We Are Officially 10 Years Old Today!

Yorksheather

We Are Officially 10 Years Old Today!! 10604.png

It all began with an idea for a Gareth Gates fansite run exclusively by fans, way back in 2004.
The idea was worked on, the site paid for, rules established and with all the i's dotted and the t's crossed, on 13/11/04, it was announced we were open for business.

With reports from Asia, China, USA, Europe and UK Snowdrop, the team and registered users have worked hard to make this site as interesting as possible, bringing Gareth news fresh off the press (in some cases ahead of the press)!

We have together celebrated Gareth's voice, his awards, his tours, appearances and all things Gareth. We've commiserated too, on the not so good times (thankfully few in number).

This site has been responsible for bringing together many Gareth fans, uniting at concerts and appearances and lots of true friendships formed. (Gareth will never know of the shared train journeys, nights in bus stations and overcrowded hotel rooms)!

We sadly remember the loss of dedicated fans too- Gareth's Hot Chick (Nicola), Pepper(Anita), her daughter Sweetie Pie (Tracey) and Babygates (Ruth).

We thank Gareth for all his hard work, continuing to entertain us and those who have contributed to make this site a special place to be a Gareth Gates fan.

(We must also thank our patient other halves, children and friends who have at times been neglected, in favour of many an hour spent posting on GPG)

Here's to the next 10 years!

Have to apologise if the site is playing up for anyone else today (as it is for a couple of us). It must be a 10 year hitch!

This is from Nichola Jayne (I wasn't allowed to split a post)

Thank you to all the staff and moderators who have made this the wonderful site that it is. 10 years is a fantastic achievement for a fan site, lots have come and gone in that time. So thank you again for all the hard work you have put in and here's to the next 10 years

Yes there have been a lot who have come and gone.I am sure many are still supporting Gareth in their own way but just not posting on here (although we are sure many still read).

It does take up a lot of time and I don't know if others realise we have to pay annually to keep it going too.

If it helps support Gareth in some way and creates a community where we can all share stuff, then it's all worth it.

Congratulations to the site on it's 10 year Anniversary and many thanks to all who work so hard to keep it going and bring us all latest news. Without this site I wouldn't have know about so many shows and concerts. I've also wouldn't have made some good friends who I've been able to go to these shows with.

Here's to the next 10 years!

Doesn't time fly! I love this site and, although I don't post as often as I should, I do visit regularly to help keep up-to-date with everything Gareth is doing. I've also met some lovely members and joined them at concerts, where it's great to be able to talk about Mr Gates with like-minded people.

Congratulations on the 10-year anniversary and many thanks to those who started the site and those who keep it running now. I look forward to the next 10 years on here and to following Gareth's journey as he continues to delight us with his fantastic voice at concerts, gigs, musical theatre and whatever else he has planned.

I just wanted to say congratulations on the site's 10 year anniversary and thank you to everyone who makes this site possible. I apologies that I am not always on, and that I don't post often. I do enjoy coming on and reading posts and finding out what's new. I love being apart of the site, it always feels like a little community, like a family that's always welcoming. I've been fortunate to have formed some great friendships through this site. It's been a really pleasure supporting Gareth with you all. Here's to the next 10 years! xx

I love this site and, although I don't post as often as I should, I do visit regularly to help keep up-to-date with everything Gareth is doing. I've also met some lovely members and joined them at concerts, where it's great to be able to talk about Mr Gates with like-minded people.

Any posting is encouraging.

The forum has always given the opportunity for people to make friends and ultimately in some cases attend gigs together.

I love being apart of the site, it always feels like a little community, like a family that's always welcoming.

Thankyou. That is our aim.

WOW congratulations on 10 years :thumbsup:

I havent been here for a VERY long time but have continued to follow and support Gareth in everything he has done over the years.

I am going to see him tomorrow (first time in a long time) which is the reason I decided to pop back and see if you guys were still here :wave:

I'm so unbelievably excited :jump: and fingers crossed the meet and greet is still on.. been waiting for this moment since I was 16 (I turned 29 last week!!) eeekkk!!

Anyways guys, congratulations again and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :thumbsup::turned: xx

Thanks to all of you for the work you have put in and continue to put in to make this a fantastic site. Here's to another 10yrs.

Yvonne, you and your daughter are two of the most long standing fans. There from the start and still here today.You remain very loyal and very much in the background.

Thankyou for all your contributions too :thumbsup:

Just to say we have never over the last 10 years asked for any acknowledgement from Gareth. The site has been run purely out of support for him. Today he began following us on Twitter (@GPG.net) :thumbsup: so we regard it as ackowledgement, for which we are grateful.