's show. Her text reads as follows:

Just done main show.

Gaz on last.

V. good.

New judge [that would be Ruthie Henshall - M] loves him.

No falls.

Skated to U2.

That's it, I'm afraid, but fantastic to know that a) he was ace and B) that he was on last. That makes him the star :wink2: But we knew that too :D :hyper: :thumbsup:

thanks for the little report

little more info from a peep that text me

g was very good he wearing white trousers and waistcoat green shirt his partner had the best dress on

Suzanne is there and g come over to kiss her and she wearing a big sparkler lol :heart:

Guest GarethsHotChick

Thank You Maggie and your friend for giving us a report of the dress rehearsal for DOI, I am SO glad Gareth done well and I knew he would anyway. But to hear it went well even though he was so nervous is the BEST news and makes me really proud of him. :heart:

They saved the best til last too which is GREAT, Thank You Pongo for telling what Gareth was wearing and about him giving Suzanne a kiss. :smile:

Apparently he's chatting away to everyone and gave the judge who always cries, a kiss :heart: (way to win points, Gaz :wink: ). New judge says he's extremely likeable. :D I've always liked her :wink: :D

They have to rehearse an end to the show too so that everyone knows what happens . . . Gaz got through! Hurrah!!! :hyper:

Not sure what you mean Maggie `Gaz got through'. Does that mean they had a vote even for the rehearsal show :unsure:

Yes - although not a real one. I remember them talking about it on PI1. They still have to practise the camera runs and people need to know what to do if it happens to them ...

... but you KNEW he would be! :wink2: :D

A friend of mine has been lucky enough to get to see this evenings dress rehearsal / technical run-through for Sunday's show. Her text reads as follows:

That's it, I'm afraid, but fantastic to know that a) he was ace and B) that he was on last. That makes him the star :wink2: But we knew that too :D :hyper: :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Thanks for that it sounds great can't wait till Sunday Gillxx

I was there!!! :hyper:

Gareth was very good. In the VT they had about him being hard on himself and stopping whenever he'd made a mistake and he couldn't do that on the night and he'd need to keep going. I thought, yes, but if they knew anything about Gareth, they'd know that he is absolutely professional when it comes to that kind of thing. Remember UM when the music started early? *sighs*

When they were in the line-up waiting to find out who was in the pretend skate-off, Gareth was chatting to Dan, the professional who is with Linda this year. They were 11th, with Gareth 12th, so he was at the end.

When he was sitting over with the other skaters on their little stool bits, he was gossiping away to whoever was nearby. Quite a bit of time chatting to the professional who is with Samantha Mumba.

Everyone got 15 from the judges, a combination of 5 points, 4 points, 3 points, 2 points and 1 point in a different order each time. So they were all joint first by the end. Unfortunately, they did the order for joint according to when they skated, so that meant Gareth was bottom of the pretend leader-board. But on the flip side, they seemed to be pretending it was the first two couples (Greg and Suzanne) who were in the skate off. Suzanne was excellent with one judge describing her as the strongest female skater so far. Greg was a bit weak if I'm honest. He couldn't keep his arms in time for the moves. However, Suzanne did have a tumble in the skate-off, which I didn't see because she was close to the judges desk and it got in the way. :pinch: But she got straight back up and into the routine. She supposedly got kicked out because of it, but it was just pretend, and I'm sure in real life she'd have been kept, because she was still much better.

It was hard to compare the routines, but I honestly do think Gareth was on of the better ones. I'm sure the producers agree, or they wouldn't have put him on last, although the main reason will be they think he's someone people are waiting to see. :heart:

If I remember correctly, the running order was (and songs if I remember)

Greg (I got you, babe)

Suzanne (Hips don't lie)

Aggie (Build me up Buttercup)

not so sure, but maybe Steve, Natalie (About you know), Tim Vincent, Sarah Greene (Downtown), Chris (Justin from Hollyoaks) (Bet you look good on the dance floor), Samantha Mumba,

then I'm quite sure it was:

Michael Underwood (Walking on Sunshine)

Linda Lusardi

Gareth :wub: (Beautiful Day)

As well as being hard on himself, Gareth's VT showed a lot of him grinning and having a laugh. Chris said that he was young and enthusiastic and possibly loving it - can't quite remember, but that it was a good combination. In the chat with Phillip, they talked about him enjoying it, and being new at skating, and whether or not he'd been too hard on himself and thought he'd done well enough. Chris said Gareth wasn't always happy with what they were wanting him to do, and he'd had some words to say - he confessed to calling Jayne a "Cheeky Cow", which shocked Phillip. :shocked: And Holly! :shocked: :shocked:

But then the new woman judge did say very nice things about him and how she'd love to dance with him and how he's very likeable. This new judge is quite possibly my favourite!

I can't remember exactly when, but possibly when Gareth was in the line-up, pretending to be worried about the vote, he had a bit of wave and a chat with Jason. He's the judge that was on This Morning when Gareth said he liked the gold high heels! :laugh:

The outfit was a bit John Travolta, but younger and better looking. Very, very white trousers and waistcoat with silvery green detail on the sleeves. I'm not very good at describing clothes, so could be making a hash of this. Maria had a pale green dress to co-ordinate with Gareth, but it was missing some material from the tummy area. :whistle:

Chris/Justin from Hollyoaks was probably the most obviously good skater. Very sure of himself on the ice and a very ambitious routine, but it did look quite scrappy from where I was sitting, and Jason said while he was the one to watch, he is still skating like a hockey player. Michael Underwood was very good too, then I'd say Steve Backley, who lacked pace, but had good lines. His daughter was in the audience with a "Go Daddy" banner.

Of the girls, Suzanne, Samantha, Sarah and Linda were very good. Linda particularly impressive as she was out with an injury for ages. I like her, because when Gareth went to sit down, she rubbed his arm to get his attention and say well done! :thumbsup:

That's about it for now. A good few cheesey lines to introduce the different people and get their votes. "If you would like to see Greg through to the next round ..."

It all sounds really exciting and so pleased Gareth is on last, they allways save the best till last.

Can't wait till Sunday now :biggrin:

How wonderful to hear all that. I'm not surprised the new lady judge loves him! Ace that he gave Suzanne a kiss, bless him! Who was voted off?