Best of Gareth CD release 10 March 2014

eternal

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NicolaJayne

Neither do I it will be interesting to keep an eye on it and see what information comes later but as it's only £4 00 it's a bargain anyway if you order something else you don't pay postage.

Just looked at more details and it says:

• Audio CD (10 Mar 2014)
  • Number of Discs: 1
  • Label: Sony Music CMG

So I think its Sony trying to cash in on Gareth higher profile now, and it probably is without Gareth's knowing, like the one they released from Will when Will was not with them anymore.

Sony unfortunately have the rights to Gareth first 2 album.

Guest NicolaJayne

That means we will have them all, I did think maybe a couple of new ones may be added. But. As Maureen has just said in an e -mail Ali asked what were our favourite songs of Gareth's so maybe it was to decide what to put on this album, as they would have had to ask permission from Gareth's management before releasing such an album.

Well we knew this was coming but didn't expect this. Wooppee!!!

12 years on from the inaugural series of Pop Idol, Gareth releases his Very Best of compilation, which includes his number one hits, fan favourites and a new acoustic session featuring three outstanding new self-penned songs, recorded this year.

The Very Best of Gareth Gates is available to pre-order now:http://smarturl.it/VeryBestofGarethG

Everyone remembers the ‘Will vs Gareth’ final of Pop Idol. But the reality was that there were two winners. Each won a recording contract and went on to have countless number ones and million selling singles. Gareth has since sold over 5.3 million records worldwide.

Gareth’s version of ‘Unchained Melody’ went on to become the 3rd best selling single of the noughties, and sits within the top 50 biggest selling UK singles of all time. ‘Anyone Of Us’ was a hit across Europe, Asia and Australia. ‘Spirit In The Sky saw him join forces with The Kumars, raise money for Comic Relief and have a number one single to boot.

After a break from TV to fulfil his West End dreams (Gareth starred in Joseph And The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Les Misérables and Legally Blonde, amongst others), 2014 sees Gareth busier than ever. Not only is he appearing in the final Dancing On Ice series (the ‘All-Stars’ series, which sees the return of past winners and favourites) but also filming for Series 2 of The Big Reunion as part of the band 5th Story.

Gareth said: “I’ve had a great time in theatre over the past 5 years and I definitely want to do more! But I’ve also missed being a popstar if I’m honest. The Very Best Of is a brilliant way to celebrate the past and show what I’m capable of now, with the acoustic sessions. I’m really proud of all these songs and I hope they really show how I’ve grown as an artist.”

Tracklisting

1. Anyone Of Us (Stupid Mistake)
2. Unchained Melody
3. Spirit In The Sky
4. The Long And Winding Road (Will Young & Gareth Gates)
5. Suspicious Minds
6. What My Heart Wants To Say
7. Sunshine
8. Say It Isn’t So
9. Sentimental
10. With You All The Time
11. Hold On Tight [Acoustic]
12. Free [Acoustic]
13. Stay [Acoustic]

This has been announced on Gareth's OS today .

[url=[url=[url=http://www.garethgates.com/2014/02/sony-music-to-release-the-very-best-of-gareth-gates-on-10th-march-2014/?fb_action_ids=10202201753259161&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=[809264872422552]&action_type_map=[]http://www.garethgates.com/2014/02/sony-music-to-release-the-very-best-of-gareth-gates-on-

HERE

Tracklisting

1. Anyone Of Us (Stupid Mistake)

2. Unchained Melody

3. Spirit In The Sky

4. The Long And Winding Road (Will Young & Gareth Gates)

5. Suspicious Minds

6. What My Heart Wants To Say

7. Sunshine

8. Say It Isn’t So

9. Sentimental

10. With You All The Time

11. Hold On Tight [Acoustic]

12. Free [Acoustic]

13. Stay [Acoustic]

Gareth Gates This album is on the Sony label and as the album Pictures of the Other Side was a Universal Music release unfortunately those tracks couldn't be included on this album - but we hope the new exclusive songs make up for that!
Admin

This is in answer to some people wondering why none of 'Pictures of the other side' songs are on this.

Guest NicolaJayne

I have ordered mine too, but didn't notice if it's on sale right away or not and ordered a DVD and a book at the same time, so if it's not on sale yet they may keep the other items back.

It will be lovely to have an album with the new songs on.

Guest NicolaJayne

Yes thanks for posting the news Khelda and Val for the video, just answered my question as Gareth said it is on sale March 10th so will have to wait over a month for it, never mind it's ordered now, let's just hope the release date is not delayed for any reason like the last CD with Gareth on that we ordered and thought was never going to arrive.

Guest NicolaJayne

Thank you Chris just found out from the other thread with link to Gareth's video message. Well never mind it's ordered now just hope the release date is not changed and we don't have to wait longer.