gareth confirms split from suzanne

pongo999

It is such a shame. They have been together such a long time. I must admit I did feel something maybe wasn't right. Not because of the press reports or anything like that though. Feel for little Missy. But I am sure they will work together and make sure she has a fantastic upbringing. Best wishes to them all, Gareth and suzanne have been together such a long time, I'm sure they still care alot about each other. letting go is the hardest part, things will get better.

It is sad, and I feel for suzanne as she is a very lovely woman,but lets face it, Gareth was very young when him and Suzanne got married and Suzanne was a grown and mature woman. Gareth was still young and hadnt experienced being a young single boy. It is sad after many years they have split, but im sure they are going to work together on making Missy's life great. And i hope they both have a lovely future as they are both lovely people. Im always going to support Gareth no matter what and papers/magazines accuse him of, as its his life x

Guest NicolaJayne

Just got back from holiday and very shocked to read this sad news but agree Gareth was very young when they got together and people change, he has experienced a lot since then. Just hope that they can sort things out as they have the business together and most importantly Missy. They are both lovely people and if its not working best to part for missy's sake. A very traumatic time for them all and I think its very brave of Gareth to put out the announcement for his fans, hope they are all OK.

I think we could all see this coming if we are being honest. I agree he was very young when he got together with Suzanne and they have done well to have lasted this long. Over the past couple of years I have followed Gareth on twitter and some of his tweets did not really seem consistent with a happily married man in my opinion. Obviously, only they know the truth, but this is just how it seemed to me. I am glad Gareth has made the announcement that their marriage is over now as the press would just continue to follow him constantly looking for other "indiscretions" to expose him, which only serves to cause embarrassment to Suzanne and their respective families and upset to us fans. I do hope that they are allowed to sort everything out amicably and both move on with their lives. It will not be easy for them though as these things are always very stressful and especially with Gareth's busy work schedule at the moment. I think they are lucky to have very supportive families who will help them through all this and I wish them both well for the future.

As we have told you before 'Kettle' .....why come on here if you have only posted 6 times? Every single comment you have written has been negative. This is a "fan forum" ,a place where we come to support Gareth, not judge and slate him. Please take your horrible comments with you. They are NOT wanted !!

Two affairs in three years of marriage?

Suzanne was right to get rid of him.

Another negative comment from you. Why are you even on a Gareth FAN site? You clearly aren't a fan. And as for your comment, nobody knows what goes on in people's lives. speculation and rumours can be very hurtful. You don't know what is True/Not True. At the end of the day it is a very difficult time for them all and their families.

Sophie, Kettle will post on here because there is a small minority of people who like to register on fan sites and try and upset loyal fans. Just ignore them and they will go away.... It is one thing trying to take a balanced view of things and another just making random hurtful comments. At the end of the day his personal life should be just that, but obviously celebrity status doesn't afford that unfortunately - it goes with the job. Gareth knows he has a lot of loyal fans who will support him through thick and thin, hence the announcement on his website before it appearing in the papers. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and a forum is supposed to be a place to express this. I like to read other people's posts which don't necessarily reflect my own views as this gives a better perspective on things. However, I don't feel random comments like Kettle's are helpful in this case - just my view!

No-one apart from Gareth and Suzanne know the truth behind their decision. They may both have decided this was the best option to avoid any more speculation when Gareth appears in Pantomime this year alongside the latest person the press have decided he has been friendly with.

As Gareth said their main priority is Missy and they will do all they can to avoid hurt for her. Which to me makes them excellent parents and that can't be said for many couples who put their children through hell.

Yes possibly Val, only Gareth and Suzanne will ever know the full truth. I think the papers would have had a field day this Christmas had they stayed together (they might still) As always I wish them all the best. I agree, they seem to be fantastic parents putting Missy first.

A good point barbiegirl. It is hard to ignore the comments and not retaliate but I'll try ! It just angers me that someone has come on here purely to post negativity and to 'point a finger of blame' !

Agree with what you said Val

Barbigirl - Yes you are right aswell. It's hard seeing people write horrible things when nobody knows what the truth is. I don't have a problem with people having different opinions. But I sense that is not the case here, just wanting to be hurtful all the time.