Announcements on Gareth's Website & Facebook

Val4Gareth

I was a bit concerned when I read the ITV article about the band carrying on after the ITV show and couldn't help asking Gareth if he was still going to be pursuing his solo career. Don't know if it prompted this message on his FB page but its definitely put my mind at rest.

Gareth is very excited to be working with 5th story and is very much enjoying being in a band. However we would like to reassure fans that this won't be affecting his solo plans - and we will have more news in that area very soon!

Stay tuned - and thanks for your continued belief and support in Gareth

Admin
x

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest NicolaJayne

Good to get the message from Admin Val, as I think a lot of Gareth's fans will have worried about his solo career if he continues with

5th story.

I have just seen the first advert for Big Reunion on ITV took me by surprise Gareth was on first and showed a pic of him back in the day with his spikes. he was also speaking about the show.

• What can we say?! Thank you once again. It’s been a tough week for Gareth, Ill for half of it and still filming 2 shows. But next week..... JUST skating. For the first time in months, just the one job to do.. So whatever happens from here, he can just enjoy it.
    Next week is a tough one! We’ll get you another message from Gareth as soon as we can. Stay tuned!

We have some more exciting news to bring you in a couple of weeks as well, it’s a great 2014 so far!

Admin
    x

We locked this thread as we wanted it to just be an information thread, but have now decided that you wouldn't be able to add any new news so have unlocked it again.

Perhaps we could keep it just for new information and use other threads to discuss any new announcements rather than discuss them in here.

Please make sure if you find any new event or message from Gareth or his Admin that you post it here as well as in a separate thread.

Awww another lovely message from Gareth :)

Hey everyone! Thanks once more for Sunday! Team effort !! I'm glad you're all on my side - what amazing support ..
It might be the first week I've only had one job to do, in 4 months... But we've had 2 routines to learn!!!
If I don't win in the duel - I will need you all the more... But hopefully I can get through and give your phone fingers - and wallets a rest !! Ill do my best...

We had to choose a song this week - when you hear the opening bars you'll know it's me!!

In other news actually managed to get a night off and go to the cinema - saw 12 years a Slave... Wow! Such a powerful film, best I've seen in a long time!..

Anyway see you all on the other side!!

I'm also on This Morning Monday with 5th story so look out for us !

Lots of love

Gareth xx

So! You get to give your voting fingers a rest - only for a week! - we think Gareth did great and that last lift was very impressive!
Tune in to see Gareth tomorrow on This Morning with 5th story talking about the Big Reunion, soon after midday. We'll have some more messages from Gareth coming very soon!

Now you just get to enjoy the rest of the show..

Admin
x

Posted today on Gareth's Website and Facebook

The Big Reunion starts this Thursday at 9pm on ITV2. The first episode features Eternal and A1 but also touches on the 5th Story ‘story’. The series runs for 8 weeks. http://www.itv.com/thebigreunion The 5th Story boys are also on This Morning today at 12.15pm.

Guest NicolaJayne

Thanks for the message Val, somone put a tweet up to say tickets go on sale for the tour at Hammersmith as soon as the show finishes, do you think he means as soon as all 8 shows are finished do you think? Also said that they sold out in 5 mins last year.

Nice to see Gareth on This Morning

So today we have:

5th story interviews / photos in:
The Sun
The Mirror

Big Reunion piece in Heat mag.

Sorry for the delay – wifi down in GG HQ !
We just wanted to let you know that with regards to the headline in The Sun today, Gareth didn’t use those words. It’s not a huge deal – but it’s just not something Gareth would say, so we felt it important to let you know.

Admin
X

Best announcement yet.

12 years on from the inaugural series of Pop Idol, Gareth releases his Very Best of compilation, which includes his number one hits, fan favourites and a new acoustic session featuring three outstanding new self-penned songs, recorded this year.

The Very Best of Gareth Gates is available to pre-order now:http://smarturl.it/VeryBestofGarethG

Everyone remembers the ‘Will vs Gareth’ final of Pop Idol. But the reality was that there were two winners. Each won a recording contract and went on to have countless number ones and million selling singles. Gareth has since sold over 5.3 million records worldwide.

Gareth’s version of ‘Unchained Melody’ went on to become the 3rd best selling single of the noughties, and sits within the top 50 biggest selling UK singles of all time. ‘Anyone Of Us’ was a hit across Europe, Asia and Australia. ‘Spirit In The Sky saw him join forces with The Kumars, raise money for Comic Relief and have a number one single to boot.

After a break from TV to fulfil his West End dreams (Gareth starred in Joseph And The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Les Misérables and Legally Blonde, amongst others), 2014 sees Gareth busier than ever. Not only is he appearing in the final Dancing On Ice series (the ‘All-Stars’ series, which sees the return of past winners and favourites) but also filming for Series 2 of The Big Reunion as part of the band 5th Story.

Gareth said: “I’ve had a great time in theatre over the past 5 years and I definitely want to do more! But I’ve also missed being a popstar if I’m honest. The Very Best Of is a brilliant way to celebrate the past and show what I’m capable of now, with the acoustic sessions. I’m really proud of all these songs and I hope they really show how I’ve grown as an artist.”

Tracklisting

1. Anyone Of Us (Stupid Mistake)
2. Unchained Melody
3. Spirit In The Sky
4. The Long And Winding Road (Will Young & Gareth Gates)
5. Suspicious Minds
6. What My Heart Wants To Say
7. Sunshine
8. Say It Isn’t So
9. Sentimental
10. With You All The Time
11. Hold On Tight [Acoustic]
12. Free [Acoustic]
13. Stay [Acoustic]