Val4Gareth

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Everyone!
I’ve had a little time off since Panto finished – which has been great. Looking forward to getting going again with Easter Panto – that’s a first for me! And then getting back on stage with Footloose. However as you know, before then I’ll be taking part in Let’s Sing and Dance for Comic Relief.
I can’t wait – it’s going to be so much fun!
We’ve done a little rehearsal – but they start properly on Monday – so I’ll be vlogging next week, so you can keep up with m...y progress.
I’m going to need your help on the 11th March, to make sure we (Boys Allowed!) get through to the final on the 25th March. And all proceeds go to a great cause too – Comic Relief which I’m so happy to support once again.

Anyway, lots more soon – including a new photo shoot I’m doing this week so you’ll new photos to see in the next few weeks!
Lots of love – and thank you so so much for all your support with Cuppanut I’m so excited that you all like it.

Gareth x

See more

• 5 months later...

Things are looking up. There have been no less than 4 updates on Gareth's Facebook page today. One even announcing th 12 year anniversary of the release of Sunshine with a link to the video on youtube. I hope this is a sign that things will continue in this way in the future. No updates on his Website, so it seems Gareth is going to use Facebook or Twitter for future promotion. 

https://www.facebook.com/GarethGates

It musn't  be easy keeping Gareth's schedule updated so this is good news.

However I would hope that if in the future there is more music Gareth reverts to his Official website (perhaps updated with more new photos etc) as I do think this is far more professional. 

For now we take what we can get. Hope people will transfer any updates here too please.

Good that Gareth updated the Sunshine anniversary release. Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

I've decided to personally write you all a message - as I haven't done so for a while and also a lot of you are asking questions about next year and my professional plans.

Firstly, I am extremely sad that Footloose is coming to an end. I've had so much fun playing Willard. I surprised myself, my critics and the thousands of people I had the pleasure of performing in front of across the whole of the UK. This role has re-kindled my love for musical theatre, and more-so acting.

Which begs the question, why am I not doing another musical next year? A question a lot of you have asked. The simple answer being, I don't want to!

I've had a couple of great offers to jump straight into another musical theatre show immediately after Panto. But for personal reasons, I turned them down.

The main reason being, I'm struggling being away from my beautiful daughter. Missy is now 8, and it dawned upon me this year that I'm missing too much of her growing up. I'm missing out on the normal things that a father gets to do with his daughter; Picking her up from school, making her dinner, doing her homework, putting her bed. Normal things that being away in countless different cities 6 days a week prevents me from doing.

Don't get me wrong, I love my job. And I am so grateful for everything I'm given in life, but to jump straight into another year long contract that keeps me from my daughter will do me more damage than good.

This is why I've decided to fill my diary with gigs for the first half of next year. I can do a couple of gigs each week and spend the rest of my week being daddy! Making me and my little angel very happy!! It also allows me to spend more time with the 3 F's in my life; Family, Friends and Faye ! - all of which I don't see nearly as much as I'd like to!

Another positive in doing this is; the more gigs I do, the more I enjoy my own music and the more I want to write! So maybe 2019 is the year I actually sit down and write this new album! I've already spoken to Pete about this and we're both super excited that we get the chance to spend more time with each other and create new music.

The plan will then be to do another Musical Theatre show is Autumn 2018 and/or Spring 2019. I'm already in talks with a couple of producers about potential shows - exciting.

As most of you can hear - my voice is getting stronger and stronger - which is a relief. I was so worried. But this clean living and focus is doing wonders !

This focus comes from my plan to conquer the business world! I love it. I know a lot of you have been concerned and said 'please don't stop singing' - are you kidding?! Singing is my life, I'll NEVER STOP!! The focus on business only contributes to my singing / performing career - I love success. It gives me drive. And this spills over into every area of my life. So please don't worry - I'll always perform!

I appreciate all of your concerns at times and feel very lucky to have such a caring fan base - Just know that what ever path I choose, I choose very carefully and with much deliberation - and there's always a purpose or a reason for me choosing that path.

Thank you all for your continued loved and support.

Right, I've rambled on for too long, and have a show to do! I have a stinking cold - so I'm going to dose myself up and lather myself in baby oil !

Much love,

Gareth

LoveShow More Reactions
Comment

Thanks so much Sylvia. I think it's brilliant that Gareth has sent a message which obviously comes from the heart as he is concerned about negative comments recently. All of us who have family can totally understand what he is saying and especially the fact that he wants to spend more time with Missy, this is very much to his credit, he is such a brilliant daddy and he will do anything to keep the wonderful relationship he seems to have with her.

I totally understand why he wouldn't want to commit to another musical so soon after Footloose, I can't imagine spending your life being in a different place every week, especially if you don't have to and Gareth is in a position to be able to choose what he does - he's spent the last ten years of his life travelling the country and abroad  and I think that we as fans have to accept that he should be able to do what is best for him - if that means less and much smaller shows then we should accept that.

As a fan of Gareth from his very first appearance on Pop Idol, I'm just happy that I've had  such good and happy times  seeing his various and very varied shows, and I've also made some very good friends in the process. 

Guest NicolaJayne

I have just read Gareth’s message on Facebook.

i think it’s very brave of him to turn down rmusical theatre roles but fully understand his very good reasons for doing so. He has travelled such a lot with all the musical theatre shows and it must be very difficult living out of a suitcase and takes its toll on family life and relationships. So time to take a break. I also appreciate him explaining his plans and reasons for them to us his fans. We have all been mistified about the lack of musical theatre and it’s reassuring to know the reasons why.

16 hours ago, ValR said:

Thanks so much Sylvia. I think it's brilliant that Gareth has sent a message which obviously comes from the heart as he is concerned about negative comments recently. All of us who have family can totally understand what he is saying and especially the fact that he wants to spend more time with Missy, this is very much to his credit, he is such a brilliant daddy and he will do anything to keep the wonderful relationship he seems to have with her.

I totally understand why he wouldn't want to commit to another musical so soon after Footloose, I can't imagine spending your life being in a different place every week, especially if you don't have to and Gareth is in a position to be able to choose what he does - he's spent the last ten years of his life travelling the country and abroad  and I think that we as fans have to accept that he should be able to do what is best for him - if that means less and much smaller shows then we should accept that.

As a fan of Gareth from his very first appearance on Pop Idol, I'm just happy that I've had  such good and happy times  seeing his various and very varied shows, and I've also made some very good friends in the process. 

Thanks for posting this Sylvia.

Valr I agree with everything you have said.

He is certainly a very caring person and I think we are lucky to be fans of his.

To put his daughter first is indeed very endearing and he probably realises how quick she is growing up and just wants to make the most of this time.

Yes Heather the message is well thought out and the right words say it all.

It has made me quite emotional.

Guest NicolaJayne

No one can fail to agree that Gareth's performance  in Footloose was nothing short of amazing. But is anyone else like me a little worried that turning down two musical theatre roles to spend time with family could come back to haunt him. I just hope that he is not forgotten when he decides that he is ready to go back to touring and musical theatre. I just don't want Gareth to disappear again. 

I think I have posted this in the wrong thread, really sorry. If anyone wants to move it to Message from Gareth in chat then thats fine, I don't know how. 

I have managed to move them Elaine and Khelda (surprised we still have the option).

Elaine I would feel the same but like Khelda says Gareth has confirmed another Musical Theatre show in Autumn 2018 and/or Spring 2019.

It is amazing that he has already been offered 2 roles to walk into straight after Panto so we are lucky offers are still on the table. I think Gareth's message has confirmed he is in control and knows what he wants to do and where he wants to be.

Guest NicolaJayne

Yes he did say that kelda and Chris didn’t he, so I feel more assured now. I always expected him to be offered something special after all the fantastic reviews he received for his performances in Footloose as no one could have played his part better. I think I just felt disappointed  having to wait so long for it but It’s  just me being impatient. Seems such a long way off the autumn of 2018 and maybe even spring of 2019, but i’m Sure whatever it is will be worth the wait.

Gareth knows what he wants and now has the confidence to do it, we just have to trust him.

There is no way I could get my husband on a P & O Cruise to see Gareth, but never mind as I am now booked for the panto and  a Pizza Express venue.

Thank you for moving my post Chris. 

• 8 months later...

Posted on Gareth face book page today.

Hi Guys
Firstly sorry there has not been a collective gig update for a while, we have been working hard to get one for you as we know not everyone uses all sites , these are confirmed. Some you will know about and some are new !

Gareth HQ x

21/11/18 - 24/11/18- P&O Cruise: Britannia. Limelight Room
15/11/18 - Brangwyn Hall, Swansea
02/11/18 - Diamond & Ice Charity Ball, Bournemouth
13/10/18 - Live Show: Butlins, Skegness
12/10/18 - Live Show: Butlins, Bognor Regis
07/10/18 - St Alban Arena Anniversary Concert, St Albans.
06/10/18 - Acoustic Gig: Revelation St Mary’s, Ashford.
22/09/18 - Bolton Pride
15/09/18 - Acoustic Gig: The Lincoln IMP, Gloucester Ave, Scunthorpe.
08/09/18 - David Lloyd Bolton, Live Band gig
07/09/18 - David Lloyd Manchester North, Live Band gig
25/07/18 - Jacaranda, Ibiza
23/08/18 & 24/08/18 - Hemsby Beach Holiday Village
14/08/18 – 16/08/18 – P&O Cruise: Britannia. Limelight Room
02/08/18 – 05/08/18 – P&O Cruise: Britannia. Limelight Room
28/07/18 - Live Gig Beverley Holiday Park - Devon
23/07/18 - Jacaranda, Ibiza

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On the Britannia Facebook closed group, people are talking about the Limelight club and who they should book to see whilst on board . I'm amazed at the comments about Gareth. Some people are disappointed he will not be on their cruise as they wanted to see him.Others who have seen Gareth are saying if you get a chance to see him on the cruise  then go.The comments are that his shows are " Brilliant" "Amazing" and he is so lovely and friendly,  not one negative comment.

Some of the other artists performing  have mixed comments.