Blue Room

Val4Gareth

I've just read it. Says Chris won tonight.Does anyone know where Gareth came?

They only announce the first and second with the voting I think. Seems Gareth did well and skated to two numbers. Here's one post on BR which gives a bit of insight into the evening

the show last night was fab! Dan and linda did do son of a preacher man but in the week one costumes as preacher man costumes were used in a group routine. they also skated to that " i love to love oh my baby just loves to dance" song. Everybody was absolutely fantastic a couple of people had a fall but nobody seems to have hurt themselves.David seaman fell and bonnie had a fall and few stumbles the standard was very high though. Its a pity some of the contestants are just SO much better than some of the others. Chris,kyran, and claire especially stood out ( suzane wasnt skateing) chris and jane fantastic obviously! There is an aerial routine in the show, however dan doesnt do it! Chris and jane do! Dan,matt,frankie and christina do a routine together though so thats fab.Andrei and is wife skate to rule the world by take that, Chris fountain did his "cry me a river" routine gareth gates did the beach boys one and "living on a prayer" erm am struggling to remember the songs the others skated too as was just so transfixed by it all. The costumes live are magnificent and the speed across the ice so much faster than it looks on tv.There were a couple of group numbers like the 60's one ,and the end one oh and they shake hands with people at the end again.

Fred and Mel were exceptional again skateing to the candyman song. A warning for people who smoke they didnt let you out in the break last night at all. Sorry i cant remember more but i will try to remember more from tonights show

ps i know obviously your not supposed too take photos with camaras and phones but people were

Its great to hear that it was a good show, pleased about the 2 performances Gareth & Maria are doing, nice up beat ones. I am sure he will improve them over the weeks too. But I think we cant expect them to win, not with so many stronger skaters taking part like Bonney, Kieran, Clare and Chris and Susanne..

I think its just great he is on the tour, and he is loving it, having a brilliant time and lots of fun with all the contestants. :D

I don't know for definite, but I thought they just announced who was first and second, and everyone else doesn't get a placing. I could be wrong. Unless you mean the placing with the judges scores, rather than the voting.
Yes, I just wonder how he fared with the judges votes. I would like to see him win once, it would be great, and I do think it's possible. He may not be technichally the best skater, but as we all know, Gareth has winning ways ie, charm, charisma, and we will certainly be plugging for him at Wembley!Sorry, mistyped, I meant judges scores.

Suzanne and Claire danced to Bolero this afternoon and Suzanne won. Chris didn't skate as he did something to his neck this morning. He hopes to skate tonight.

Found this on the BR. Nothing posted about Gareth, but I have asked if anyone has any info.

Its great to hear that it was a good show, pleased about the 2 performances Gareth & Maria are doing, nice up beat ones. I am sure he will improve them over the weeks too. But I think we cant expect them to win, not with so many stronger skaters taking part like Bonney, Kieran, Clare and Chris and Susanne..

I think its just great he is on the tour, and he is loving it, having a brilliant time and lots of fun with all the contestants. :D

I agree with you Khelda. We have to remember that Gareth only started learning to skate four months ago and had little experience of dancing He is now taking part with experienced skaters and others who are trained dancers. No surpise he cannot match some of them in terms of skating ability but Gareth and Maria bring entertainment and fun to the show and I am sure the crowds enjoy his performances.

Gareth appears to be having a great time on the show and he clearly loves to dance with Maria. I am sure that when they finish their last dance on the final show it will be quite emotional as they have been through so much together and become great friends.

I am sure that when they finish their last dance on the final show it will be quite emotional as they have been through so much together and become great friends.

That is so true, and I think the people going to the last performance might be in for even more a treat, I can imagen they all do something special on the last one. :smile:

Someone in the Blue Room posted the scores from this afternoon, Sunday 6 April:

but todays winner (6 April) at the afternoon show at Sheffield was Chris Fountain and Frankie Poultney. They were against Suzanne Shaw and Matt Evers.

The scores for each couple were as follows:

(Judge Order, Robin, Karen, Jason, Nicky, Guest)

Fred & Zarrah 4.5, 4.5, 4.5, 4.0, 5.0 = 22.5

Kyran & Melanie 5.0, 5.5, 5.0,5.0, 5.5 = 26

Chris & Frankie 6.0, 5.5, 5.5, 5.5, 5.5 = 28

Gareth & Maria 4.5, 4.5, 5.0, 4.5, 4.5 = 23

Bonnie & Pavel 5.5, 5.5, 5.5, 5.0, 6.0 = 27.

Linda & Dan 4.5, 4.0, 4.5, 4.0, 4.5 = 21

David & Kristin 3.5, 4.0, 3.0, 4.0, 4.5 = 19

Suzanne & Matt 5.0, 5.5, 5.5, 5.0, 5.5 = 26.5

Wow, thanks for the pics! Gareth in his Bolero outfit looks absolutely scrumptious! I could drool all night! :heart: