• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too. Going to the last performance.

Meantime Genie has been blogging again:

The Lamp Post - First Night Titters

blogged by Laura on 09.12.11

Hi Panto Peeps!

So it's finally here, first night is merely hours away!

Normally at this stage I have seen even the most panto-hardened performers rocking in the corner of their dressing rooms as the first night jitters get the better of them - mentioning no names though, I'm sure you know who I'm talking about, you know, him off the telly.

Anyway, the dreaded queasy-sweats hasn't affected any of my fantastic co-stars! If anything they all seem to have the first night titters, hysteria has obviously set in as they all fell about in fits of giggles during my spontaneous Hamlet soliloquy. I was only trying to show them how to deliver the 'Alas, poor Yorick!' scene with only a spout to balance the skull on, and normally I would chastise them or give that Paul Burling a withering look as it's normally him that starts it, but it's a big day for most of them. Obviously for me it's a walk in the park, being a panto veteran and all, hmmm...maybe I'll try and work it in to the panto somewhere - you never know who will be in the audience darrrrlings!

Right, I'm off to get buffed and pretty for you all you lucky peeps tonight, so exciting!

See you at the stage door - I'll be the one holding the pens for Gareth to sign autographs with, remember don't say 'Good Luck', or even 'Break a Leg', for this panto lovelies, it's 'Break a Lamp'!

Wish Away!

Lampie

x

:rofl:

I'm not going to the panto , but I'm really looking forward to you telling us all about it Elaine ,I hope you have a great time tonight :thumbsup:

Afkl0OjCAAAV0lS_normal.jpg EllieRiley_TW Ellie Riley

Me and Tabitha are currently fangirling over Gareth Gates, hes just like God!!

7 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

166924_2094033393907_1337486207_32134070_11721656_n_1__normal.jpg stephjrobertson Steph Robertson

Gareth Gates called me babe and touched my arm! WOOO

8 hours ago Favorite

pauls_PIC_normal.jpg MrPaulBurling Paul Burling

Everyone tonite was amazing in Aladdin @MKTheatre well done @CamillaDallerup @Gareth_Gates @nelsonchris82 @Nicola_Brazil @JohnBarrUK ..

7 hours ago

Fantastic start to our Panto run @MKTheatre great show & great after show party, lovin it!!!

7 hours

Guest NicolaJayne

The pic is lovely Chris, I think Gareth looks so handsome in the gold costume, not that he doesn't always.

Its a great excuse for a Birthday treat Laura and that was how I managed to twist my husbands arm into taking me.

I do hope Press night has gone well for them, it must be a bit nerve racking.

That's lovely for you Laura. Sure you'll have a fab time.

The press night seens to have gone really well by all accounts. Looks like Gareth is working at something on his day off again.

Gareth_Gates Gareth Gates

Great Press Night tonight at @MKTheatre Back home in London now... If only I had a day off tomorrow!!