First night of the tour Islington pics added

Guest NicolaJayne

Guest NicolaJayne

Went to Islington Assembly Hall tonight with Linda and Natasha. I didn't have meet and greet tickets as I never knew it was a meet and greet when I booked and when I did find out from Natasha rang Gigantic tickets where I got my tickets from only to be told that they didn't sell M&G tickets so got in touch with Live Nation only to be told the same thing. So feeling very dissapointed and only a few days before the show rang the venue and eventually got sorted to pay the difference at the Box Office to upgrade when we got there. So after about 45 mins in the pouring rain and we were in the theatre for the M&G before the show. and were almost at the front of the queue just Jesse and her Mum in front of us. So before we knew it we were in the room with Gareth having a few words with him and having our pic taken, we also got a lovely poster that Gareth signed personally.. He was his usual happy self and you would never have guessed the stressful week he had had with his throat.he looked very fit as usual but sporting a very short haircut, but with Gareth's bone structure he can carry it off.We were lucky to bag front seats as we were near the beginning of the queue so one of the first out of the M&G Had to sit through the girl group Cherry B again but have to say they had improved since seeing them last, must have been practising LOL Then it was time for Jai McDowell, I don't care for him as his songs are all pretty similar and I find them quite boring , but not as much talking this time and telling all the jokes that were wasted on us because we couldn't understand what he was saying down to his strong Scottish ascent. Then the show really started with Pete coming on stage first with the other member of his band, sorry don't remember his name. . For anyone else going we were at the right side of the stage and it was the best place to be as it was right in front of Gareth playing his piano. Gareth sang many more of his own songs and lots of his early hits, many that he also accompanied himself on the piano. Also not forgetting the rock classics that are his favourites and including his new songs this time. Which FREE has to be my favourite.His very last number after numerous shouts for more was SITS with a difference as he also played the piano to his singing. At the end Gareth thanked various people his band and the management at the venue along with Ali, who was there with him. He said it had been a very stressful week for her as he lost his voice then it came back again, then he lost it again and it came back again. He gave a fantastic performance like the true professional that he is but it was obvious at times that he was still having problems with his throat, Just hope he is on the mend now as it's not for the want of trying judging by all the medication shown in the Twitter pic that he has in his Dressing Room. It was a seated venue but almost as soon as Gareth was on stage everyone was on there feet and it was a party atmosphere. This I have to say is the best gig I have been to, and I didn't think they could get any better but Gareth playing the piano was amazing and a real treat. I think everyone really enjoyed it and as we had seen Gareth before the show, we could get straight of after and not wait around with the crowds that had already started to gather at the stage door. No problems getting home this time and Brian met us at Cockfosters to drive us the rest of the way home but partied with Tasha at Islington for her to get her train home to Easton and then on to Leighton Buzzard. I will upload my pics tomorrow as they are still on my camera and I have uploaded a video on Facebook but not sure how to post it on here. Forgot to say that when Gareth went along getting hold of everyone's hands I held on to it a little bit longer and he said let go off my hand Elaine LOL

First pic of Linda, second one of me.

post-43-0-06338800-1416219378_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-74277400-1416219512_thumb.jpg

Awww, Nicola.. what a lovely review! :turned:

I'm off to see him tomorrow at the Glee Club in Birmingham.. got meet and greet too :thumbsup: eeeekkkk!! (SO excited, I cant sleep LOL)

REALLY wanna get seats by the front too so hopefully my sister will agree for us to get there that little bit earlier.. will post a review of tomorrow when I'm home!! Can't wait to see ur pics :turned: xx

Guest NicolaJayne

I would advise you to get there about 45 or 50 minutes before 6 00pm to be in with a chance to be near the front of the queue to get seats near t the front.

Thanks for your detailed report Elaine , it gives a good idea of the show. It sounds like a good evening for you with everything going well . Had to laugh though at Gareth's 'get off my hand Elaine ' lol . I'm looking forward to your pics .

There are some pics here from the show , I'm not too keen on Gareth's hair cut so short .

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/gareth-gates-performs-on-stage-at-o2-islington-academy-on-news-photo/459094308

Guest NicolaJayne

Gareth's hair was very short shaved at the sides, think I prefer it a bit longer but it's the current trend.

Don't know how to put the. Ideo on here sorry Khelda

Great report Elaine and the first from the first night of the Tour. Thanks.

I love when Gareth told you to get off his hand.

Hope you have finally come down after the excitement.

There are some pics here from the show , I'm not too keen on Gareth's hair cut so short .
http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/gareth-gates-performs-on-stage-at-o2-islington-academy-on-news-photo/459094308

They are fabulous pictures Heather. Love the second one in- the serious one.

Guest NicolaJayne

We here goes, it's not on my I pad but on my I phone

Well it compressed but just think the file is too big as that is what happened when I tried to e-mail it to my I pad

We here goes, it's not on my I pad but on my I phone

Well it compressed but just think the file is too big as that is what happened when I tried to e-mail it to my I pad

You need to upload it to YouTube Elaine. There should be a symbol which says YouTube. If you click on it, it uploads itself. That's what I do on my iPad.