Dancing on Ice, 9th March 2008 - week 9

Snowdrop

He will probably be on GMTV tomorrow morning, I wonder if he will still be at the Titmarch show?

I don't see why not. Alan will just have to think of some different questions to ask! :tongue:

Gareth will have plenty to talk about, and there's still the tour to look forward to. Often on Alan Titchmarsh, the professional skater goes on with the celeb, so hopefully Maria will be on too, which will be nice.

I am so proud of Gareth and what he has achieved in this show.

Skating first was what I was dreading and then being put in fourth position by the judges was totally unfair. Zaraah's mark was far too high - her performance was decidedly shaky in places - and Gareth was undermarked. If he had been in third place I think that he would have avoided the skate-off altogether and that it would have been between Suzanne and Zaraah with Suzanne going through.

I agree with Snowdrop that the judges didn't want Gareth in the final - I thought that at least Karen and Nicky would save him. With his public support and the final being decided by the public vote alone, I am sure that he and Chris would have been the final two. I think that Gareth would have performed Bolero better than Chris, although I still think Chris would have won, as he has the most public support (various polls have suggested this) - but perhaps Gareth had a slight chance. Now, of course, Bolero will be performed by a boy and a girl and, although Suzanne will be much better, Chris will win as I don't think that Suzanne is gaining anywhere near as many votes as Chris (or Gareth). I really think that the result is obvious now and that Gareth being there would have made it a competition.

Anyway, sorry for going on a bit - I really needed to get that off my chest. I'm sure that the public vote will be down next week - I, for one, won't be voting as I don't think that Suzanne has any chance of winning and I wouldn't vote for either of the others.

I have loved watching Gareth's journey over the last few weeks. Don't forget that he will be on This Morning tomorrow and probably GMTV and also on DOI next week as all the skaters return for the final show.

Linda

I was gutted last night that Gareth was out.

For me he truly "danced on ice" and I loved watching him and Maria.

But he was very gracious in defeat and I was proud of him.

Hopefully the GBP will have seen what we all saw during Pop Idol - that he is a sweetheart!

Im sure he will have a great time on the ice dancing tour and hopefully the next album will soon be on its way.

Well done Gareth - you should feel proud! :heart:

Love Jill xx

I was gutted last night that Gareth was out.

For me he truly "danced on ice" and I loved watching him and Maria.

But he was very gracious in defeat and I was proud of him.

Hopefully the GBP will have seen what we all saw during Pop Idol - that he is a sweetheart!

Im sure he will have a great time on the ice dancing tour and hopefully the next album will soon be on its way.

Well done Gareth - you should feel proud! :heart:

Love Jill xx

Totally agree with you Jill, Gareth will have a week off to relax, and then as he said after next week they already start training for the tour. :thumbsup:

Was gutted last night that Gareth didnt get through to the finals he so deserved to.Gareth came on that show as a novis and has improved every week he so deserved to be in the finale.But to me Gareth is the winer and i am so proud of him and he should be very proud of him self.Your a true star Gareth.

Gutted but proud.

Gareth has done himself and us all proud.

Yes I feel the same, I was totaly p---ed off last night, but in the cold light of day, as Gareth said, he did his best, & that's all he could do.

On reflexion, maybe he would have been better off, skating to something that was slower, showing the grace, elegance & movement we know he can produce over the ice.

Chris seems to get away with that rocky heaviness, maybe because obviously his style of skating, still smacks back to the hockey player, with quick feet, & Gareth's build is totally different, I know I prefer the latter.

All I feel now is, let the rest of them fight it out.

Gareth, can relax with Maria, & get to work, & polish their routine for the tour.

I'm so looking forward to that, roll on April 29th. :w00t:

Luv Sandy.x

I don't understand why there is all this wringing of hands. Nobody died.

Gareth didn't reach the final but hey, he reached the semi final and we can all be proud of him and he can by very proud of himself. Jason said the same on This Morning, he congratulated Gareth and said he should be proud of himself as he has had no previous ice skating.

Gareth has done extremely well, he has had very good remarks from the judges and he hasn't made a fool of himself. WELL DONE GARETH YOU HAVE DONE US AND YOURSELF PROUD.

Zaarah will be the first to go next week as she has no public support. In the poll done this marning Zaraah had 18%. Suzanne 36%, and Chris had over 4o%.

I expect Gareth received far more votes than Zaarah last night but he didn't have the support of the judges.

I think Gareth should have skated to a slower song and should have worn something more colourful.

Gareth can now relax as he worked so hard these past few weeks, have some fun and then enjoy the tour.

There is no need to be sad about anything.

I don't understand why there is all this wringing of hands. Nobody died.

Gareth didn't reach the final but hey, he reached the semi final and we can all be proud of him and he can by very proud of himself. Jason said the same on This Morning, he congratulated Gareth and said he should be proud of himself as he has had no previous ice skating.

Gareth has done extremely well, he has had very good remarks from the judges and he hasn't made a fool of himself. WELL DONE GARETH YOU HAVE DONE US AND YOURSELF PROUD.

Zaarah will be the first to go next week as she has no public support. In the poll done this marning Zaraah had 18%. Suzanne 36%, and Chris had over 4o%.

I expect Gareth received far more votes than Zaarah last night but he didn't have the support of the judges.

I think Gareth should have skated to a slower song and should have worn something more colourful.

Gareth can now relax as he worked so hard these past few weeks, have some fun and then enjoy the tour.

There is no need to be sad about anything.

I agree :smile:

I wish I could agree with that, but like they said on Radio2, it feels like Gareth was robbed, and I hate injustice! Naturally I am proud of him, who wouldn't be? He is a star in every way, and a very gracious loser!

Gareth said this morning when they kept on about it to let it go, and so should we. He is happy, he done brilliantly, he will be on the tour. We should enjoy seeing him next Sunday (for whatever they will do) and look forward to the future.

Gareth wishes all the finalists well and so should we.

Just my opinion. :smile:

I am so proud of Gareth and what he has achieved in this show.

Skating first was what I was dreading and then being put in fourth position by the judges was totally unfair. Zaraah's mark was far too high - her performance was decidedly shaky in places - and Gareth was undermarked. If he had been in third place I think that he would have avoided the skate-off altogether and that it would have been between Suzanne and Zaraah with Suzanne going through.

I agree with Snowdrop that the judges didn't want Gareth in the final - I thought that at least Karen and Nicky would save him. With his public support and the final being decided by the public vote alone, I am sure that he and Chris would have been the final two. I think that Gareth would have performed Bolero better than Chris, although I still think Chris would have won, as he has the most public support (various polls have suggested this) - but perhaps Gareth had a slight chance. Now, of course, Bolero will be performed by a boy and a girl and, although Suzanne will be much better, Chris will win as I don't think that Suzanne is gaining anywhere near as many votes as Chris (or Gareth). I really think that the result is obvious now and that Gareth being there would have made it a competition.

Anyway, sorry for going on a bit - I really needed to get that off my chest. I'm sure that the public vote will be down next week - I, for one, won't be voting as I don't think that Suzanne has any chance of winning and I wouldn't vote for either of the others.

I have loved watching Gareth's journey over the last few weeks. Don't forget that he will be on This Morning tomorrow and probably GMTV and also on DOI next week as all the skaters return for the final show.

Linda

Agree totally. I am really gutted that it was down to the judges and not the public vote. How do I contact the Broadcasting watchdog. Many thanks

To be honest, I can't see the judges fixing it. Even if they all hope for a Suzanne and Chris final, I can't see them going as far as fixing it. Being fair, Zaraah did skate very well last night. I still don't think her solo skating was a patch on Gareth's, but she can twirl in the air with the best of them, and it's not easy either. A lot of it is in the luck of the routines and the required element. If it had been jumps again, there's no chance Zaraah would have made it, but as it was, this was her best performance.

I still reserve the right to sulk a bit, and feel sorry for myself that I'm not going to see him on wires next week etc, but in the grand scheme of things, it's all OK. Gareth seemed happy enough during his interviews this morning, so we needn't worry about that.

Congratulations to Gareth. He did very, very well, and as well as learning to skate, he had a lot of fun, and let a lot more people see the wonderful person we already knew about. :wub:

You're right Snowdrop. I think we were all a bit upset and probably a bit angry last night, but in the cold light of day, what you've said in your post sums it up. It has been a fantastic journey and experience for Gareth and he's made a lot of new fans as a result of it. That can only be for the good.

And if we're honest about it althogh Gareth was better overall, Zaraah probably was very slightly better than Gareth on last nights performance unfortunately and that's what the judges had to decide on.

It is a pity. I would have loved him to have the opportunity to skate to Bolero moreso than the flying bit, but it wasn't to be.