Dancing on Ice 2014

maria_1981

Sad to see Gareth but to have finished 7th the All Stars series was more than he could have imagined when it started. The skate off was closer than the judged made out but I think that having the winners in the final six was always want the producers wanted so Gareth stood no chance even though Sam has been in the skate off three times and reading a few comments some people preferred Gareth routine. It will be interesting to see the results of the viewers votes after the series is finished to see how Gareth did in the public vote and how close he came to staying in

I do think it is the right time for Gareth to leave and he has left on a high with his best performances and lots of positive comments from people who have enjoyed his routines and appreciated the progress he has made

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NicolaJayne

It is a sad night for Gareth fans but Gareth went out on a high and did himself proud. I have really enjoyed watching him skate every week and really enjoyed his last 2 routines.

I'm so proud of Gareth - he did so well on Dancing on Ice and his improvement was just wonderful to watch and he definitely went out on his two best performances yet - now it is onwards and upwards all the way for Gareth esp. with the rest of the lovely guys in 5th Story - yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From Hayley

Loved Gareth's performances tonight - considering Sam is an actor thought Gareth gave much more of a performance and definitely deserved to stay! Probably won't bother watching again as Ray is obviously going to win and really don't like him that much.

Gareth did really well with his two routines last night. Really enjoyed watching him as he has improved so much over the few weeks. I also will be interested what the public vote was tonight for Gareth. I don't think I'll have the same interest now Gareth is out of it and certainly won't be voting!

I was sad to see Gareth go last night , as he really improved . I get the impression from Matt Evers tweet to Gareth that Gareth will be in the DOI tour .

Matt Evers ‏@TheMattEvers · 5h

@Gareth_Gates Gazza... U were amazing. Can't wait for tour. Gunna miss ya (only 3 weeks). Rest up!!!

Sad to see Gareth but to have finished 7th the All Stars series was more than he could have imagined when it started. The skate off was closer than the judged made out but I think that having the winners in the final six was always want the producers wanted so Gareth stood no chance even though Sam has been in the skate off three times and reading a few comments some people preferred Gareth routine. It will be interesting to see the results of the viewers votes after the series is finished to see how Gareth did in the public vote and how close he came to staying in

Feel a bit flat and dissapointed but if I am honest I would think like that even if he came second (with Ray obviously winning). It has been fun to wait for Sunday, to watch Gareth skate (with fingernails bitten down to the core) and then to breathe a sigh of relief when Gareth got through. It has also been rather exciting and lots of proudness.

Yes Gaszam I wonder if Gareth has got further than he ever imagined, when it started?

Gareth has done amazing and we is fans have done pretty good too.

Let's rejoice in seeing Gareth with blonde hair too. :thumbsup:

Interesting Heather re the tweet about the tour. :thumbsup:

Gareth Gates votes off after impressive Wham performance. From The Mirror

George Michael-style blonde wig wasn't enough to save singer from the skate off

RexGareth-Gates-on-Dancing-On-Ice-3129803.j
Wigging out: Gareth Gates lost the skate off to Sam Attwater

Gareth Gates became the latest star voted off Dancing on Ice tonight, losing a skate off to Sam Attwater.

All four judges chose to save EastEnders actor Sam, despite Gareth's Beautiful Day routine - alongside professional partner Brianne - showing plenty of improvement.

Earlier in the show Gareth wore a George Michael-style blonde wig to wow with a performance set to Freedom by Wham! Judges Jason Gardiner and Karen Barber agreed that it had been his best showing of the series.

“That was beautiful tonight,” added Ashley Roberts.

"Gareth this was your best night by far and you can have your head held high," Jason told the singer.

Dancing-On-Ice-3129706.pngView gallery
Rex
  • Dancing-On-Ice-3129706.png"
  • Dancing-On-Ice-3129705.png"
  • Dancing-On-Ice-3129702.png"
  • Dancing-On-Ice-3129703.png"
  • Dancing-On-Ice-3129704.png"
  • Gareth-Gates-on-Dancing-On-Ice-3129803.j"
Dancing On Ice: 9th February
View gallery

Modest Gareth - also featuring on The Big Reunion as part of boy band 5th Story - gave credit to his partner as he departed the rink.

"Never mind, it has been amazing and I would like to thank this amazing lady Brianne," said the 29-year-old.

"Bless you all, thank you."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/dancing-ice-gareth-gates-voted-3129822#ixzz2swKQnYL4
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

And from The Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2555380/Dancing-On-Ice-Gareth-Gates-skates-leave-big-skate-battle-against-Sam-Attwater.html

Dancing On Ice: Gareth Gates has to get his skates on and leave the show after a big skate-off battle against Sam Attwater

Read more:

For Dancing On Ice's 1984-themed show it was former EastEnders star Sam Attwater and singer Gareth Gates who had to face each other off in the skate-off during the results show after viewers put them in the bottom two.

In the end it was Gareth Gates whose routine wasn't considered beautiful enough with the judges with all four electing to bring Sam back next week.

Also going home safe to skate another week in the show were Kyran Bracken, Ray Quinn (who scored the highest score from the judges on the night with 39.5 out of 40), Hayley Bracken, Beth Tweddle and Suzanne Shaw.

article-2555380-1B57105D00000578-431_634
icon_camera_90x68.png+12

Going home: Gareth had to get his skates on and leave the show

Gareth and skating partner Brianne had to leave Dancing On Ice on Sunday night

Gareth (left) and Sam (right) went head to head in the skate-off after their 80s routines earlier in the show

Up first were Sam Attwater and partner Vicky Ogden for a 'Save Me Skate' with a Dream Catch Me routine to the 2007 top ten song from Faulkner.

With Sam in a suit and Vicky in a bright pink skater's costume they performed with plenty of movement and colour, not to mention real chemistry on the ice.

'I gave that everything,' Sam told host Phillip Schofield. Vicky added: 'this one was perfect - good timing'.

Jayne Torvill remarked it was nice to see the steps matching properly this time while Christopher Dean said it showed a lot of passion.

article-2555380-1B570FC500000578-417_634
icon_camera_90x68.png+12

Lift-off: Gareth proved that he is a master of the ice too

article-2555380-1B57106E00000578-677_634
icon_camera_90x68.png+12

Big swinger: Gareth gave it all his strength for his final number on ice

article-2555380-1B57108400000578-607_634
icon_camera_90x68.png+12

Not so Beautiful Day: Sam and Vicky had to say farewell to Gareth and Brianne

Gareth and partner Brianne Delcourt chose to skate to U2's Beautiful Day number one hit from 2000.

Wearing a white suit with a turquoise shirt that matched to Brianne's outfit perfectly the two showed plenty of great twists on the ice and also ended with a magic moment of looking to the heavens above.

Gareth said afterwards: 'Oh Jesus, that was hard.' Brianne pointed out it was the best routine that they had done so far.

Jayne and Christopher both told Gareth that he was skating better and better.

article-0-1B56F4EB00000578-630_634x472.j
icon_camera_90x68.png+12

Rubik's cubes ahoy: Earlier in the night the theme was 1984

When it came to who they wanted to save for the series, judge Nicky saved Sam, judge Ashley decided to save Sam and judge Jason also decided to save Sam.

Head judge Karen said that she was proud of them both but that she was also saving Sam, who will get to skate again next week.

Gareth told Phillip: 'Never mind. It has been amazing' giving his skate partner Brianne a huge hug.

Jayne added that she would miss Gareth, as would the show.

article-2555380-1B570FBA00000578-615_634
icon_camera_90x68.png+12

Final bow: Gareth and Brianne say thank you and farewell to Dancing On Ice

Sorry i couldn't post all the pictures as it wouldn't let me.

I only noticed "Choose Gareth" on his T shirt when he pointed it out last night! Sad he's out of DOI, but at least we have the Big Reunion to look forward to now. A friend of mine asked if I wanted tickets to go to Dancing on Ice several months ago now and I thought no as I didn't think Gareth would be doing the tour. Missed Gareth on This Morning. Did anyone record it??

Gareth's best bits 11:46 - 10 FEB 2014

We loved putting Gareth Gates back on his skates, but six weeks into the competition, we said goodbye to the cheeky chappy that always had a smile on his face.

Here's our most memorable Gareth moments...

medium_gf0wx12yzjO3qzSymiqSIBc4nTJRmxq89

Gareth and Brianne are all smiles in week one

medium_WkX2Rijsx6KV3mPGR0T1NjMk3tZhAD9xP

Skating to Take That's Patience

medium_dIl-vK8RkTB-PzfqSQNTxVALBmHLoK3cA

An emotional performance from Gareth and Brianne

medium_clh0ylv0wD36Z1SVQ6teVcrbFQpGwxwLD

A vision in yellow

medium_fNvQHPNiBCdVL1ss2zJvRgpzUi9xr9c7g

Week two and still going strong

medium_kkM-UM8QClIqKGdAq4gVtf95Gn70imPoD

Gangster Gareth and Bri

medium_QEgjttpohFHuo0vOZS1qvWdxialZLvgSX

Gareth tackles the worm on ice

medium_4yT_d6N7kU6203OcZQLkjUGdnlkRhvFtx

It's getting hot in here!

medium_NKth-v0HcpM4eCLI_B1u9Qzm2WfZYpWFl

Week four and it's time to duel with Bonnie and Andrei!

medium_pEAmP3dqRTwGsWTYJUhkBuAR-vOqL8HdI

That cheeky chappy we all know and love!

medium_nEDFgNpz7w1G-_z2ixh8Khr-kK1fW2Akf

Gareth wins the duel and is through to next week

medium_gCx6ePxC8FtI4Om9mfB5i_3aMELJ6ZW7S

Loving that Wham! wig Gareth - it's 1984 week!

medium_YxQZf4o1-Fa86SRyaVoVcYgsa7yXNwbtA

Yes... those are Brianne's legs!

medium_Lt_0zUowF46EZWxuf0o-ZZ4-zXzCOP2_A

In the final two it's a save me skate for Gareth and Brianne

medium_d4izq1kNwT410JCx5bGTD7Qwsf-XsiW_e

But after losing out to Sam it's time to say goodbye!

Loving both the Daily Mail and the Mirror write ups. Interesting to see the Mirror talking about "Modest Gareth". That's nice!

Gareth's Wham routine is now on the ITV PLayer

http://www.itv.com/dancingonice/highlights/gareth-and-brianne-week-6

Thanks. Good to see it on the IPlayer.

Interesting to see this interview with Dan Winston in Closer Magazine:

http://www.closeronline.co.uk/2014/02/dancing-on-ice-2014-dan-whiston-talks-love-on-the-ice-ray-quinn-and-shocking-valentine-s-day-gifts

He tells us a little bit about Gareth backstage and is he telling us some news too?

Gareth Gates is going to be so missed

He's always teaching everyone rude songs backstage; they're just brilliant and so catchy. I'd look out for the next big musical on the West End, penned by Gareth - we'll have to get him backstage to give us some rude songs backstage before we go on next weekend!

• 3 weeks later...