DOI Show Wembley

Khelda

Just to say that I went last night with Val, but unfortunately Gareth was not performing due to personal unforeseen circumstances.

It was a huge shame, for us, and every other person who went mainly to see him.

It was a good show, but something was missing, (Gareth :wub: ).

Just hope that it is not too serous and that Gareth wont miss too many other shows.

But I hope that he and his family are ok. :smile:

Thanks Khelda for posting of your disappointment last night a Wembley . Someone who went last night , posted on digi spy that she was told by Karen , that Gareth's Nan had been taken ill . Jesslovesgareth has posted on the OS how upset she was last night , and was told a family member had been suddenly been taken ill .

So sorry for Gareth and his family , I have no idea how serious it is , but obviously Gareth wants to be with his nan and family , and I'm sure he couldn't concentrate on his skating .

Guest GarethsHotChick

I'm glad you and Val enjoyed last nights show a bit Khelda, It's a shame as you said that Gareth wasn't able to skate with Maria. And I feel sad for him, But it is understandable as everyone has said that he feels he needs to be with his family at this time

I just hope that he and his family are ok, And My thoughts and prayers are with them all right now. They are a really close family and will want to support each other. :)

Thanks for telling us Heather. It was disappointing, but I totally understand that Gareth would want to be with his family in these circumstances. I feel for them all and I hope all the family are OK and that his Nan will be OK too.

Khelda I am so sorry that Gareth wasn't performing last night. How disappointing for you as I know you were looking forward to it so very much. One small consolation is that many, many other people also missed out.

However, these things happen and we have no control over what is thrown at us. I do hope Gareth's nan will soon be well.

So sorry, Khelda. I really feel for you.

Khelda I am so sorry that Gareth wasn't performing last night. How disappointing for you as I know you were looking forward to it so very much. One small consolation is that many, many other people also missed out.

However, these things happen and we have no control over what is thrown at us. I do hope Gareth's nan will soon be well.

So sorry, Khelda. I really feel for you.

Thanks Lilian, just my luck, probably the only time he will be off, lol

Ah well, as you say, these things happen and we cant do anything about it. :smile:

I know someone who phoned Wembley this afternoon , they confirmed that Gareth will be skating tonight :thumbsup:

I just read that from Debbie on OS. That's good news for all those going tonight and hopefully it means Gareth's nan has recovered :smile:

Oh Khelda and Val, it must have been a night of very mixed emotions.

The planning and excitement of looking forward to seeing Gareth performing, the dissapointment of not seeing him and then the sadness of learning of a relative who is ill, must have played havoc with your feelings.

It's good to know that Gareth is appearing again tonight and let's hope all is OK with his family.

Khelda perhaps it wasn't your time to see him at Wembley?? Who knows, perhaps an even more special time is scheduled for the future :unsure: ??

A poster on BR posted this about Gareth from last night: :thumbsup:

i really really liked gareth and maria, lovely couple they are jsut beautiful together, so so wel connected, and a special partnershiop, loved beautiful day, gareth concentrated very hard, he is very tidy neat and graceful ,looks so elegant, robin i think said something about he need to present maria, he said"oh i would never forget maria" and hugged her, they seemed genuinely friends and so good as a pair, loved them, they mentioned all gareths banners, for gareth skates and someone shouted i love you gareth and he shouted back i love you too ,lol

Lovely bits about Gareth over on the BR by Vicki from last nights show

i really really liked gareth and maria, lovely couple they are jsut beautiful together, so so wel connected, and a special partnershiop, loved beautiful day, gareth concentrated very hard, he is very tidy neat and graceful ,looks so elegant, robin i think said something about he need to present maria, he said"oh i would never forget maria" and hugged her, they seemed genuinely friends and so good as a pair, loved them, they mentioned all gareths banners, for gareth skates and someone shouted i love you gareth and he shouted back i love you too ,lol

gareths i get around number was very fun,cheerful sand relaxed, they had a goo time and enjoyed it, did the surf and glide thing right by us

This bit just sums it all up and I agree with her totally. It really is a fantastic show. Even having watched it three times, I could still do it again.

WELL DONE to them all, we have such respect and admiration for them all, they work so hard to give you a good show, they put everything itno it, anf then some, cant describe how god it was, there are no words lol

Just found this bit in another thread from Vicki

good news, gareth and maria skated too, both seemed fine and ok, did all their routines beautifully

edit, just read about gareths gran hope she is well and recovering, he and maria are soo lovely together, big fans and very impressed by them both

:laugh: sorry to say, but that was my lot, cant make any other time, not for the skating. :mellow:

It wasn't the skating I was thinking about, hopefully a music related time. :thumbsup: (with a song dedicated to Khleda, could make up for the dissapointment) :hyper:

robin i think said something about he need to present maria, he said"oh i would never forget maria" and hugged her, they seemed genuinely friends and so good as a pair, loved them,

So do I.

So good to read those reports from the Blue Room as I know a lot of those posters are solely interested in the skating.

Someone has posted the scores and their opinions from this afternoon's performance on DS

Kyran 29 (fab as ever!)

Suzanne (complaining about how hard all her injuries were) 29

Bonnie (Best technical girl) 27.5

Chris 27.5 (put lots of new very difficult steps into his Salsa)

Clare (Best girl skater, but isn't as neat as Bonnie) 25

Gareath (talked lots, and did very well!) 23

Zaraah 23

Linda (... says you just have to get on with it after you break an ankle) 22

David 21

The skate-off was between Keiran and Chris, with Keiran winning by 3 votes to 2.

Guest GarethsHotChick

Thank You for posting those comments up from the Blue Room forum Val, They are really good and positive too. I'm glad Vicki really enjoyed seeing Gareth and Maria skating, Bless Gareth saying he would never forget Maria, He's SO sweet and kind. :wub:

His score and the comments from this afternoons performance are GREAT as always, I'm glad he is doing SO well. :thumbsup:

Hi everyone.

I have done a post on the official site about my weekend at Wembley if anyone wants to read it I wanted to put it on her too, and as it's so long, I tried to copy and paste without success, don't know why? Anyway, it was fab, and I'm very happy. Will definitely haveto go again to another venue!

love Carol xx

The report you put on OS is brilliant Carol. If you'd like me to copy it over here for you just let me know.

Yes please Val when I highlighted it to do so and right clicked it said paste. I suppose it was because i had already put it up? Should have done it before I posted it maybe?

Here's Carol's report from the OS

Sorry that owing to getting home at 3 o'clock on Saturday morning, I have not been able to get on the boards before now. I went again with Elaine yesterda, and am so happy, i just have to share my experience with you all!

On Friday we were delighted when we heard that Gareth was skating, and I have to say that being the true professionl that he is, he put his troubles aside, and gave a remarkable performance. He received 5 from everyone except Jason, the meanie bug gave him 3.5, and had the audacity to say his heart wasn't in it, which I thought was most uncalled for!

He looked beautiful too, especially in his Bolero outfit..

By the way, Amy's banner was tiny, and she only held it up a little. That woman was a really nasty ignorant piece of work, and Amy didn't desreve to be hounded out of her seat like that!!!

Never mind, she got a better seat nearer. I am sorry Amy that I didn't say something to her, but I didn't know until after she stormed off, what was going on. I was also well aware of the fact that my banner was 3 times the size of yours, and Elaine and I stood in the aisle with it. But it brought a smile to Gareth's face, and was up on the TV screen, so was worth the muttered grumbling we heard from behind!!!

Yesterday we had rinkside seats, and were lucky to be just where the skaters come out. When they all lined up at the beginning, we held the banner, didn't have to get up because it could easily be seen. Gareth acknowledged us straight away. We held it pu every time he came out, and by now people around us were also getting caught up int the excitement, especially seeing how he responded. During one dance, he had to do a lot of pointing, and he made a point of pointing to us and grinning, and everyone roared with laughter. It was great!

The icing on the cake was to come at the end. He gave 2 very slick performances, didn't put a foot wrong, and Jason was a little kinder 4 this time. Ther was a huge groan from our area when he was voted out, 4th person out, and he got a lot of applause during his routines.

At the end they all come over and shake hands with the people at the front, and I was waiting with eager anticipation. But to my horror, my hands were so sticky, don't know why, and i tried deperately to clean them with my bottled water. I couldn't let Gareth hold such sticky mitts! it didn't work, and then all of a sudden he disappeared up the other end, and one of the professionals came skating over with his arm outstretched. No-one had responded, so I shook his hand, so he got all the gunge! Suddenly I saw Gareth, and forgive me for tempoarily losing my mind because that is what he does to me. I ran up to him, and he saw me and Elaine ,and put his hands out to us both. I just had time to tell him that he was amazing, and then he held his cheek towards me, and I realised he wanted a kiss. Well, I thought, it's a hard job, but someone's got to do it, so I seized the moment!!! I have to say he has the softest cheek I have ever kissed. Needless to say, Elaine and I went home in a daze of happiness, and i have finally achieved my aim, to actuall speak to gareth at the 4th time of meeeting him, and to kiss him!!!! I'm normally very shy, but I was capivated by his aura. That is my excuse, and I'm sticking to it.!!!! Best night of my life, I am still basking in happiness!!!

If anyone else from the boards went, I'm sorry we never saw you, and we never saw any banners either.

I forgot to add that 2 women next to us, when they saw us with Gareth, thought we were his relations, but we told them he is like that with all his fans, and they were most impressed. Also on the train home on Friday, we had been spotted, and a group of ladies sad they really admired him for mastering his stammer, and for his example to others, and also a lady outside said it too. He is definitely widening his fan base!