Dancing on Ice, 9th March 2008 - week 9

Snowdrop

i am soooo scared!

i dont know what to say with his performance.

i needed to see the video again for i cant seem to open my eyes and watch it.

nevertheless i am sooo proud of gareth!

Can't think sufficiently straight to actually have any thoughts! :hmm:

Nice to see T&D copying Maria and Gaz there with one of their moves :D:rolleyes: :tongue:

I can't remember seeing that, have to watch closer.

Guest GarethsHotChick

I thought Gareth was ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC tonight, It was a shame the judges gave low scores though. And I didn't like what Jason Gardiner said, It wasn't a semi final performance?. How can he say that, There were no mistakes in there, Gareth performed on his own and did it BRILLIANTLY. :hmm:

Hopefully there will be plenty of votes for Gareth tonight. :)

I've done a few!

Seriously, Gareth was brilliant. Much better than Zaraah IMO, although she was improved. I know I'm probably being paranoid, but I wonder if some of the judges want Chris and Suzanne for the final, final, and they know the only way to ensure that is if Gareth leaves this week. If Zaraah makes it to the final, she'll be third, no doubt about it. It might mean their favourite skaters skate bolero, but it's going to remove any sense of tension.

I've done a few!

Seriously, Gareth was brilliant. Much better than Zaraah IMO, although she was improved. I know I'm probably being paranoid, but I wonder if some of the judges want Chris and Suzanne for the final, final, and they know the only way to ensure that is if Gareth leaves this week. If Zaraah makes it to the final, she'll be third, no doubt about it. It might mean their favourite skaters skate bolero, but it's going to remove any sense of tension.

im gutted how did they peut zarahhh before gareth , im gutted, wont be the same next week if i watch it,

My sentiments entirely, Val :) I think he's been brilliant throughout this series - definitely the smiliest of the lot, and the best-looking by a mile :wink: :D I've not seen Robin stand to shake hands with anyone during their final skate round the ice - just shows how much he's thought of him through the series.

Looking forward to seeing him on telly in the morning and then - bring on the tour!!!!! :hyper: :heart:

That may be Gareth's favourite song but I don't think it suited him or the performance.

I think the judges were fair in that the other performances were better tonight.

However, Gareth has done very well to reach the semi-final and we should all be proud of him.

At least I will save some money next week as I won't be voting.

Gareth's been wonderful all the way throu, and I've really enjoyed the pleasure of watching him improve each week.

Very sad to see him go, but he has the tour to look forward to now.

I'm gutted to see him go, but for me Gareth is always a star! I really think if he'd made it through tonight, he could have danced the Bolero beautifully, and he would have looked good on the wire. However, it wasn't to be. In my eyes, he is a wineer because he made such progress, and it's another string to add to his very talented bow. Well done Gaz! xxxxx :heart:

Gareth is a winner in the true sense of the word. At risk of sounding cliched, he's had the biggest journey. He had the least relevant previous experience of the final 4, but got better and better as a result of hard-work, determination and skill. He wanted to be in the final, but he won't let that stop him from reflecting on all of the fun he has had over the last couple of months.

I'm still sad. :cry: :hug:

Gutted for Gareth, he has been fantastic all the way through and is the one who has had the best journey, his improvement each week has been fantastic and is what the show is all about in my opinion. I still feel he deserved a place in the final ahead of Zarrah but it was all about tonight and sadly the judges unfair scores put him bottom and it was always going to be a stuggle from there.

The way he spoke at the end and how he shook all the judges hands was so lovely to see. He has worked hard throughout and should be very proud of what he has achieved. Still sad he won't be there next week but very proud to see how far he has come.

Well done Gareth and Maria

Guest GarethsHotChick

I was absolutely devestated tonight seeing Gareth leave the competition, I can't understand why the judges marked him low. Especially considering he gave a FANTASTIC performance compared to the likes of Zaraah, He has done us all proud and it has been a joy, pleasure and honour voting for him every week. I've :heart: watching him and Maria every week and seeing how much fun they have together. :wub:

Gareth has been the most entertaining and had us in stitches, His personality shone throughout the competition. He worked extremely hard and at least he can say he got to the semi final, And also learned a new skill too. I'm sure skating isn't easy to learn and even professionals can make mistakes, His family should be proud too. I can imagine them all tonight giving him praise. He's a star and I can't wait to see what will happen for him next. :thumbsup:

Hopefully we have music events to look forward to, I've missed not hearing him sing even though he's been skating. :smile: