Our visit to Snow white (spoiler)

Guest NicolaJayne

Guest NicolaJayne

Had a good journey to Croyden, cut out the toll bridge and shortened the journey time.

Met up with Lisa her Mum and Daughter in the foyer, just had time for a coffee and it was time to take our seats.a bit if confusion over the seating as we realised we had 2 seats booked on the front row and one 2 rows further back, booked it so long ago that I had forgotten that, anyway worked out ok in the end as Brian don't like front row anyway so he sat back and left the 2 front seats for Sammy and I.

Lisa and her Mum and daughter were sat 2 rows directly behind us and Brian next to them.

We had to wait a while before Gareth appeared but eventually he did in all his splendour, he really is the perfect Prince.

He sang about 5 songs but afraid I am not great at remembering what they were all called. Two were from Frozen, one "Love is an open door" and one Elvis's "Little less conversation"which he wore the White Elvis jumpsuit very similar to the one he wore on his tour all those years ago, and he looked sensational in it. He also sang "All of me"

Never feel we get enough singing in the pantos but then that is to be expected, never mind Gareth seemed on top form and no sign of any problems with his voice.

Gareth's speech was perfect and you would not have thought that the show had only just opened yesterday.

The dwarfs were all very entertaining but all of them different to the ones we saw previously when Gareth did Snow White. The main one really made me laugh he had a strong northern accent but was a great all round entertainer he sang and even played the drums.

Loopy was just the smallest dwarf I have ever seen in my life and was just so cute and funny.

A novel idea was A spoof Simon Cowell appearing and speaking in the magic mirror, something a bit different and very funny.

Quinn Patrick was hilarious as Nurse Nellie, but did think they could have chosen a better Snow White she just didn't seem to fit the part somehow. Pity Faye wasn't available.

Gareth had the usual gags about him being Will Young and then being referred to as Darius quite a few times.

There was the usual Ghost scene on the bench, but no children invited up on stage which was missed as it's always a nice touch to have children involved in the show.

There were lots of Birthdays to give out and lots of school childrens parties to get a mention, so unfortunately Lisa's and my Birthday didn't get a mention. But never mind there was just too many.

It was nice to get the special wave from Gareth at the end and lovely that he wished everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, somehow when that comes from Gareth it seems much more sincere.

All too soon the show was over the second half always seems to go much more quickly than the first half.

We did go to the stage door after the performance in the hope of seeing Gareth but found the staff at the stage door very rude and unhelpful insisting that we were not allowed at the stage door and sending us right out to the gates which was ridiculous as there was only 2 of us. When we went back to ask if Gareth was coming out we were told he wasn't as he was in rehearsals.

So we went home disappointed, but it was very nice of Gareth to tweet us after explaining why he couldn't come out, know he would have if it were possible

Programmes were only £3 50 so well worth getting as a memento of the show. .

Thank you for your lovely report Elaine, sounds such a lovely and fun show :) I agree it would of been lovely if Faye was available, hopefully again one day.

I'm sorry to hear you couldn't meet Gareth, he sounded sad on Twitter bless him. i'm not to pleased to hear about the security, I didn't realize theatres had security like that.

Guest NicolaJayne

The stage door is at the back of the theatre Maria and that is where all the stars and staff parking is so it's a big area and the gates are right at the back, we saw Gareth's car parked there and all the Mums were waiting outside for the children but there was only us and Lisa her Mum and daughter and they sent us right to the back gates which were left open but they were so keen that the chap came over when we were just a little inside the gates and told us to go outside the gates, Brian couldn't believe it,. The gates are directly opposite the stage door but about 30 or 40 feet back from it. The man said they had tightened up on security, and it was the rules. But I did walk back through and into the stage door to the man on the desk and asked him to give Gareth a Christmas card. I also said it was the only theatre I had ever been to where you weren't allowed to stand at the stage door..

I agree with you there, iv'e definitely never known a theatre where you cant stand at the stage door :wtf2: I was wondering if security was like that at the time because they knew none of the cast would be coming out but it now sounds like its like that anyway them being the rules. If he could of came out then he'll definitely of came over to you and Lisa anyway but still it makes meeting cast harder

Guest NicolaJayne

Pleased to hear Natasha had a better experience at the stage door today and saw Gareth, I still can't believe they made us go back to the gate when we were just standing there quietly and not bothering anyone.

I know I am lucky that Brian takes me but the reason he goes to the panto is very much to do with Sammy,

I am going again tomorrow but this time with Linda, not looking forward to the journey as it's not an easy one to Croyden.