Gareth in Panto 2015 at Crewe ( Cheshire)

Yorksheather

Saturday 19th December panto crewe with maria and Hayley and her mom pat. was a little difficult to get to as seemed only 1 coach there and 1 back a day so we went by train but last train was 10.24 at night. was about a hour on train not too bad and got to sit down atleast. got to theatre when afternoon show had started so we went to a pub which had wetherspoons food me and the kiddies menu lol. had a lovely meal and drink then went to see if gareth came out after the afternoon show. he did,nt come out after the afternoon show. met a girl called kirsty with her daughter who waited too was nice to meet someone new that we had not met before think kirsty recognised maria. we was front row in middle so had good seats. the show was very differently set up to other cinderellas scenes was different. the girl playing Cinderella was very petite she pulled off a sweet Cinderella. buttons was very funny I loved scene with gareth buttons and Cinderella a rather humourous scene including gareth getting a wedgie lol from buttons. baron hardup was good with his various puppets of animals and people. the ugly sisters were funny with there very extrovert outfits lol. gareth sang quite a few times the first was uptown funk which was rather groovy. he also sang unchained melody which bought back memories of a certain youngman in a white suite lol. he also sang song by brian adams called everything I do I do it for you from the film robin hood. when he sang that I was all a quiver lol sounded gorgeous. I cant remember the other songs. gareth had a array of outfits the wedding one being the most colourfull a fushia pink with turquoise and a hat with feather on as I think you can see in pic kirsty posted. I thought all his other outfits was rather hot. cinderella had quite a few costume changes including the one from rags to pretty dress on stage dunno how they do that lol. the ugly sisters outfits were extrovert including outfits with them walking dogs lol and darlik dresses lol. show was very lively no dull moments atall the kids were great. waited to see him after the show knowing we had to get our taxi at 10 as maria had ordered it as last train back was 10.24 could not risk missing it had to hope he came out in time as we all had gifts for him. maria kindly carried my rather heavy bag cause of my arm. got to give him his presents we each had a photo and our programmes signed then we just waited for our taxi hoping it turn up lol as never know.we made our train and then left Hayley in town and we got taxi home was home about 12ish was early for us lol. im okay tired but happy just glad I could give gareth his presents id bought him.id of felt bad getting maria to carry them back home lol.heres my picture with gareth the girls have theres on there cameras. love sarahjane xxx

post-414-0-77673200-1450620762_thumb.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you SarahJane for your great report again. I'm so glad you managed to get to see Gareth after the showto give him your gifts and get your hug and picture. What a lovely picture it is too.

I think the Kirsty you met after the matinee is the Kirsty who put her report and pictures on above yours. Glad you all had a lovely time.

Thank you also Kirsty for putting up the pictures you took.

Thanks Kirsty was posting about your visit to Cinderella, your pics are great . It's always good to hear that Gareth has his new young fans ,and I'm glad you got to meet some other fans , just a shame Gareth doesn't seem to be coming out for the afternoon shows, maybe he is being strict about resting his voice , which is good , we know he loves to come out and meet his fans.
Thanks Sarahjane for your brilliant report form the panto, it's good to hear what some of his songs are , I'm glad you had a good time and managed to meet Gareth and give him your gifts , your pic is gorgeous :thumbsup:

Thank you so much for posting your lovely report Kirsty :) it was lovely to meet you in the afternoon, such a sweet and polite lovely lady and your daughter is adorable bless her. I agree Gareth was holding back a little in Unchained Melody I noticed as he missed that high note but I don't think it's because his vocal cord is currently to bad to do it, it's more so to protect it as it doesn't really matter being a panto but he would of done the note if it had been Mad about the Musicals. love your pics too :)

Thank you so much for your detailed and lovely report Sarahjane, was such a lovely day :) no need to of felt bad if I'd had to of carried your gift bag back home. It made our Christmas as usual. love your pic too :)

Guest NicolaJayne

Thank you Kirsty and Sarahjane for your lovely reports from the panto, and your pic with Gareth is gorgeous Sarahjane. Thank you also to Kirsty for the lovely pics.

Such a shame that you didn't manage to meet Gareth after the show Kirsty, I am always disappointed when I go home without seeing him. Strange how the lady said Gareth was. Very shy and private and wouldn't be coming out, Gareth is quite the opposite and loves seeing his fans.

Thanks Kirsty and everyone for your great reports.

How lovely you are met up with each other and can now put faces to names.

Thanks for posting the photos too Kirsty. Risky but appreciated! It was quite a surprise to see Gareth in that lovely pink costume.

So glad everyone had a brilliant time.

Pretty much everything has been said by others in their reports, Gareth plays the perfect Prince as always, i can't think of anyone else as perfect for the role as he is.

Here's my pic with him, thanks to Sarahjane getting rid of the red eye. glad we had chance to give him the gifts but would of understood if he hadn't felt like or had time to come out.

post-156-0-94435400-1450735393_thumb.jpg

We have another review:

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/8203-Review-Cinderella-Crewe-Lyceum/story-28361631-detail/story.html

Magic was in the air in Crewe on Saturday as panto season kicked off at The Lyceum.

A packed theatre was treated to festive fun with the classic story of Cinderella. Full of music, dance and comedy, the show had the audience laughing from start to finish.

Directed by Stewart Nicholls, this entertaining show is everything a panto should be. From the outrageously funny costumes of the Ugly Sisters, to energetic dance numbers and slap stick comedy routines.

The cast did a fantastic job. Gareth Gates was a wonderful Prince Charming and the audience clearly adored him. Cast opposite Gareth was Alice Baker as Cinderella, who has an amazing voice.

Opening night however, belonged to Adam C Booth who played a fantastic Buttons. He was funny throughout the show, entertaining and engaging with the audience for the entire time.

One of the best scenes has to be when Prince Charming tries to serenade Cinderella whilst sitting on a wall with Buttons continually getting in the way. Beautifully staged, with spot on comic timing. It was a five star classic panto moment. The audience loved it.

If you're lucky enough to be going to see Cinderella watch out for Jimmy Tamley as Baron Hardup during the audience participation section of the show - I do hope the volunteers have recovered!

An entertaining show, suitable for the whole family, with festive surprises and lots of laughs.

Guest NicolaJayne

Lovely pic Maria, love the colour of your coat, really suits you, such a change from all the drab colours this time of year. I agree he is the perfect Prince Charming.

Also thank you Chris for posting the review.

Home / Family / Cinderella – Crewe Lyceum Theatre
Cinderella-Crewe-Lyceum-C-Wes-Webster.jp
Cinderella – Crewe Lyceum Theatre

Posted by: The Reviews Hub - North West in Family, Pantomime, North West, Review, Festive 15/16 19 hours ago 0

Writer: Alan McHugh
Director: Stewart Nicholls
Reviewer: John Roberts

Describing your show as “The Greatest Pantomime of them all” is a big assumption to live up to, but QDOS Entertainment and the Crewe Lyceum have more than lived up to the hype producing, in this production ofCinderella, what could be the best pantomime in the North West.

Alan McHugh should be congratulated in writing one of the freshest and most enjoyable panto scripts that this reviewer has seen. It’s pacey, full of audience participation, the puns and innuendo come thick and fast (especially during a brilliant shopping scene) and the laughter just keeps on coming until you are fighting back the tears – the strongest pantomime writers create the show to the strength of the cast, and that is certainly true of Stewart Nicholls’ production. His direction keeps the show slick and polished, the onstage business is timed to comic perfection and Thomas Spratt’s classic choreography is incorporated seamlessly into the production.

Headlining the show is Gareth Gates, who is a perfect Prince Charming. He oozes charisma and pulls the rôle off with aplomb, even surprising the audience with many personal put downs on his past career and personal choices – self-deprecation certainly works here. Of course, an obligatory performance ofUnchained Melody is delivered in perfect fashion at just the right time. Jimmy Tamley as Baron Hardup is an unassuming character and gentle in nature, but really comes into his own during the scenes where his clear passion in ventriloquism is allowed to shine – a Second Act scene that uses audience members being a real hoot. Likewise, Rosie Glossop brings plenty of enthusiasm and joy to the rôle of the Fairy Godmother, who also is able to showcase brilliant vocals.

In the titular rôle of Cinderella, Alice Baker makes the most of the rôle; she is lovable from the off and balances the saccharine-sweet nature of the character perfectly. As double acts go, you can’t go better than Daniel Southworth and Richard Foster-King as the ugly sisters – their costumes, designed by James McIvor, just as bright and hilarious as their performances, which never fail to deliver.

The show, however, should be renamed Buttons, for this is Adam C Booth’s show – this is a powerhouse performance from an actor who wins the hearts of the audience from his first energetic entrance to the final bow – he works the audience perfectly and pitches a comic performance that is rarely seen delivered with such panache in pantomime – the wall in the wood scene with Gates and Baker being a real showstopper.

If you are looking for a pantomime that provides excellent value for money, great costumes and glittering sets, a first-rate cast and plenty of laughs, then a trip to Crewe to see this magical and hilarious production is highly recommended.

Runs until 3 January 2016 | Image: Wes Webster

Lovely interview which I saw late last night. Thanks for posting on here, Khelda.

Love these comments:

".........the Crewe Lyceum have more than lived up to the hype producing, in this production ofCinderella, what could be the best pantomime in the North West."

".........a first-rate cast.........."

and

"Headlining the show is Gareth Gates, who is a perfect Prince Charming. He oozes charisma and pulls the rôle off with aplomb......"

Pleased to see that a reviewer has noticed and commented on Gareth's brilliant stage-presence.