DOI at the 02

sandy

Just got back from the 02, it was just amazing. :thumbsup:

My friend who came up from Cornwall, & myself set off early, thinking probably, be theequaters of an hour journey.

My god it actually, took 25mins, we were so lucky, as had a fast train to Stratford, & as we hit the Jubilee line stepped straight on a train, & in a blink we were there.

First time for us both, to visit the 02, must say its quite amazing.

We were so early, we had a wander around, then had something to eat, & a glass of wine to set us up for the evening. :biggrin:

Made our way to our seats, & they were brilliant, front block front row, & near where the skaters came out.

Guest judge for the night was Stephan Booth, & what a nice guy he is.

Well got the camera out, just praying, I could actually work the

thing.

Had the warm up chap, & then Andy Peters, & of course all the spill about no flash, or movie camera's.

Torvill & Dean, kicked the show off.

All the skaters were then announced, & skated out with their partners, Gareth was about 5th to come out.

The first of the skaters was Bonnie & Pavel, they scored 26.5.

Then Gareth, & Maria, which took me by suprise, thinking he would be 5th to skate, panick, then set in to get the camera going.

God, he looked drop dead gorgeous, :drool: in the mint & white outfit, & what a job to keep the hand from shaking.

It seemed to go so fast, they danced to Green Day, & it looked really good to me, but was trying to get pics.

They scored 22.5 which I thought was really mean.

He got 4.5 from Nicky, Robin, & Karen, 5 from Stephan, & suprise, suprise, 4 from Jason, would have liked to have thrown my camera at him, but I needed it.

The reason they gave, for giving the lower marks, was that the 02 was a bigger arena than they were use to, & they did'nt think, that Gareth used the arena enough, & therefore was'nt as good, as he would normally have been.

Well I had trouble trying to keep him in focus, but there you are.

Linda was next, & she is lovely, but still a little wobbly on the skates, they scored 21.5.

Clare & Andrei were next, & they were really good, scored,28.

Then David Seaman, he scored 21.5.

Kyran was next, & I think all of his fans were at the 02, he scored 29.5.

Last to skate was Suzanne, started well, but Matt nearly dropped her in a lift, & I think they missed a lift, but still managed 26

Zarrah did'nt skate, as apparently had a fall in training, & just needed a rest tonight, & Chris was'nt there.

All the skaters did the 60's routine, Gareth looked really solid with Maria, but unfortunately, they were right over the other side, had his stripey trousers on.

Susie, & Andrei Lipanov, Fred, & Mel, did routines which were just fantastic, & then 4 more pro's danced, a routine.

Then we had all the skater's skate their second routines.

Gareth, & Maria were in their red outfits, skated to the Beach Boys, it was great, Gareth has so much charisma, & has a wonderfull partnership, on the ice with Maria, it was great. :w00t:

When it came to the Bolero, Gareth was the first to go out,

& he looked so yummie, in the Bolero outfit, :heart: what can I say, I think its so unfair, that they all, don't have a shot at it.

It was Kyran, & Clare, that danced the Bolero, Kyran won it, but I prefered Clare.

The biggest dissapoitment was, when it had all finished the skater's did'nt hang about, not sure why, so did'nt get the chance to congratulate Gareth, & actually meet him. :sad:

Oh well, one day maybe, but just nice seeing him in the flesh, so to speek

Will try & sort the pics out, but a lot are blury, & as soon as poss will attempt to get them on the boards, but may call for some help with that one.

Anyway, my mind is now grinding to a halt, it's 2am, sorry about the spelling, & punctuations, but feel to tired.

As you can see did this report last night, & posted on official site, sorry I was so long pasting it over here.

My friend went back to Cornwall this afternoon, & then I forgot my password.

Luv Sandy.x

I think Duncan James is the guest judge at the O2 tonight, so he'll more than likely give Gareth and Maria a pretty good score.

If we send in a few text votes for them, they may get the chance to skate to Bolero with a bit of luck.

Text Gareth to 87103 if anyone wants to vote.

I think Duncan James is the guest judge at the O2 tonight, so he'll more than likely give Gareth and Maria a pretty good score.

If we send in a few text votes for them, they may get the chance to skate to Bolero with a bit of luck.

Text Gareth to 87103 if anyone wants to vote.

I have always loved Claire Buckfields skating and agree that Gareth is always undermarked. Mind you Jason didn;t dare do it the first night at Sheffield, he had probabaly read that I was going to stick the skating boot where the sun shone if he did, and by God did I mean it. Sorry you didn't get to meet him he is gorgeous and a real gentleman. Me and my 18 year old got shy but I have a wonderful picture of him cuddling my 8 year old and she adores him. She is the one that cries when he doesn't win because in her eyes he can do no wrong. She is right of course!!!!!!! :smile:

Thank you for your report Sandy. Hope you meet Gareth soon.

hi everyone

saw gareth gates at the 02 last nite truelly amazing i was overwhelmed and loved every minute of it i cant believe what a fatastic show it was and i cried screamed and had a great time

It was my first time seeing him that close and he winked at me when he saw me crying i am in love with gareth gates all over again

emma xxx

Did not get back till 3am so not awake yet. Great night. First time for me at the O2 arena

Gareth and Maria were brilliant they wore the red outfits and skated to living on a Prayer. Gareth said he was chuffed to bits with the score. 25.5 Best I have seen him skate so far.

People behind us asked to have a look at our banner and said how nice Gareth is.

Brian Colloly was guest judge and very funny.

Did not get back till 3am so not awake yet. Great night. First time for me at the O2 arena

Gareth and Maria were brilliant they wore the red outfits and skated to living on a Prayer. Gareth said he was chuffed to bits with the score. 25.5 Best I have seen him skate so far.

People behind us asked to have a look at our banner and said how nice Gareth is.

Brian Colloly was guest judge and very funny.

Poor you, you must be exhausted. At least you got to see Gareth! :thumbsup:

Brian Connelly is hilarious so I bet you had an amazing night!

I was at the 02 to watch Gareth and had a fantastic time :hyper: I was there most of the time with my mate all day and what a miserable day it was pouring with rain but we were inside so it was fine. The Tutukarmum Exhibition was amazing btw

Anyway onto to the show and we in were the middle tier bit which gave us a pretty view but we were not too close (so no pictures). The 02 arena is amazing and was almost full with nearly 10,000 people I think Andy said it was the biggest crowd for the tour. I felt sorry for those right at the top!

Gareth was introduced about 6th and got a big cheer from the crowd and until Chris came on I would say he was most popular along with Kyran. It has to be said that Chris was far by the most popular and everytime he appeared he got a massive cheer from the crowd. Brian Conley was the guest judge and was funny but I had hoped it was Duncan James

Gareth was about 6th on for his first dance Livin On a Prayer and he was fantastic. He covered all the ice with speed and did the lifts wih ease, the crowd were enjoying it and were clapping along. When he finished he got a great response one of the best of the first dances. The judges marks were great 25.5 as mentioned with all 5.0 except for Brian who gave 5.5 and Gareth was really happy. There was a nice little inteview with Gareth and Maria was sweet saying he is hard working, fun and has a beautiful face. Andy then asked Jayne if it helped in training that Gareth had a lovely face LOL. Jayne blushed a bit and said he is good to look at and yes it helps!. Chris also mentioned what a hard worker Gareth is. Surprise Surprise Jason gave lovely comments giving his highest mark of the tour and he wanted to get Gareth even higher marks. Andy then asked the crowd what makes they would give Gareth and loads of people put up 6.0 and few 5.5's :laugh: The scores last night were so high 30 for Bonnie and Chris, 29 or Kryan, 28 for Claire and 27.5 for Suzanne so Gareth ended 6th and no surprise he did not make the final (but we did vote for him). Bonnie won despite the fact that most of the crowd wanted Chris to win.

After the break Gareth did the 60's routine with the striped trousers - loved the finish where he was kneeling in front of our stand with hands out, chest out and beaming. It was funny that the ended in front of Maria and had to look around to make sure she was there. He then put his hand out to make sure she got appluase which was sweet. He also waved to somone. Gareth did his second dance the beautifal day routine which was another great performance and then appeared at the end.

It was amazing to finally see Gareth live and I was so happy that he produced his best dance of the tour so far. As we had a long journey we decided against waiting to see if they came out. I saw Gareth and that was good enough :smile:

Thanks for your very detailed and brilliant report Gazman. I'm so pleased you got to see Gareth. I hope he continues to improve the way he is at the moment, so he will get a chance to skate to Bolero. It will be such a shame if he doesn't get to do it at least once.

Lovely reports from all of you thanks very much, so glad you got to see Gareth. I was so smitten that I'm hoping to go again. I'm afraid the show, well Gareth anyway, is addictive! It really is a great show.