Momentous Musicals:19th July 2012

Val4Gareth

Fantastic new event just been announced on Gareth's Facebook and Twitter

. And now on Gareth's Website

Gareth Gates@Gareth_Gates.

Come to "Momentous Musicals" 14 July from 19:00 to 22:00. 93 The Broadway, SW19 1QD. Tickets £22,00 concessions... http://fb.me/1glNehEIt

Momentous Musicals at Wimbledon Theatre

For one night only, the finest voices of the West End stage bring you a compendium of Momentous Musicals. Gareth Gates (Joseph, Les Misérables) leads the cast in this homage to musical theatre featuring songs from much-loved shows including West Side Story, Phantom of the Opera, Wicked and Miss Saigon. From Andrew Lloyd Webber to Elton John and beyond, this is a celebration of the hit musicals that have us flocking to the theatre.

mm_landscape.jpg

Saturday 14th July 2012

New Wimbledon Theatre, 93 The Broadway, London SW19 1QG

Tickets: £22.00 (concessions available)

Box Office: 0844 871 7646

www.momentousmusicals.com

Posted on

March 19, 2012

This looks a really good one. :thumbsup:

You can book tickets here.

http://www.atgticket...5/#overview_tab

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is being produced by Neil Eckersley who produced A Spoonful of Stiles & Drewe, which went on to be released on CD. Fingers crossed that will happen for this one too. Its being advertised as a World Premiere

http://blog.musicaltheatrenews.com/2012/03/gareth-gates-and-rachael-wooding-in.html

http://www.speckulationentertainment.com/neileckersley.html

Article in Stage Door mag.

http://www.stagedoormag.co.uk/articles/gareth-gates-to-headline-momentous-musicals-gala-concert/

Gareth Gates headlines Momentous Musicals

By Edited by Tom Brown | Published March 19, 2012

momentous-latest.jpg

4tweetsretweet

Gareth Gates (Joseph, Les Misérables) headlines Momentous Musicals, a world première gala concert at New Wimbledon Theatre, for one night only on Saturday 14th July 2012.

Gareth Gates leads this sophisticated homage to musical theatre, featuring songs from much-loved shows including West Side Story, Phantom of the Opera, Wicked and Miss Saigon. He is joined by a cast of West End stars including blonde bombshell Rachael Wooding (Jersey Boys, Hairspray), an amazing ensemble of dancers and a live on stage band.

Gareth-Gates-med-res-231x300.jpg

Gareth Gates

Since being catapulted into the limelight as a finalist on the original Pop Idol 10 years ago, Gareth Gates has sold over 3 million singles in the UK, and toured extensively as a solo artist, playing to sold out arenas. He has recently carved out an enviable niche for himself as a lead musical theatre artist, with coveted starring roles in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat for Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber and Les Misérables for Sir Cameron Mackintosh.

Rachael-Wooding-med-res-229x300.jpg

Rachael Wooding

Rachael Wooding recently played the lead role of Mary Delgado in the long-running West End production of the smash-hit musical Jersey Boys. Her previous West End credits include the lead roles of Amber in Hairspray, Meatloaf in We Will Rock You and Serena in Fame. She also played title role in the recent UK tour of Evita to extensive critical and popular acclaim.

Momentous Musicals is a brand new concert celebration of the very best in musical theatre, showcasing soaring ballads and fondly remembered songs from the most significant musicals of our generation. High production values and top-notch talent combine to offer an unforgettable evening of popular songs, eclipsing even its closest rival with artistic aplomb.

Momentous Musicals is produced by Neil Eckersley for Speckulation Entertainment. It is directed by John Garfield-Roberts, with choreography by Racky Plews

Thanks so much Val for posting the blogs and the article for this :)

i'm so excited to hear about this as its somewhere I know I should definitely be able to go to :D I know this obviously isn't one of them gigs but better than not being able to see him at all after the news about Hair.

Thanks so much Val for posting the blogs and the article for this :)

i'm so excited to hear about this as its somewhere I know I should definitely be able to go to :D I know this obviously isn't one of them gigs but betetr than not being able to see him at all after the news about Hair.

Thought you'd like it Maria. I'm really excited about this one. Think it will be a really great evening. And having been to the New Wimbledon Theatre before we'll know exactly where we're going. :thumbsup:

Nice blog written by someone who is going to be working with Gareth on this.

I see the person who wrote this is called Ava, does anyone think/know if its the Ava we know (Roz and Ava) or just a coincidence its the same name?

I've no idea if anyone still speaks to her.

I see the person who wrote this is called Ava, does anyone think/know if its the Ava we know (Roz and Ava) or just a coincidence its the same name?

I've no idea if anyone still speaks to her.

Yes it is her Maria. she used to be Unchained Angel on the OS.

Guest NicolaJayne

My computer has been crashing all day but wasn't sure if this was confirmed so held back on booking but have now managed to get into my e-mails and Ali has confirmed it. So have just booked thought it was my computer why the link wasn't working so rang up to book.

Very excited about this, I have just rung Maureen to see if its one she would like to come down for but its a long way for her, so we will see.

Thanks Val :) had a feeling it was because I remember she worked in theatre's, not sure what as though, wish I could say the same as i would give anything to be working with him on something but on the other hand i'm just glad other dreams have come true :) that said I am pleased for her :D x