The Osmonds & Gareth. Boogie Nights

Val4Gareth

As Gareth has said in the York Press interview , he is playing the part of Dean, so I thought I would look him up .

The plot is about two lovers called Debs and Roddy. Roddy has a dream to be a rock star. They have been together for five years, as have their best friends Terry and Trish. There is a fancy dress dance contest at their local disco 'Boogie Nights', and Roddy promises he will go with Debs. Debs then reveals to Trish that she is pregnant with Roddy's baby.

Roddy's dad, Eamon, an Elvis-crazy guy, tells Roddy to treat Debs better and to get a job. But Roddy has his head too far up in the clouds to notice that he is hurting anyone.

Days later, she is waiting for Roddy to pick her up from shopping. He doesn't, but she is met by Dean, the DJ at Boogie Nights. He tells Debs that Roddy is not good enough for her, and that she should go out with himself. They kiss.

Meanwhile, Roddy is met by Lorraine, the singer in the disco's band, and her boyfriend Spencer (also a singer). They are rowing, and he storms off. Lorraine and Roddy then cheat together on their partners. Lorraine tells Roddy that she is going to enter the dance contest with him.

At the contest, Roddy's lovers meet and they realise what is going on. Debs dumps Roddy. She then has a miscarriage.

When Elvis dies Eamon is left heart broken, when Roddy complains Eamon tries to put everything in perspective, Roddy uses a picture of what he thinks is Elvis but when he looks is his deceased mother. Eamon throws Roddy out and forgets about Roddy.

Weeks later, Terry comes over to Roddy's and tells him that Debs is seeing Dean. Roddy finally accepts that their relationship is over. He goes over to Debs' and she tells him about the baby. Spencer gives Roddy the job of singer in his band. He runs to tell Debs the news, but she tells him some news first—she and Dean are engaged.

Eamon tells Spencer he wants to make up with Roddy but if he says sorry.

Terry is best man at their wedding; Roddy is the singer. When Spencer asks for song requests, Roddy makes a request to come home. Roddy and Eamon patch things up.

Everyone got what they wanted Eamon was friends with Roddy, Dean got Debs, Debs got someone to trust and Roddy was a singer. But Roddy doubts that he really wanted this dream, if he had the choice would he have chosen Debs?

Roddy - Hero of the story, dreaming of a life as a rock star

Debs - Roddy's girl friend

Terry - A garage mechanic

Trish - Debs' friend and Terry's girlfriend

Eamon - Roddy's father

Dean - DJ at the club

Spencer - front man for the resident band

Lorraine - Singer in the local band and Spencer's girlfriend

Songs on this link http://www.guidetomusicaltheatre.com/shows_b/boogieNights.html

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Debra Moyce@DebsMoyce

Boogie Nights, 60 shows all around the country starring @chicotime1@AndyAbraham@Gareth_Gates@shanerichiejnr and The Osmonds - can't wait!

chico slimani@chicotime1

@Kellya04 @andyabraham yeah super exited it's with Gareth Gates & Laura white & @shanerichiejnr yay!!! Starts 2nd Feb till late April :))

I can't wait to have it confirmed where the 60 shows are . This is one that has been found .

http://conference.ve...GIE-NIGHTS.html

Ar there some tickets on sale already for this then.

@katrinabotting @Gareth_Gates just booked row A Croydon for boogie nights!! many of my friends also on front row!! be afraid very afraid!!!

Didn't think they went on sale until next Monday.

The Guardian seems to be running ticket offers for the O2 and Blackburn, which is a bit of an odd combination, but perhaps it will be added to!

http://www.guardiant...nights-tickets/

It lists three dates for Blackburn, one being December this year, so not quite sure what that is about, lol.

Edits: Val, it looks like we are barking up the same tree.

Edits again: those dates are also on ticketmaster - it does appear to be a different production by the same name.

I don't know if this means Laura White isn't in it , or what , think we'll have to wait and see .

9h debs_chico_rainb_normal.bmp Debra Moyce@DebsMoyce

@laurawhitesings http://bit.ly/PIxM8S - hi Laura, says you're doing Boogie Nights in Wales here..

TwitterImageLW_normal.jpg Laura White@laurawhitesings 8h

@DebsMoyce I know.. They've got it wrong.. Ohhhhh dear.. X

Guest NicolaJayne

Only found out today since I got back that its a tour, thought it was only 2 shows. Waiting for Thursday when we get news of the venues.

Also only just found out Chico and Andy Abrahams are in Boogie Nights. I like Chico so am pleased about that.