Dancing on Ice 2014

maria_1981

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NicolaJayne

I really think Gareth is involved in this from a few tweets on Twitter. Torville and Deane were speaking about it on CIN tonight but would not divulge any names just said it was all celebrities and would include stars from past series.

Thanks for starting the thread Maria.

Sometimes as fans it's good to speculate.

I read an interview in a magazine once, saying how lots of people have to train for DOI and then Torvill and Dean pick the best of the bunch. Whilst this seems very unfair having given a lot of time to training, there must be some contractual liability on the part of DOI to ask people to give so much of themselves.

There seem to be a few sightings of Gareth at Ice rinks so there seems to be something afoot (pun unintentional)!

The series begins on TV in January so could be a busy schedule for Gareth if he is involved.

It would put him back on TV so is this a good thing?

I am guessing that Gareth is doing the show to raise his profile ahead of releasing a new album which is not a bad idea just like Sophie Ellis Bexter is releasing an album in January just after she has appeared on Strictly.

It looks like Ray Quinn is taking part and if so would probably be paired with Maria meaning Gareth would need a new partner. It would have been nice to see Gareth back with Maria. The only concern I would have is Gareth is taking part with winners/runners up and may struggle to compete with them. He will need public support or he could go out early.

I believe there is a live tour planned in the spring a sort of farewell tour not sure Gareth is been lined up to take part

I agree with what you say about Gareth doing this to raise his profile ahead of a new album Gazman,.Must admit though I hadn't thought he would be skating with a different partner especially as he has started following Maria on Twitter. Although having said that he is also following Brianne Delcourt so you could be right.

If he does do it, I hope he manages to stay in for several weeks. Not sure he'd be able to commit to the tour if he is intending on releasing an album some time next year.

I am guessing that Gareth is doing the show to raise his profile ahead of releasing a new album which is not a bad idea just like Sophie Ellis Bexter is releasing an album in January just after she has appeared on Strictly.

When Gareth was on Dancing on Ice before, he almost politely didn't take advantage of the TV coverage by releasing an album straight away. He seemed to just enjoy the experience. Perhaps he has learned from it and like you say is now going to use it to raise his profile in order to release an album after.

It is a concern that he will be in with the winners(apart from Todd Carty it seems) who will more than likely be in for longer. We can only hope he will be in long enough.

He must have been popular in order to be asked.

This is the tour. It is very gruelling.

http://www.dancingonicetour.co.uk/tickets.html

Thank you Val and Chris :) would be lovely if he was on the tour as it would still give plenty of time the rest of the year to work on more of his music, knowing him even how gruelling the tour is, he will still fit in other things while he's on it.

I agree there Chris in hoping Gareth would be on DOI for long enough even if he doesn't get near the end.

I suppose realistically if Gareth is in DOI in January he would have Feb,early March to promote an album and then do the tour but it just doesn't seem long enough.

He didn't tour his last album and think that was a big mistake. I think no matter the success of any album he needs to tour it.

Guest NicolaJayne

I really hope Gareth is on and also does the tour as I think this upped his profile a great deal last time and lots of people who didn't follow his career like we do would know he was still around and find out what he had been doing recently. Also would help in album sales if it could be fitted it.

• 3 weeks later...

Agree it does look more like a leak than speculation. Mind you, it is The Sun!

Thinking about it, does Gareth Thomas skate LOL?

Wasn't he in it last year! lol

Sure our Gareth must be doing it though as he's been spotted enough times at the ice rink in recent weeks!!

It let me copy it, but didn't post the pictures that were on there.
Line up revealed tonight! 18:00 - 10 DEC 2013
medium_wbA7copKwwYP7FRZ5mqDC9B7kGNHUBwQv

We will be revealing the celebrity line up for Dancing on Ice 2014 tonight.

The final series of the show will be an ‘All Stars’ special. Celebrating the very best of its celebrity skaters, the final series will see a mixture of finalists and show favourites from its entire run.

The 9th series which starts in the New Year, will be the last of the glittering ice skating competition and it promises to go out with a bang.

Previous show winners will want to retain their title, runners up will have old scores to settle and show favourites will want to wow viewers with their very best on the ice.

Phillip Schofield and Christine Bleakley will be rink-side to preside over all the action and the Judges will be on hand to deliver their verdicts.

medium_eVcU0JqrTlcIf1gFWIzPra_xhNVxv17F0

Ice cool - Phillip and Christine

Viewers are in for an absolute treat this year. I'm over the moon we'll be welcoming back to the ice some of our very best skaters and characters from over the years.

– Philip Schofield

Olympic skating superstars Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean will return one final time to help train our celebrities.

This year the legendary sporting duo will also be celebrating the 30th anniversary of their Olympic Bolero win during the show’s run.

medium_AcrE49dk73nZeLDVYgew3fFfIawGrfUTs

Olympic stars - Torvill and Dean

With mind-blowing performances and awe-inspiring tricks from our skating professionals and celebrities, the final series will be the most spectacular yet as our stars spin, jump and headbang their way to the ultimate accolade – Dancing on Ice All-Stars Champion.

Wasn't he in it last year! lol

Oh blimey!

Let's hope this time they have got the surname right.

Is it definitely our Gareth who has been seen skating and not this other Gareth? lol

Line up revealed tonight! 18:00 - 10TH DECEMBER 2013

Can you remind them it is 8.30pm now LOL.