News from tonight's show (Monday opening)

Snowdrop

News In from Khelda.

He's fantastic. Close every Door is sung with such emotion, she says it's amazing.

He's very cheeky and is being chased around the stage by a woman in his loin cloth.

Just spoken to Khelda.

She said they had a very long ovation, as they went through all the artist and Gareth was lifted on a small platform up as high as the Dress circle so they could all see him closely.

Shes over the moon, and can't wait to go again.

She spoke to cameras outside, asking her how it was, so there should be things in the news about it.

This is such an exciting evening. How great that he is being received so well and its no more than he deserves.

Got a huge lump in my throat to go with the tears now. Can't put into words how I'm feeling :heart:

Thanks again Hazzy for keeping us up with the news from Khelda.

When I read through this thread my excitement just kept mounting! It sounds like Gareth has caused a huge stir, and people are going to realise just how professionasl he is! I'm so very thrilled for him!

Right here goes. What a night, really really want to go again.

ON the by, the journey by train to Waterloo is easy, and its not far across the bridge to the theatre.

We got there just after 6pm and only a few people were there.

I seen Suzanne come in with Kelly (Gareth former PA, I think so, but might be wrong, lol). Suddenly it started to fill up, the show actually did not start until 7.30 tonight (not sure if that is like it on other nights). Anyhow we got to our seat in row F, could see fine from there.

The place kept getting fuller anf fuller until I think it was completely full in the stalls. Fom my seat I could not see how many were in the circles, but at the end I saw lots of people leave on both, so must have been quite a few up there too.

Then the show started with the narrator who told the story through out by singing (she is fantastic) and lots of children who are also sang along. Suddenly Gareth appeared but still behind the curtain, looked great, people were cheering. Have to say the whole cast were fantastic, and with some fabulous dancers.

Anyhow, Gareth is singing with the cast and sounding and looking good.

But when the story goes that he is in prison and he sings 'Close every door' (in the loin cloth looking good, lol) that is just amaziing, such emotion (hubby even commented on how fabulous he was). At one point my tears started down my face, could not stop them. Really emotional stuff.

Gareth voice was great, his acting great, he was really cheeky at some point, emotional at others, and he was so funny when the girls chased him around and he was just in the loin cloth, lol.

By the way the prgramme has got marvelous photos from the different scenes, and I am hoping some people will be able to scan and show you. It's a must buy.

Anyhow, Gareth sings 'Close every door' once more at the end, and he got a standing ovation for it. It was out of this world.

Coming out 2 people with cameras stood at the doors asking people: how was Gareth? And all I heard was fantastic.

I went out of one door first, but noticed they were asking people coming out of the other door, so back in I went, lol and the first person asked 2 young men about how was Gareth, and they said he was fantastic.

The 2nd person held the mic out to me when coming out again, lol and I also said Gareth was fantastic, his voice amazing and I loved it.

Not sure where they were from mind, we have to keep a look out. :thumbsup:

Really now want to go again at some point.

Oh, that's a great report Khelda! Thank you so, so much! So good to hear that people were cheering him and that he sang so beautifully - only to be expected :wink:

Clever you for organising things so you could be be interviewed and daring to too - you're very brave!

I'm thrilled that you enjoyed it so much - not at all surprised that you want to go again, :smile: Really can't wait to go myself now and looking forward to reading all the reports from the others.

Thank you thank you thank you. I know you will be exausted, but I'm very happy that you have taken the effort to stay up and post a brilliant report for us. I'm also very impressed at your ability to get yourself interviewed. I will be keeping my eyes peeled! :laugh:

The audience loved Gareth. :thumbsup:

Forgot to say at the end when he was lifted up on th elittle ramp, a girl about 12 up on the dress circle could not believe her luck, she was over the moon seeing Gareth so close. Her face was a picture. :D

Also forgot to say, Gareth got some flowers at the end, and when the curtain went down I could see him jumping in the air with joy. :frantics: