Val4Gareth

First Magazine - Photoshoot

21 posts in this topic

Hope you can read this as its on a black background

SWScan0000700011.jpg

SWScan0000700012.jpg

SWScan0000700013.jpg

Here's what it says

`There is one line that `Dancing On Ice' heart-throb Gareth Gates had no trouble delivering - asking his girlfriend Suzanne Mole to marry him on New Year's Eve.

The singer, whose baby face and stammer won the hearts of the nation during the first series of Pop Idol, was thrilled when Suzanne said yes - eventually.

She was really emotional and crying and she didn't actually say yes at first,' he laughs, as he recalls popping the question at a friend's party as Big Ben marked the dawning of 2008.

`I asked her in front of some of our friends and someone said, `Well, is it a yes?' And she said `Yes, yes!'

He then presented her with a diamond and platinum ring. `She loves it,; he says proudly.

`We want to start a family as soon as we're married.' Gareth confesses for the first time.

Gareth, 23, is determined that 2008 will be his year. Not only does he have a wedding to look forward to, he's back in the limelight cutting up the competition on Dancing On Ice.

Gareth has had a rollercoaster ride since being voted runner-up on Pop Idol in 2002, at just 17. He had an impressive four consecutive number one singles, including a cover of the Righteous Brothers classic `Unchained Melody'.

But after a spectacular year his star began to fall. The clean-cut teenager began a very public decline. He was frequently photographed falling out of nightclubs. Then there was his toe-curling affair with busty model Jordan, who was then six months pregnant with son Harvey, by Dwight Yorke. Gareth got into further hot watch when he denied the romance, prompting a piqued Jordan to blurt out that she had taken his virginity.

He says: `I'm embarrassed about pretending it didn't happen. I don't regret it and I don't blame her for bitching about me. She's a great girl. I was 18, doing what all boys that age do.'

His humiliation was complete in April 2006 when his record label, BMG, decided not to renew his contract and his future appeared to be in the `Where are they now?' columns.

But Bradford born Gareth refuses to be down about it. `I don't feel like I have been a victim of reality TV.' he insists.

I had a fantastic time doing something I love. The pros definitely outweigh the cons.'

Throughout the bad times, there was always one stable factor, his dancer girlfriend Suzanne, whom he met at the Record Of The Year ceremony (which he won in 2002). The pair have been rock solid ever since - despite the fact that she is nine years his senior & have lived together in London for five years.

`Age has never been an issue for us,' he explains. `I feel lucky to have found the right woman for me. I don't feel too young to marry. I think after five years, we know we want to spend the rest of our lives together.

`Suzanne is a very loving woman. when we first started going out, my stammer was really bad. And that affects a relationship when you need someone to make phone-calls for you, or order for you in restaurants. It is a big deal.'

These days, he manages to keep his stammer at bay using the McGuire technique, which focuses on breathing. He is so grateful to the technique that he has trained as an instructor.

He is also throwing himself into skating with his ice dance partner Maria Fillipov, and they have managed to be in the top three on the leader board each week. `Maria and I get on so well,' he laughs. `I was worried that I was going to get a 19 stone Russian ice dancer so I was very pleased when I saw Maria - she's tiny, which helps when I have to lift her up.

`When I met Maria, I vowed not to drop her. `There was one lift where I could feel myself falling so I just made sure she landed on me.'

He adds, `The bit I find hardest is the dancing element - which someone like Suzanne is a real natural at.'

But Gareth's main bugbear on the show is the other contestants dubbing him an `Oompa Loompa' from `Charlie And The Chocolate Factory', because he looks orange from too many fake tans.

`It's so unfair because I haven't even had a fake tan done and they all have,' he insists, with a grin, `Bloody cheek.'

Article added to top post now. Not surprised no-one could read it. I could hardly read it from the Magazine :shocked:

Lovley article, and cheeky, that's Gareth. He is so happy and looking forward to married life with kids, hope it will all go well for them both. :D

Thank you very much for writing up that article and for posting the three pics. :smile:

Thank you a lot for posting the pics and typing up the long articel :wub:

Great he is back in the public eyes and again in so much mags now :hyper:

Thank You for posting the pictures of Gareth from First magazine and the article Val, I really enjoyed reading it. Gareth sounds REALLY happy about planning his and Suzanne's wedding, If anyone deserves all the happiness in the world then it's them because they are the perfect couple and obviously think highly of each other and feel strongly about what they want to do in the future. :smile:

The pictures are GORGEOUS, Gareth's white jacket reminds me of his video for Unchained Melody and when he was on popidol. :wub:

That was lovely to read.

Thanks Val for typing it all out.

What a wonderful year he has ahead of him.

Lovely photos, and thanks for typing up the text. I'll be sure to have a look for that the next time I'm at the shops.

gareth is amazing, and suzanne seems to be such a nice girl.

i wish happiness to them both. :heart:

gareth is amazing, and suzanne seems to be such a nice girl.

i wish happiness to them both. :heart:

ahahahahah :hyper: this is the beautiful Suzanne SHAW :laugh:

ahahahaha your funny :hyper: :laugh: I know that! yeah the woman in the pic is beautiful

Yes Suzanne Shaw is a very pretty girl.

Almost as beautiful as Gareth's fiance Suzanne Mole. The two of them make a very beautiful couple :heart:

Bedrich

Suzanne Mole is also extremely beautiful. Gareth is very lucky as she also seems a very nice girl.