Gareth's Vocal Treatment

Gareth has announced on his Website that due to his vocal treatment all gigs, with he exception of the remaining Haven tour, in July and August have had to be cancelled.

http://www.garethgates.com/2015/07/cancellation-of-dates/

At the end of July Gareth is having a steroid injection to strengthen his vocal cords, this is followed by weeks of physio. As a result he will have to cancel his date on July 31st as well as all of his dates in August. Gareth has put in a lot of work in the past 6 months and is recovering well, but needs help to get back to being 100%. It’s a decision he’s taken very seriously but something he feels he needs to do to be able to get back on top and fulfil the next busy 12 months!

Hopefully after this treatment we will have Gareth back with us in full fitness. Good Luck Gareth.

Thanks for posting this Val. :doctor:(this is an emoticom we haven't had to use very often)

Hoping it all goes well for Gareth. Must admit it's some treatment I wouldn't like to go through. There again I am not a singer whose living and loving of singing depend on it!

Let's hope he is back singing soon. Meantime I like the sound of the 'busy 12 months ahead' :thumbsup:

Guest NicolaJayne

Hoping the treatment works and puts an end to Gareths problems as I think maybe he has had to turn a lot of work away due to his situation.we want him back fit and well to do what he does best entertain us with his brilliant acting and singing.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for posting these tweets Val and Chris for posting the link about Sam Smith, not read it yet but will give it a read as it will be interesting to see what he has to say.

He is back home now bless him

Back home from a long day at the hospital. Feeling slightly dazed and a little sore. But glad to be home :-)

These are sweet

The biggest love to my mum @wmgates and my sister @jessicagatesxo for bringing me home 2764.png

And a ridiculous amount of love for my lady for being at bedside throughout it all. I love you @Faye_Brookes

Thanks to everyone for posting the tweets. This message was just posted on Gareth's Facebook

"Gareth Gates 10 mins ·

Hey Everyone

Just to let you all know that Gareth has had his steroid injection in his vocal cord today, is through recovery and has ordered food. He’s starving hungry as he’s not eaten today.. So he is doing well!.. Being looked after by mum Wendy and girlfriend Faye, so he’s in good hands!
We will update you again in due course. But all went very well.
Thanks to everyone for their best wishes

Gareth HQ x"

Gareth has posted on his facebook

https://www.facebook.com/GarethGates?fref=nf

Gareth Gates

29 mins · Edited ·

Hello Everyone

We have a message from Gareth!

To my Beautiful fans,

This past week has been good in some ways and tough in others.

Good because I've had the time to rest and finally switch off. Something I haven't done for a while! But tough because being told not to make a sound is very hard! - Speech impediment aside (!) I can be quite gobby!!

The operation went well. I had my mum, sister and beautiful girlfriend (soon to be soap star!) with me, so I was good hands! The surgeon found inflammation and scar tissue on one of my cords so he injected it with steroids. All went well.

I was a little groggy for a few days because of the aneasthetic... And because I wasn't able to go to gym! Grrrrrr!!!

I had my checkup Wednesday with my surgeon and we saw some positive results.. And I start my vocal rehabilitation tomorrow. So as of then I can talk again... Yey!!

Thank you for all your lovely messages on Facebook and Twitter. Your support is what's really got me through! There's lots of hard work ahead but by the end of it I'll be as good as new!!

We'll keep you updated!

Lots of love,

Gareth x

Thanks very much Heather, good to know that Gareth is already seeing some positive results, fingers crossed he continues to make progress.

So glad he has such a lovely close family and Faye looking after him. Hope he doesn't rush back to the gym, he needs to rest!