Gareth on Twitter

Val4Gareth

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NicolaJayne

Thank you for the info on the show Chris, it is a beautiful huge theatre and the show is normally 30 e, no matter where you sit, it's a very lavish variety and laser show that changes every year.we also have been there for the last 3 or 4 years as if you stay at a servico hotel it is free every Wednesday night, which is because it is owned by Servico hotels and there are about 4 or 5 of their hotels in Benidorm,

This show must just have been a one off.but ironicallyy we are usually there at this time, only reason we can't go this year and went earlier is because we mind our grandson in term time.

Thought this might have been a charity gig which would have been why Gareth would have wanted to appear to support the charity. I had thought it unlikely that he would fly out to Spain on his one day off between venues unless it was for a good cause. Whether his illness this week, causing his absence from Footloose for two days, was because of this or would have happened anyway, we will never know. I understand how disappointing it is when he has to take time off (I missed the show in Birmingham because Gareth wasn't appearing - but at least I knew in advance). However it is unrealistic to expect any member of the cast to get through an extended run without falling ill at some stage. I've seen the show five times now and only once or twice (in Bradford and possibly Bristol) were there no understudies performing. I just hope that Gareth's illness this week was not because of his vocal cords this time.

Thanks for finding the video advertising the show, Heather.

• 3 months later...

Following the death of George Micheal on Christmas Day Gareth tweeted this:

Such a sad day. We lose another legend. I met George Michael a couple of times. He was such a lovely man, and what a talent. Rest in peace x

This was picked up by the Sun newspaper too as one of the tributes

A reminder of Gareth singing George Micheal

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...