Gareth is to Star as Joseph in his West End Debut

Yorksheather

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Heather. Lot's of good information there.

The Really Useful Group have set up their own YouTube channel, so you can see clips from lots of their shows, including Joseph. They've used the DVD version with Donny Osmond, who sings with an American accent, which sounds very, very wierd, lol. :shocked:

A good way to remind yourself of some of the songs. :thumbsup:

http://uk.youtube.com/reallyusefulgroup

Gareth's holiday dates have been announced and are listed on this site, and presumably some others.

Gareth Gates will be on holiday: Monday 25th May to Wednesday 3rd June 2009 and Thursday 9th July to Saturday 11th July 2009. During this time the role of Joseph will be played by Ricky Rojas.

I think this means he won't be taking time off when the baby comes, except perhaps a day or two, depending on how it all goes. :smile:

I think this means he won't be taking time off when the baby comes, except perhaps a day or two, depending on how it all goes. :smile:

I suppose that's because they don't know when the baby will arrive.

You can't put a definite date on that unless they opt for Suzanne to be induced which I don't think they would go for personally.

Gareth's holiday dates have been announced and are listed on this site, and presumably some others.

Gareth Gates will be on holiday: Monday 25th May to Wednesday 3rd June 2009 and Thursday 9th July to Saturday 11th July 2009. During this time the role of Joseph will be played by Ricky Rojas.

Thanks for showing when Gareth is taking his holidays :smile:

I suppose that's because they don't know when the baby will arrive.

You can't put a definite date on that unless they opt for Suzanne to be induced which I don't think they would go for personally.

I agree, also when the baby does first arrive, there will presumably be millions of visitors and so on ready to do their bit. Dad's can be elbowed out the way. I have a couple of friends whose husbands have taken their paternity leave two or three weeks after the baby arrived, and after their own mothers had left! :laugh: They felt they were more useful then, and could enjoy their time together better, and it's not as if he won't be around most of the time.

I'm sure part of the decision depends on how much family support you have, as well as the job you do. If it's something that you can leave at the drop of a hat and others can cover, that's fine, but if you do a job that's hard to cover, then it's best to make plans. If Gareth planned paternity leave for around the due-date, the baby would inevitably be late, or early, lol.

Who knows, he might even do a Nicky Slater and make it back in time for the evening show! :laugh:

Thanks for letting us know when gareths takes his holidays snowdrop

yup i agree with whoever said he will prob just take a couple of days of when suzanne has the baby

maybe he booked time off in may and july to spend quality time with suzanne and the baby then cos he knows the baby will definitly be born by then

would it be ok for me to post this on the officlal site if you havnt done so already snowdrop?

looks like i better let my mum know not to get me a joseph ticlet to see him on my birthday as my birthdays july the 9th lol

i feel a tad sad about that even though there is no plans at the min to see him on my birthday anyway

Maggiemags has asked that I post this clip she recorded from the Steve Wright podcast. :thumbsup:

Hi :)

This is from Steve Wright last week. He had Mark Frith in talking about the celeb news of 2008 and then they started looking ahead to what might come in 2009. MF suddenly mentioned Gaz, which is where the clip starts. All round approval :) They'd been talking about Jude Law playing Hamlet at The Donmar, which explains the reference to 'Judey Boy'.

Mx

SteveWright.wma

They all :wub: him and quite right too. :heart:

That was lovely to listen to. Thanks MaggieMags and Snowdrop.

They both genuinely want Gareth to be successful don't they. Its quite amazing that so many people see him as a truly wonderful person yet he doesn't get the acclaim he so deserves. Such an unfair world.

Maggiemags has asked that I post this clip she recorded from the Steve Wright podcast. :thumbsup:

Hi :)

This is from Steve Wright last week. He had Mark Frith in talking about the celeb news of 2008 and then they started looking ahead to what might come in 2009. MF suddenly mentioned Gaz, which is where the clip starts. All round approval :) They'd been talking about Jude Law playing Hamlet at The Donmar, which explains the reference to 'Judey Boy'.

Mx

SteveWright.wma

They all :wub: him and quite right too. :heart:

How do I listen to it please? There were a couple last week and I couldn't listen to them either.

Please be gentle, as I am full of Flu :sad: My thinking capacity is limited (perhaps even more than usual)