Tour Night No2.. Birmingham Glee Club (Video SPOILER added)

GarethLuvva21

Well, what a bloomin awesome night I have had!

Didn't think much of Cherry Bomb, voices aren't too bad but they definitely need to work on their chemistry as a group!

Wasn't expecting much from Jai either but he really surprised me and was actually very, very good :)

Now about the main man himself.. Mr Gareth Gates..

He was absolutely incredible even with a poorly voice! You could tell he was really struggling in some points but the crowd were awesome and sang along when he found it difficult. Gareth is an amazing musician and I loved the intimacy of the show. Although his throat is clearly very sore, he still interacted with the crowd and put his personality across.

At the end of the show, I got told off for getting on stage to get Gareth's empty water bottle LOL but I got it and I'm keeping it haha.

And of course, the ultimate part was to finally get to meet him. He is the ultimate gentleman and I have well and truly fallen in love with him all over again! I am on cloud 9 and loving it! Only bad thing is that it's now over lol.. I will go to bed a very happy lady tonight!!

Hope everyone going to upcoming dates have the most amazing time :) xx

Garethluvva21 have sent you a pm!

So pleased you had a great night. We had a fab night.

I sort of agree with you about the Cherry Bomb girls. They had great voices but do need to work on their chemistry. However, think that will come the more they are performing. What an opportunity for them to support Gareth too. They spoke of him kindly and respectfully, I thought.

Jai wasn't my cup of tea, I'm afraid.

What an amazing night for Gareth and for the fans too. :jump:

If I am honest I wasn't too sure about the Glee Club as it is mostly known as a Comedy venue but establishing itself with Real Music artists. When I met a friend for coffee earlier that day, she said how lucky I was seeing Gareth in such an intimate venue and she was right. The venue was ideal.

Gareth was fantastic, quite obviously struggling with his voice but he never let it deter him from singing.

His playing of the piano was a huge, huge bonus. The songs he chose (which Val and Yvonne may be able to remember more than me) showed off his piano skills amazingly. ( :shiftyninja: I am not sure Yvonne will tell you how she shot up from her chair and applauded him for the medley :shiftyninja: ?)

Gareth loved every minute of being on that stage and the audience loved every minute of him being there too.

Birmingham loved him.

Anyone going to any of the other venues, you are in for a treat.

Guest NicolaJayne

Thank you Chris and Garethluvva21 for your lovely reports on the show. Gareth must have been pleased to have family in the audience at Birmingham

I also thought his piano playing was such a bonus and really show cased his talents

But what a shame that Gareth has waited all this time for the tour and now having problems with his throat, must be a nightmare for him and Alli.

Fingers crossed for him for the remainder of the tour and hope the medication he is taking works,

Must say that Cherry Bomb had improved greatly since we saw them last but not my cup of tea and neither was Jai, only good thing was he had cut out all the jokes that no one could understand.

Thank you Chris and Garethluvva21 for your lovely reports, loved reading them. Sounds like the tour is going down a treat. Shame about Gareth's voice, but I think he is taking on too much. With the reunion tour, the panto and his own gigs, now his tour. He really needs to rest his voice sometime.

Shame I cant go to this tour, but loving reading all the reports of people who do go. :thumbsup:

Had the best night ever last night. Watching Gareth really lifted my spirits. Was fantastic watching him sing while playing keyboards. The group was enhanced with the addition of a drummer (Andy or Adam, not sure which) who also alternated on keyboards when Gareth wasn't playing. Gareth sang every song on his Greatest Hits album with the exception of Long & Winding Road. Was amazing hearing him sing `That's When You Know' live.

It was heartbreaking seeing how much pain he was in with his voice and throat. I hope for those going to the other shows that it holds out as he seems determined to complete them, but I really hope he takes a long enough break afterwards to get completely well.

The venue was completely packed and we think they even brought out more seats at the back as there were certainly seats close to the bar which weren't there when we arrived.

What a shame we weren't able to meet each other GarethLuvva2, but so glad you enjoyed the show, not that there was any doubt you wouldn't. Can't imagine anyone not enjoying seeing Gareth perform last night.

Only downside of the night for me was that the poster and VIP tag that Gareth signed so lovely for me, must have fallen out of my bag without me realizing and I've lost it. :thumbsdown: He wrote a lovely message in it too.

I thought Cherry Bomb Girls were very good. Not sure what you mean about their togetherness. Jai did nothing at all for me just like last time I saw him, but he did cope quite well with his backing track letting him down. Even sang the same song twice because of it.

Such a shame you couldn't get to one of the shows Khelda. You'd have loved seeing Gareth playing piano. :hug:

Aww Val, how heartbreaking for you to lose your signed gifts :( think I would actually cry :'( Gareth was so lovely and happily signed his two books for me. My heart completely melted when he said 'it's nice to meet you babe' <3 I wish I could have said more to him but I was shaking and lost all my words although I did manage to ask him how his throat was.. He chuckled and said it's ok. Still keep looking at all my photos, can't believe I was so close. Will add photos when I can get online properly. Oooo and to add to the awesomeness of last night.. Gareth followed me on Twitter this morning. After yesterday, my life is complete :) xx

Thanks for everyone posting your reports , sounds a great night . Thanks for your really good quality vids Val, they are all good but I particularly liked the Medley ,and loved Gareth singing Thinking Out Loud . I've not been able to get to a concert for nearly 2 years , so great to see some of it.

Val it's great that you recorded those songs. They are brilliant.

That's when you know has to be my favourite with the Medley close second.

Gareth's voice seems even more husky on the recordings.

Thankyou for doing them. It's always appreciated.

Tonight seems a little flat. :thumbsdown:

Guest NicolaJayne

Thank you for your brilliant report Val, but really sad that you lost the VIP, tag especially as it was signed, Still had mine round my neck when I got home, just had trouble finding my ticket for the tube home. Knew it was in a save place but so many compartments in my purse and store cards.

Thank you also for the video's that I will watch later as Brian is watching the football.

Awww thank you for your lovely reports Garethluvva, Chris and Val :) I agree it was so sad to see he was in pain with his throat :( I loved every minute of the gig though :) the only thing I didn't enjoy was worrying about his voice but no one could pull it off and remain the cheerful self he always seems to be, only a true star could do that :)

I'm sorry to hear you lost your poster Val :( and your tag, what he wrote was really sweet and thoughtful, bless him. x

Guest NicolaJayne

Now watched your video's Val , they are really good quality and you have done well to transfer them to here and also You Tube

, you will have to let me know how as I haven't a clue.

had a great time on Monday night seeing gareth gates was so glad could take mom with us this time as she not seen him in yonks,we went by taxi as was not much difference to bus fair with there being 4 of us plus after the doi mini stroke I try not to over do it.we got there early as always lol I spotted gareth going down the street I recognised him from his bum lol and the white fur trim on his louis Vuitton jacket. might aswell say as mom told him lmao how embarrassing lol.decided to go in the green rom for a sit down as it was cold I just had a tiramusu which I shared with mom ,mom had a coffee too met Hayley and jade there. we waited outside for ages and saw jai McDowell but did,nt realise it was him lol he was looking for way in lol.saw val and Yvonne and chris and linda arrive when they went restraunt a lot started lining up I had giggle at mom telling people this was the front of the queue lol you know some try it on lol mostly the younger ones lol.was quite await before doors was opened was so chilly too but worth it went up these stairs poor mom bless her struggling. got up there and guy called us over to give us vip tag pass thingy we noticed gareth I was panicking since I had,nt got my camera out or my coat off lol. andrea went first so I had chance to get prepaired lol man took my photo which came out lovely. gave gareth some peppermint tea which he was pleased with his dad commented about it too and took them for him. had a nice hug off gareth he signed poster I bought and the pic you get free. mom gave him a hug she don't like pic taken and she got poster too. we sat at the front tee hee and where we knew gareths keyboard was lol hehe. we had earlier directed the cherry bomb girls to the right part to enter lol.the cherry bomb girls sang well thought they had a good vibe was not keen on jai bit loud lol but he did well with the sound guy messing up. gareth came on he was amazing I think he coped so well with his vocals and sang beautifully but could tell he was in pain. he sang songs from his greatest hits album but not what my heart wants to say but he sang some other great songs. he sang the usual bon jovi ones and spirit in the sky which gets everyone going. he sang quite a few love songs like the one from dirty dancing which was beautiful. we waited afterwards as wanted to tell him how good he was. he was so determined to finish the set you could tell even though his throat was hurting him as he kept rubbing it. we saw paul come out a couple girls went to talk to him andrea then went over to him. paul went and we waited as paul had said gareth would come out this way. saw pete and adam with gareths car and they packed up the instrument etc into the back surprised it all fit in lol. gareth came down once all that was done he looked so tired bless him I went up to him and told him he was brilliant and had a quick pic with him people did,nt keep him long which was good I told him to take care before he went. we got taxi home safely still found it tiring lol but I do tend to get more tired lol.it was a fantastic night and so glad I could be there to see him and hear his beautiful voice. his one of a kind and a true gentleman and performer love him so much. love sarahjane xxx