Entertainment Today

Val4Gareth

That was lovely, Gareth looked great and he said he is amazed how far he has come. Again he said that Chris and Susanne are fantastic and something to aspire too.

His speech was a bit ropey, as he calls it, but he was fine.

And he definitely has the cane and the hat. :frantics:

DOI is really taking its toll on his speech I thought. Quite poor this morning which is such a shame. However, I guess it can go back to being brilliant once its all over. :smile:

Not the most interesting of props, but I'm sure they'll do a fine job.

DOI is really taking its toll on his speech I thought. Quite poor this morning which is such a shame. However, I guess it can go back to being brilliant once its all over. :smile:

I felt quite sad for him with his speech. It was pretty bad and makes it so hard for him to be natural. Such a shame and such a disadvantage for him :heart:

Going back to this missed lift. I am not sure if it was Gareth's fault or if it was Maria who chickened out.

No, I don't think that. It looked like Gareth took too long to get hold of Maria properly and she knew they wouldn't have time to complete it and get into the right position for the next move.

No, I don't think that. It looked like Gareth took too long to get hold of Maria properly and she knew they wouldn't have time to complete it and get into the right position for the next move.

I didn't think it was Gareth's fault either. :thumbsup:

I'm really disappointed that Gareth has the hat,just hope he is given a routine thats an improvement on the last 2 years.

I thought the same as I watched the interview this evening and then I thought back to the days when Fern would interview him for This Morning, on her own in a closed studio with minimal crew and Gareth's speech coach in his eyeline and out of shot. To be thrown into the hubbub of a GMTV studio and cope with the normality that everyone else is faced with shows, to me, just how far he HAS come :thumbsup: He's such a star :heart: All things considered, I thought it was a nice clip :) And we have to remember that he 'doesn't do mornings' :unsure: so that won't help. :wink:

I felt quite sad for him with his speech. It was pretty bad and makes it so hard for him to be natural. Such a shame and such a disadvantage for him :heart:

It wasn't that bad you know. He was hesitant, but he didn't stammer.It will make people realise just how hard he has to work each day with his exercises to achieve fluent speech, and it endears him to me even more for his guts in taking on something as time consuming as DOI.