Dancing On Ice Live Tour 2014

Guest NicolaJayne

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When I read on twitter that Gareth was singing whilst skating, I thought it was under his breath. I didn't for a minute think it was actual singing. How wonderful for him and for all those people there.

How brilliant is this?

Lets hope he does it in Birmingham this weekend!

Just back from the show. Really great show, So emotional watching Jayne & Chris dancing to Bolero for the last time. Gareth was fantastic. His skating has really improved and he sang Isn't She Lovely while skating with Brianne. Jayne joked about him being the `Singing Skater' and suggested that would be a good title for a TV show. (wouldn't that be great).

*SPOILER ALERT*

Went to the show yesterday with Val and Yvonne.

Have to say it was brilliant from beginning to end.

All the skaters were great and the show, which featured routines from both the professionals on their own, as well as the stars made you realise how far the stars have come. For me some of the stars were better than the professionals.

For all I love Dan as one of the professionals the standout performance for me was Lucas (I think that's how it's spelt) with his professional partner. He was awesome.

All the stars performed brilliantly. Loved all the stars' routines especially Ray's skating to Robin Thicke but quite surprised Suzanne Shaw was the final star to appear.

This review says Joe stole the show the show. Whilst he didn't, he did contribute immensely to an afternoon of great entertainment. I have seen criticism of him from other sites saying it should be all about the skating but it was skating only from a different angle. There is not every man that would skate before 10,000 people, wearing a pink off the shoulder dress!

Gareth's skating was obviously why we were there. It was anticipated and well worth the wait. I love the grey shiny suit so that was a bonus and Gareth's skating has definitely improved and of course it's a big rink so he was able to cover it with grace, skating to Patience.

After each of the stars skates they were handed the mic and there was a bit of banter between couples and Jayne and Chris. Whilst this may have proved difficult for Gareth, he was handed the mic and asked which he preferred singing or skating. He replied singing and Chris Dean asked the audience if they would like to hear him sing. There was a huge cheer and Gareth went out on the rink (bearing in mind he was out of breath having just skated his routine) and sang I'snt She Lovely, whilst skating with Brianne. It was so so lovely and Gareth's voice sounded absolutely perfect in this great arena. He received a great reception from the audience. Having read that Gareth had been singing at some events we weren't sure if it would happen yesterday but it looks like it could be the format of the day. Anyone going-you are in for a treat. It was for me, the highlight of the day. :jump:

Jayne and Chris end the show not only with their Ravel's Bolero but with a few words about their 30 year journey to this point. It was a lump in the throat moment. Jayne Torville finished with " This is not Goodbye just Good Afternoon" so there is obviously plans ahead for them.

There wasn't one seat available in this arena on this performance but for anyone thinking shall I try and get a last minute ticket, don't delay. It is worth every penny spent.

Guest NicolaJayne

Thank you for your brilliant report Chris and so envious of you experiencing Gareth singing while he skated, wish he had done that at Wembley. Skating is difficult enough but I think singing while skating is something only Gareth would attempt. Pleased you all had a good time, it's a wonderful show.