Momentous Musicals:19th July 2012

Val4Gareth

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sure it will be a great night, I was very happy when I read about it on Facebook, specially after the Hair problems. I really doubt I will be able to go but I'll be looking forward to read the reports and see some pics. Hope the ones who are going really enjoy it :)

I've just found this nice little article in Spanish on a site about musicals talking about this:

http://www.todomusic...ntous-musicals/

The headline says: Gareth Gates is starring in the gala concert "Momentous Musicals"

The article doesn't tell us anything we don't know yet (or at least that I haven't read before) but I think it's very nice that they still write about Gareth here from time to time. :) If anybody is interested in reading it, I could translate the article this week (I'm afraid there would be a few mistakes, though haha), I really don't mind doing it ;)

He's joining the cast of Loserville, which means the date for Momentous Musicals has had to be changed. Gareth must be very well thought of for the whole arrangements to be changed to accommodate him.

Originally scheduled for Saturday 14th July 2012, Momentous Musicals starring Gareth Gates (Joseph, Les Misérables) and Rachael Wooding (Jersey Boys, Hairspray) will now take place at New Wimbledon Theatre on Thursday 19th July 2012 to allow Gareth to join the cast of Loserville at the West Yorkshire Playhouse, which runs through to Saturday 14th July 2012.

The producers of Momentous Musicals commented: “Having worked with Gareth since his first West End concert A Spoonful of Stiles & Drewe, we are pleased to support his ongoing commitment to musical theatre in its many forms. When asked if we could accommodate him joining the cast of Loserville, we wholeheartedly wanted to make it possible for him. It is a fantastic opportunity for his many fans to see him on stage in a brand new musical.”

Patrons with tickets for the original date will be contacted by New Wimbledon Theatre within the next 24 hrs, and all existing bookings will be transferred to the new date.

Really annoying that something else is changed - hopefully some people will still be able go, I wonder if other artists change their arrangements and cancel things as often as Gareth and his team!

Please for Gareth that he's got this very credible part but just wish the timing was better.

Guest NicolaJayne

I can't make the Thursday .I'm feeling so annoyed with yet another Gareth cancellation after all the arrangements have been made.

Such a shame Doris makes you nervous of booking anything that involves travelling a long way doesn't it. Thats the second person who can't make it. Someone on Facebook has posted the same. Midweek is difficult, don't know what we will do as it takes a while to get to Wimbledon and it means Linda taking the day off but Brian won't be happy as he is also booked and don't know if we would make it going after he gets home from work, think it would be cutting it fine.

Well, with both tickets and hotel booked, I am so dissapointed this date has been changed that I haven't been able to summon up the enthusiasm for the good news of the day- The New Musical. Unfortunately I can't make the new date :angry: but my friends from here can( :thumbsup: for them) but :thumbsdown: for me.

However I have now got used to the idea and am ready to celebrate the good news of the day. :thumbsup:

And because I booked online they had better change my tickets without me having to mess about, same here Chris, I can't summon the same enthusiasm for the new role now until I know if things can be sorted, its good they are willing to change the date for Gareth but they need to realise people DO book hotels/travel.

Guest NicolaJayne

I had an e-mail from Ali today saying this is something Gareth is very keen to do, but with it only on for a month he wasn't able to miss the last day.

It was very fortunate they could accomodate MM on another day so it didn't have to be cancelled.

She was very sorry the date had to be changed but it was unavoidable.

Guest NicolaJayne

And because I booked online they had better change my tickets without me having to mess about, same here Chris, I can't summon the same enthusiasm for the new role now until I know if things can be sorted, its good they are willing to change the date for Gareth but they need to realise people DO book hotels/travel.

I don't think we will have to change our tickets Maria I think we will just keep the old ones, the way I read it.

Guest NicolaJayne

Has anyone got an e-mail about the change of date for MM because I haven't ,so presume our tickets are still valid for the 19th, but would have thought I would have got an e-mail informing of the date change.