Brand New Musical - Loserville, West Yorkshire Playhouse - 18th June - 14th July

Val4Gareth

Guest NicolaJayne

That is the intention I'm sure so just hope all the local fans go and support Gareth in his new venture. Would love it to come to the West End.

I think this is a very important project for him.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NicolaJayne

I would love to go to Leeds to see Loserville but the odds are stacked against me I think this time, with the timing being wrong and the only weekend when it would have been possible family things in the way.

But hope everyone going has a wonderful time and come back with a detailed report, would be lovely to get a video but I think maybe too risky for that.

Popular

3DWeek300.jpg

Subscribe

All the news you love, straight to your inbox!

More options...

More Interviews

Latest

Follow Us

Like Us

James Bourne’s Loserville cast revealed – and it’s amazing

Posted 20th April, 2012 by Frankie Genchi

We’ve been excited about Loserville the musical coming to Leeds for a while now – but we had no idea the cast list was going to be so amazing.

In fact, the cast list reads like a who’s who of people we adore here at Flecking Records.

Inspired by Son of Dork’s Welcome to Loverville album, the musical is penned by Elliot Davis and James Bourne himself.

First up we have… Gareth Gates! The super handsome singer – and lad from our neck of the woods – will be taking on the role of Eddie, something that excites us greatly.

More exciting still, the role of Michael Dork will be played by Flecking favourite Aaron Sidwell who we fell head-over-heels for when he sat on the toilet during one of our photoshoots.

And just to seal the deal – and before we explode with joy – Lil’ Chris will be playing Francis. Yes, Lil’ Chris! We can’t wait to be ch-ch-ch-checking him out when the show opens at the West Yorkshire Playhouse in Leeds on June 18.

Other cast members include Charlotte Harwood, Eliza Hope and Richard Lowe.

Steven Dexter will be directing the show, with choreography by Nick Winston.

Are you as excited as we are? Leave us a comment.

Click here for a cast snap.

My tickets have arrived this morning :thumbsup:

My tickets have also arrived

Blimey they have arrived quick.

There is an opportunity to look at the actual seating on this link http://www.wyp.org.uk/venue/hiring-the-theatre/quarry-theatre/ (In the bottom left hand corner, click on 'Quarry Theatre' and wait for it to load). It may help when choosing where to sit.

There are some fab offers with National Express Coaches http://www.nationalexpress.com/coach/Offers/funfare/funfares.cfm?sd=01062012#cal if booked before 30th April 2012. e.g. Birmingham to Leeds £5.50!! (Think they may be either very early or very late times but still fantastic value).

Apparently the theatre is opposite the Coach Station. :thumbsup:

Hope as many as possible get to go to this. The more successful it is, the more chance it will transfer to the WE.

What problem did you have with sending a PM Andrea. I'm sure it can be sorted out for you. Its a really easy PM system.

Just checked this out and its not really good for us, it says it takes 5hrs eek

Didn't realise it was quite that long. However, how quick does that time go when you are chatting? There would be a toilet/stretch your legs stop too!

Have yout thought the money saved could be seeing another performance on either a Thursday or Saturday, when there are two performances???

It's common for the first few shows of a new run to be cheaper. In theory, it's because they are less practiced, and there is more likely to be a technical hitch, so they make them cheaper so you can't complain if it's not super-polished. In practice, I think it's to encourage people to go early in the run, and get bums on seats, so word of mouth can get going.

There is probably a press night one night, which usually marks the start of full price tickets.

It's also common for changes to be made to the show during previews as they see how an audience reacts and if things work as well as expected.